Sign in to follow this  
makindollaz

Way too early next year's draft question...

How high does Mahomes go?

The difference between him and the rest of the QB's this year has been significant. Going into next year, is he in the Gurley/Barkley tier at the top of the overall board?

I would say wherever Aaron Rodgers was being drafted in your league in 2014-2017 is where he'll be. Would be shocked if he isn't the #1 QB off the board in round 2 or 3. I personally never draft a QB before round 7 but in my leagues Rodgers and Brady would also go in rounds 2/3.

I hope I play with others that want to take him early n

Should have clarified...6 pt TD league, with bonuses for 40+ yard TD's. Normally I wait on QB's...have never had Rodgers or Brady. In our league, Mahomes was like 8 ppg better than #2 though. That's a big gap, and why I think he'll go mid 1st in our league.

Watson avg 28 points per game in 2017.

Many and I mean posted on here how they where looking to draft him early and many did.

He is avg 23 points per game.

So if Mahomes doesn’t throw for 40 plus tds and it’s hard to say he will again, I mean how offten does a Qb throw for 40 plus tds in back to back season?

So his avg drops let’s say even five points like Watson did you over reach for him?

True, and I was one who debated about Watson...ultimately (thankfully) decided against taking him early, but there were more questions with him than Mahomes IMO.

He wasn't the clear cut/undisputed #1 (which Mahomes is) and was coming off a season ending injury, which (unless something bad happens) Mahomes won't be.

It'll be an interesting offseason discussion though.

I'd also say in a 6 pt passing league he is a mid to late first. He is just a huge advantage at the position. Right now in my 6 pt passing league 10 pts per game over QB #8.

In dynasty/keeper he is even a bigger value. I think that we are near the end of a golden age of QB play. Rodgers, Brees, Brady and Big Ben are all on the down side of their careers. Now you have Mahomes, Luck and Watson. Not much else behind them. I guess you could also add Wilson but I don't like that offense at all. A little TD regression with Wilson and you have a total dud, not talent, but system.

True, and I was one who debated about Watson...ultimately (thankfully) decided against taking him early, but there were more questions with him than Mahomes IMO.

He wasn't the clear cut/undisputed #1 (which Mahomes is) and was coming off a season ending injury, which (unless something bad happens) Mahomes won't be.

It'll be an interesting offseason discussion though.

But Mahomes wasn’t a high draft pick, actually in many leagues he wasn’t even draft, he was a ww Pickup or a late draft pick.

Point is Watson was a high draft pick simply based on what he did in 2017 and he avg five whole points less per game.

So nothing can say that won’t be Mahomes.

But Mahomes wasnt a high draft pick, actually in many leagues he wasnt even draft, he was a ww Pickup or a late draft pick.

He was drafted in all 12-Team Leagues. Come on.

I'd expect some regression but I'd still consider taking him pretty high. 1st round even in your scoring system would be a little high for me but i'd prob start to consider him in middle of 2nd round.

Mahommes isn't a head fake. Watson isn't near the passer that Mahommes is.

I still may pass so that I can get Trubisky or Mayfield later.

He was drafted in all 12-Team Leagues. Come on.

False, this is miss-remembering. At the start of the year before we knew what we had people were saying @SD, @Pitt, SF, @Den then Jac; where will you have an opportunity to start Mahomes? He was a risky pick and in some 12 team leagues you get 16 QBs drafted. Those didn't always include Mahomes.

False, this is miss-remembering. At the start of the year before we knew what we had people were saying @SD, @Pitt, SF, @Den then Jac; where will you have an opportunity to start Mahomes? He was a risky pick and in some 12 team leagues you get 16 QBs drafted. Those didn't always include Mahomes.

No one was afraid of SD, PIT, or SF before the season.

He was drafted in my three leagues. Ill leave it at that.

Any player should be ranked based on level of consistency. Mahomes should be considered a top 5 skilled position player in drafts next year due to what he's done week in and week out. Elliot started slow yet got red hot with the Cooper trade...Barkley is every bit of a top 3 player. Gurley as well. Kamara early this year made me feel like he should have been the #1 overall pick but then became inconsistent. Based purely on consistency with a multitude of weeks..

1)Elliot( if Cooper was there from the git go and a viable te that could be addressed next year...Elliot will be the most consistent back

2)Mahomes find one match-up this championship week that a team does not have mahomes.( I have him in both my leagues for championships)

3)Barkley...rookie..crap oline..and eli...WOW!

4)Gurley been outstanding but I have a feeling he won't be run into the ground like he has next year

5)Mcafferty this kid can do it all! Will continue to get better on a young super talented team.

There's my top " consistent" 5..heck,#6 would be Juju

He ahouls vw the top QB taken in most leagues.

Probably in the mid to late first round a lot of times.

I really hope so.

I don’t ever recall someone in a league I’ve been in taking a Qb in round one.