Sign in to follow this  
FFer

Can Steelers fans tell me why they don't run the f-ing ball?

???? Samuels is averaging 10 yards per carry, so it's obviously a good idea to sub him out every other series and put a WR in backfield.

Ben gets sacked and gets called for grounding. Genius. They should that all day.

Who would they run with?

They refused to pay the best RB in football.

Then when the feel good guy that had cancer went down, all they were left with is a guy that is listed as a TE in fantasy leagues. :dunno:

Samuels had 19 carries for 142 yards and 2 catches for 30 yards and the Steelers beat the Patriots.

Samuels had 19 carries for 142 yards and 2 catches for 30 yards and the Steelers beat the Patriots.

Shoulda been 160 yards rushing

Seeing as the Steelers ran 23 times (not including Ben's two "attempts") for 161 yards while the Pats ran it 19 times for 96 yards, I'd say your post is ill-timed at best and question who really is the idiot here.

And I'm no Defender of Tomlin, at all.

Seeing as the Steelers ran 23 times (not including Ben's two "attempts") for 161 yards while the Pats ran it 19 times for 96 yards, I'd say your post is ill-timed at best and question who really is the idiot here.

Yeah, this is definitely true.

I believe that rushing performance was more than the combined total of their last 3 games (or in the neighborhood anyway). They needed to pull back the reins of Ben a bit and do a better job controlling the game flow, and this was a step in the right direction. Those long, sustained, clock-killing drives get the other teams offense out of synch and wear out their defense. Weird to say, but "promising" is good way to describe a game where you only get 3 points in the 2nd half but limit a high-powered offense to the same amount.

So glad that you are so much smarter than the rest of us. Will make sure I ask you if my next post is well timed.

So glad that you are so much smarter than the rest of us. Will make sure I ask you if my next post is well timed.

:doublethumbsup:

This would greatly help you.

The refs wanted the Steelers to win the game...

Go away posty...the Pats had sh!t-ton of legit penalties, mostly the false start variety because the stadium was rocking.