Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Saints at Panthers: In-Game Discussion

I only put that because that's what Booger said right when I was typing that.

....and he was right!

I thought that was Drew Brees on that Taysom Hill run. I was like, "What the fock. Where did Brees get those wheels." :o

They ran that same counter to the left two times in a row, and it worked both times to perfection.

As Dante Jackson runs back the 2 point conversion. Might be the first time I've ever seen that in the pros.

They ran that same counter to the left two times in a row, and it worked both times to perfection.

As Dante Jackson runs back the 2 point conversion. Might be the first time I've ever seen that in the pros.

Four guys crowded into a five foot area, two for each side...and he throws into that.

Carolina has shown that they can't handle any success in this game. Let's see how they deal with adversity of being down 3.

Four guys crowded into a five foot area, two for each side...and he throws into that.

I thought he was going to get tackled, and then he just hit a whole nother level.

I don't care what anyone says...Cam's shoulder is shot.

Newton is thinking about his next outfit.

Big Pimpin'!

Perfect finish for this abortion of a game. The Aints are going to get demolished the first playoff game they play away from the dome.

Perfect finish for this abortion of a game. The Aints are going to get demolished the first playoff game they play away from the dome.

Looks that way. They peaked too soon.

Saints should let Cam run for a first down. He'll run off another 10 seconds celebrating.

This game has been a story of complete ineptitude.

CMC is the ONLY one who showed up for Carolina.

For the Aints, Karma and Ingram were OK. Brees was pitiful!

Newton has the same throwing motion that my four year old daughter has.

LOL

Cam Newton is a terrible QB. I can't believe that Carolina is feeling good about having him as their future.

He is openly and obviously playing hurt. They should have shelved him weeks ago. He is rarely amazingly accurate, but he cannot make most pro throws right now. Its a mess.

Cam will sit next 2 weeks. Not that it matters for any Cam owners....but CMac owners might have some concern.

CMac was the best QB on the field...

I have no idea what the Fock that was I just watched

Most qbs are ruined when they get rushed up the middle and folks cover the rbs. Drew Brees is no exception...especially when he is out of love with most of his receivers.

Divisional games/familiar opponents can put on weird games late in season. We have seen a few recently.

Post game...

Cam asked about the Eli Apple pick in the 1st half. He says, "I just tried to give Funchess a chance, and [Eli Apple] won."

Yeah, he just won. It didn't have anything to do with you throwing it straight at Apple's face.

He is openly and obviously playing hurt. They should have shelved him weeks ago. He is rarely amazingly accurate, but he cannot make most pro throws right now. Its a mess.

Yep. Should have listened to my gut and played Lamar Jackson over Cam - I came up 1.6 points short of the 'ship thanks to those awful throws and just a poor performance from a previously great NFL star. Even if the dude gets surgery and comes back to play again, I think we've seen the last of Superman. :/

Cam's two longest throws were a crossing route where he threw it 5 yrds short and the pass to Funchess that he threw 2 yrds short. Guy has zero ability to go more than 15 yrds up the field. I was shocked that the announcers really didn't talk about it...wait...it's Witten and Booger, so no I'm not shocked. But I did learn that one of Cam's greatest strengths is Yards After Catch, so there's that.

I'm more curious how this will affect McCaffrey if Cam is sat. In classic football irony, I'll be rolling out McCaffrey and Saquon in one championship, and playing against them in another. :wall: