Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

JuJu Smith-Schuster - groin injury - left practice

Smith-Schuster was a limited participant in Thursday's practice after exiting early with a groin injury, Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.
Spin:
The Steelers haven't commented on the severity of Smith-Schuster's setback, but the timing is far from ideal for both Pittsburgh and the wideout's fantasy managers alike. Smith-Schuster declined to shed light on his injury when he met with the media after Thursday's session, making his status uncertain for Sunday's game in New Orleans. If Smith-Schuster ends up sitting out, James Washington would be the leading candidate to enter the starting receiver ranks.
source Rotowire.com

Dammit. My opponent couldn't benefit any more this week. Gordon out, which means he will start Foster. That's probably a blessing. He has Samuels, which Conner is out. He has Brown, who will get more targets with Smith out or hobbled.

I added Jamaal Williams, but he comes up lame with a toe injury. If Ware sits out he has Damien Williams. I will be rightly screwed.

Dammit. My opponent couldn't benefit any more this week. Gordon out, which means he will start Foster. That's probably a blessing. He has Samuels, which Conner is out. He has Brown, who will get more targets with Smith out or hobbled.

I added Jamaal Williams, but he comes up lame with a toe injury. If Ware sits out he has Damien Williams. I will be rightly screwed.

God. I wish Ware would sit out.

Oh man I was looking for a WR to plug in and I think I may have found my free square in James Washington. Grabbed him just to see what develops. Eli Rogers was involved in his debut for season last week 4 for 20 yards. They gotta roll Washington to get most snaps right? Hes pretty explosive and a third round pick in draft I believe

God. I wish Ware would sit out.

Me too, started Damien Williams in the flex last week and that would be perfect.

Me too, started Damien Williams in the flex last week and that would be perfect.

same here. Although he got lucky on the mahomes no td

same here. Although he got lucky on the mahomes no td

Don't remind me of that travesty :mad:

Did just add Washington in 2 leagues where I am deciding on a WR3. Blocking my opponent in one, who has JuJu.

I could put Tyler Lockett or Robby Anderson or Mike Williams in place of JuJu. Still, hope we hear more about JuJu soon and it's good news

Sorry guys. We're going to need juju to sit this one out this week.

you're just going to have to take one for the team and put in someone else.

This one is REALLY difficult as a Steeler fan. On on hand, i would love to see the Steelers beat the Saints.

On the other hand, I'm playing my cheatin-ass boss in the championship of our work league and he got Odell, Juju and Gronk for a half eaten bag of chips (Alshon), a drug fiend (Gordon) and a never-was (Njoku). I would FOCKIN LOVE to see him lose Gurley, Odell, and Juju for the championship weak to serve his cheatin ass right.

Jamaal williams ahoukd have a good game. Philbin said he was going to be a big part of the gameplan and that he looked fine.

With a banged up oline and the last 2 games meaningless I wouldnt expect to see Rodgers sling it 50 times. And Williams is really the only guy in the backfield and does play all 3 downs.

Jamaal williams ahoukd have a good game. Philbin said he was going to be a big part of the gameplan and that he looked fine.

With a banged up oline and the last 2 games meaningless I wouldnt expect to see Rodgers sling it 50 times. And Williams is really the only guy in the backfield and does play all 3 downs.

If Williams was 100% I would start him without hesitation. The toe injury is not a good sign at all. I am going to have an incredibly tough decision of Coleman vs Williams.

Now the Saints can put the clamps on Brown and Samuels. Saints defense is playing great at the right time. Since week 8 the they have allowed an average of 12.3 points per game.

this sucks much worse as a steelers fan than as a FFB owner.

really struggling to see the steelers pull a somewhat necessary rabbit out of their head without a healthy JJ

If Williams was 100% I would start him without hesitation. The toe injury is not a good sign at all. I am going to have an incredibly tough decision of Coleman vs Williams.

What have you heard on the toe? I have read direct quotes from Philbin that he looks fine and is in line for a big workload.

Now of course anything can happen. But have you heard anything different?

Now the Saints can put the clamps on Brown and Samuels. Saints defense is playing great at the right time. Since week 8 the they have allowed an average of 12.3 points per game.

They have more weapons than just Brown and Juju. With Rogers back in the slot, James Washington playing better and any of 3 TE they can throw at a defense, there is a lot of firepower even if Juju doesn't go.

What have you heard on the toe? I have read direct quotes from Philbin that he looks fine and is in line for a big workload.

Now of course anything can happen. But have you heard anything different?

RotoWire) Williams (toe) logged a limited practice Wednesday, Michael Cohen of The Athletic reports.

Analysis: For the second straight session, Williams' workload was capped as he tends to a toe injury. He's expected to fill in as the Packers' lead back with Aaron Jones (knee) on injured reserve, but owners may have to wait until Friday to get some clarification on his availability for Sunday's road game against the Jets. The only other running back on the 53-man roster is Kapri Bibbs.

https://www.rotowire.com

RotoWire) Williams (toe) logged a limited practice Wednesday, Michael Cohen of The Athletic reports.

Analysis: For the second straight session, Williams' workload was capped as he tends to a toe injury. He's expected to fill in as the Packers' lead back with Aaron Jones (knee) on injured reserve, but owners may have to wait until Friday to get some clarification on his availability for Sunday's road game against the Jets. The only other running back on the 53-man roster is Kapri Bibbs.

https://www.rotowire.com

I am starting him for sure unless reports are he hets worse. Philbin himself said he would br a big part of the plan. Limited practice can mean anything and I feel roto is giving a token take based on practice status.

Jamaal Williams is the injury report with a new injury (toe), which could be a concern after Aaron Jones went to IR, but Joe Philbin said: I thought he had a good day of practice yesterday (and) he's going to be a big part of the game plan on Sunday."

No practice again today for JuJu.

Teammates still suggest that he is playing, but a missed practice on Friday is not a good sign imho.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/21/steelers-vs-saints-juju-smith-schuster-misses-practice-cannot-speak-to-reporters/

I would normally agree, but Hopkins and Hilton have sat our Friday practices several times this year. My 4 WR's for this weekends championship game are Allen, Hopkins, Hilton and JuJu. My TE is Gonk. All are listed as questionable. I may be forced to roll with Kenny Stills, Gerald Everett and LeSean McCoy in the place of 3 of them.

They have more weapons than just Brown and Juju. With Rogers back in the slot, James Washington playing better and any of 3 TE they can throw at a defense, there is a lot of firepower even if Juju doesn't go.

I don't doubt what you say but those guys are not juju. And it does hurt Pitt. Especially in the dome.

It’ll suck majorly if JuJu starts and then aggravates the injury and comes out. I have him and Julio and am now very nervous about both.

Does this help James Washington and Vance McDonald mostly?

Not sure, but I am rolling out Washington as my WR3 if JuJu can't go.

Itll suck majorly if JuJu starts and then aggravates the injury and comes out. I have him and Julio and am now very nervous about both.

They could also just use him as a diversion for a quarter or two.