Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

What are you getting your wife for Christmas?

I understand the concept, but a few comments. One, something like the sautee pans I mentioned are something she's been meaning to replace but hasn't gotten to. I had asked Bier's advice back in July I think. The coating on her current pan is coming off, so we are eating a little teflon with every meal.

Two, when our kids were young we and our families bought them so much stuff that my wife and I looked at the pile and decided to never do that again. We moved to a "one gift from us and one from Santa" approach (they are too old for Santa but it gives us a wink-wink for a second gift). We sometimes embellish a little on the stockings but nothing like what used to happen with the gifts.

Not saying you are wrong, just explaining how we approach it. :cheers:

I dont know what this has to do with my post at all. :dunno: :cheers:

I dont know what this has to do with my post at all. :dunno: :cheers:

You implied that you are minimalist with your wife and buy a lot for the kids, and that it was wrong to do otherwise. I said that we are in some cases the opposite if we know things the other person wanted but hasn't gotten. Our kids are pretty much adults now though. The money I spent on those Calphalon pans is more than we will spend on any one gift for the kids, and as I said we've cut down on the volume of gifts since they were young. They, more than we, were much more likely to get what they wanted during the rest of the year.

You implied that you are minimalist with your wife and buy a lot for the kids, and that it was wrong to do otherwise. I said that we are in some cases the opposite if we know things the other person wanted but hasn't gotten. Our kids are pretty much adults now though. The money I spent on those Calphalon pans is more than we will spend on any one gift for the kids, and as I said we've cut down on the volume of gifts since they were young. They, more than we, were much more likely to get what they wanted during the rest of the year.

Got it - didnt know what you mean.

I look forward to cutting down on volume for the kids but the young one is 6. His gifts are at least pretty inexpensive at this age.

Getting your wife a sauté pan is super romantic.

Her birfday was earlier this month, and I got her Jabra ear buds (we're Samsung users) which I guess is more romantic than gifts to help her with her favorite hobby (cooking). :dunno:

Last year I got her a Demeyere steel pan which she loves for searing.

We have been married 25 years, we are well past the "every kiss begins with K" phase of life. :thumbsup:

No. We hate each other.

:lol:

Leather goods.

A belt in the mouth and a boot in her ass. :bandana:

I suggested to my gf that we not buy each other gifts as there is nothing we need and instead spend some money on a nice night/weekend. She agreed. If remains to be seen whether I will get hit on the head with a frying pan.

• Like 1

Since my wife is about to become a mother (so happy and blessed with this opportunity), I'm going to buy a baby monitoring system. Something like this https://www.babymonitortown.com/owlet-smart-sock-review-this-baby-heart-rate-monitor/ (pls don't have it is not a spam link). This actually a good present in my opinion + it is one of the bestselling products on Amazon right now :)

Appreciate that. And sorry about knocking her up. :cheers:

Gift to each other. We are spending February in Venice FL. I can find shark teef there.

Since my wife is about to become a mother (so happy and blessed with this opportunity), I'm going to buy a baby monitoring system. Something like this https://www.babymonitortown.com/owlet-smart-sock-review-this-baby-heart-rate-monitor/ (pls don't have it is not a spam link). This actually a good present in my opinion + it is one of the bestselling products on Amazon right now :)

What are you buying the father for xmas?

• Like 1

Gift to each other. We are spending February in Venice FL. I can find shark teef there.

toof contest :banana:
  • Like 1

Got a jar of homemade cannabis infused balm for her tonight in hopes that it'll help with her RA pain.

After 25 years of blissful happiness, I'm gonna not fock her in the azz. Dry, no donkey punch, demeaning her on how she doesn't dust or pay near enough attention to the balls while blowing me. I will yell at her" christmas spirity" for not telling me the brakes were making a "grinding on metal" sound for 2 days before telling me. :banana:

Got her a Hydroflask from REI then saw I can get online for half price. After I give it to her Ill return in when the online one gets delivered.

Im converting the dishwasher into a snowblower. So i bought her a shovel. :)

• Like 1

This year Im not too sure what to get my wife. Probably gonna get her an electric super soft blanket and probably make a picture with our dogs paw print on it in paint. Other than that I have no clue. She hasnt said much of anything she wants this year

This year Im not too sure what to get my wife. Probably gonna get her an electric super soft blanket and probably make a picture with our dogs paw print on it in paint. Other than that I have no clue. She hasnt said much of anything she wants this year

It's 12/22, you might want to give it some thought. :dunno:

She hasnt said much of anything she wants this year

Pssst. She wants a real man.

Pssst. She wants a real man.

Be nice. You know thats something he can't provide for her. :nono:

• Like 1

It's 12/22, you might want to give it some thought. :dunno:

Ive got a few things in mind besides that. She loves clothes from Palmetto Moon so Ill prob get her a couple things from there along with the electric blanket and the paw print painting. She doesnt even know what she wants herself.

We got her a new car. She is pretty happy.

been getting her misc. accessories for the car: key chain, ski rack, weather mats, license plate holders, etc

A focking 200$ coffee and espresso maker. 200 for something that shouldnt cost more than 20-30 bucks. Unreal. She used a 13$ coffee maker for 4 years just fine. Could just use that and get an espresso machine for 20$. But no, it has to be a combo machine. Easy, theres like 100 coffee machines at target/BBB right? Nope. Theres like 2 combo machines and one of them costs something absurd like 400. 179 for the one I got is plenty absurd enough. Just ridiculous.

A focking 200$ coffee and espresso maker. 200 for something that shouldnt cost more than 20-30 bucks. Unreal. She used a 13$ coffee maker for 4 years just fine. Could just use that and get an espresso machine for 20$. But no, it has to be a combo machine. Easy, theres like 100 coffee machines at target/BBB right? Nope. Theres like 2 combo machines and one of them costs something absurd like 400. 179 for the one I got is plenty absurd enough. Just ridiculous.

If anyone would use a coffee maker in my house its me. My wife would rather go to the store and buy those premises Starbucks drinks like the pumpkin spice latte or the salted caramel latte. Wife likes really sweet coffee. She loves it when I make cafe cubanos. I drink my coffee and espressos black with no sugar. Enjoying the actual coffee is what I like to do

$179 for the one I got is plenty absurd enough. Just ridiculous.

Do she hit starbucks for lattes or whatnot? how often?

lets say 3 times a week at $5

if she now cuts out the starbucks you break even at 35 cups (not counting coffee/sugar/milk)

Do she hit starbucks for lattes or whatnot? how often?

lets say 3 times a week at $5

if she now cuts out the starbucks you break even at 35 cups (not counting coffee/sugar/milk)

Yea my wife gets Starbucks almost every morning after work. She spends a decent bit there but she likes them cause they are sweet

Yea my wife gets Starbucks almost every morning after work. She spends a decent bit there but she likes them cause they are sweet

we used to keep different creamers and syrups around. now we keep one or two sugar free syrups on hand. light usage