Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

Cam celebrating a first down while clock runs down

I gotta be honest. It infuriated me.

Dont even mind the pick, trying to make a play. Hes been hurt for weeks. A tough SOB, a great teammate, and does a TON for the community.

But random dumbass stuff like that drives me nuts.

That happens frequently with quarterbacks. I take it what makes this unusual in Cam's case is that his team may have been behind at the time.

Wish I had started one of those dumb athletic quarterbacks instead of Drew Brees (again) this week. Dumb athletic seems to be better than 'smart' and 'can't perform at a league average level if he isn't at home'.

That happens frequently with quarterbacks. I take it what makes this unusual in Cam's case is that his team may have been behind at the time.

30 seconds left in the half, 2 timeouts, and at the opponents 20 yard line.

They wasted 1 play to go for a to at the end of a half. Except the pick made it a moot point, but still....

Wish I had started one of those dumb athletic quarterbacks instead of Drew Brees (again) this week. Dumb athletic seems to be better than 'smart' and 'can't perform at a league average level if he isn't at home'.

its been a rough couple of weeks for the sure fire fantasy studs

its been a rough couple of weeks for the sure fire fantasy studs

Brees headed toward his fourth straight game under 202 yards.

Fewest passing yards allowed by Carolina in 2018: 163 (Smith), 170 (Prescott)

Brees currently: 162

Fewest passing yards allowed by Tampa in 2018: 131 (Jackson), 178 (Smith)

Brees: 201

Fewest passing yards allowed by Dallas in 2018: 149 (Bortles), 161 (Newton)

Brees: 127

That two-point play was a decision any dumb athletic QB would have been proud of.

My entire team literally crapped the bed. Probably the best team I ever had.

Goff

Michael Thomas

Tyreek Hill

Edelman

Cooper

Kamara

Fournette (played Marlon Mack most of the year)

Kittle

80ish points. Averaged 150+ all year.

My entire team literally crapped the bed. Probably the best team I ever had.

Goff

Michael Thomas

Tyreek Hill

Edelman

Cooper

Kamara

Fournette (played Marlon Mack most of the year)

Kittle

80ish points. Averaged 150+ all year.

If I faded Brees these past three weeks like I should have, I'd be in first place with two weeks to go (total points league). Instead, Brees has steered me back into fourth place, forty-eight points back.

Same. Another stinker from Brees and my game is so close I might lose it on his kneel downs.

So, do you think Carolina feels good about their future at the QB position? They are in purgatory.

Dont even mind the pick, trying to make a play. Hes been hurt for weeks. A tough SOB, a great teammate, and does a TON for the community.

Some people don't look beyond the hype to understand the substance.

Love him or hate him, dude is a fukin baller. :thumbsup:

So, do you think Carolina feels good about their future at the QB position? They are in purgatory.

Half the league is in mediocre qb purgatory.

Then you have maybe a fifth with franchise QBs.

The rest have nothing and know it.

Next up to sign up for qb purgatory... Titans. Cowboys.

Realistically, he should be better than this by now....

We lost 7 games by 7 points or less. Most one score or less losses in the NFL. Only non one possession loss was to Pitt. All other losses were one score close heartbreaks.

Thats sports. Sometimes the football just doesnt bounce your way. However theyve been super competitive and n every game.

Couple that with Cam being hurt for a month now and Im extremely confident in next season.

If Im the owner, I bring Coach Ron in, tellem his job is safe for next season, shut Cam down, ease off the use of CMC and lets look at our depth the next two weeks.

With that said this is Cams 8th year. Time to start looking hard in the draft at that position. If anything for a quality backup.

Realistically, he should be better than this by now....

So true. He should have abandoned the childish antics on the field at this point. You could explain it away to youthful exuberance in the past, by damn, it's time to grow up and be a leader. Spending one second at this point celebrating a first down is just selfish and distracting. Get back in the huddle.

We lost 7 games by 7 points or less. Most one score or less losses in the NFL. Only non one possession loss was to Pitt. All other losses were one score close heartbreaks.

Thats sports. Sometimes the football just doesnt bounce your way. However theyve been super competitive and n every game.

Couple that with Cam being hurt for a month now and Im extremely confident in next season.

If Im the owner, I bring Coach Ron in, tellem his job is safe for next season, shut Cam down, ease off the use of CMC and lets look at our depth the next two weeks.

With that said this is Cams 8th year. Time to start looking hard in the draft at that position. If anything for a quality backup.

This is exactly what QB Purgatory is. And some owners don't mind, because they can still sell hope by the truck load.

They also won a game on a last second 63 yard FG at home to an inferior Giants team. Don't forget to add that in.

QB routinely celebrate 1st downs off 5 yard runs? No they dont. He is literally the only QB who does.

Other positions sure. Cam is a dumb WR out there playing QB.

Other positions sure. Cam is a dumb WR out there playing QB.

Oh good Lord. He was MVP of the League playing the QB position. Just stop. This place sometimes. :doh:

Oh good Lord. He was MVP of the League playing the QB position. Just stop. This place sometimes. :doh:

Hes black dude. This board does not take lightly to blacks coming out of their chains. You know this

Hes black dude. This board does not take lightly to blacks coming out of their chains. You know this

perfect example right here kids of a real racist.

The soft bigotry of low expectations on display disguised as tolerance and support.

You sir are what's wrong with this country.

You and people like you are MLKs nightmare.

Russell Wilson seems to escape scorn

Russell Wilson seems to escape scorn

Russell toes the line. Its when a black guy doesnt do what you want him to do that you lose it.

perfect example right here kids of a real racist.

The soft bigotry of low expectations on display disguised as tolerance and support.

You sir are what's wrong with this country.

You and people like you are MLKs nightmare.

You sir are adorable.

Russell toes the line. Its when a black guy doesnt do what you want him to do that you lose it.

Holy crap, you're a full blown f'n racist but want to point fingers at others. Thanks for getting Trump elected - it's you're attitude that helped push him over the finish line!

Holy crap, you're a full blown f'n racist but want to point fingers at others. Thanks for getting Trump elected - it's you're attitude that helped push him over the finish line!

That's hurtful.

Who's losing it? If a white veteran QB took the time to celebrate a first down with the clock running and time was important I would say the same thing. I have the feeling you don't spend much time around black people. If you did you might not feel the need to infantilize them.

Who's losing it? If a white veteran QB took the time to celebrate a first down with the clock running and time was important I would say the same thing. I have the feeling you don't spend much time around black people. If you did you might not feel the need to infantilize them.

HT psychiatry----5 cents

There is nothing more pathetic than a pasty white guy pulling the Black race card.

I missed the game, where's the video? :dunno:

There is nothing more pathetic than a pasty white guy pulling the Black race card.

That's three of the mean girls. Whos next?