Sign in to follow this  
skydiverd

The "I started Rivers and still won the Ship" thread

Whoop Whoop! This maybe a very small group indeed, but Let's hear it! 3.3 points from Rivers in the Championship game and I still won it! To top it off, I left J. Williams, E. McGuire, and CJ Anderson on my bench..... LOL (Started Chubb, Samuels, and D Williams) Basically both our teams pooped the bed, but his just did it worse! Phew! Every other team in our league would have wiped the floor with either of us this week.

I labored over Rivers the whole week. Even picked up Josh Allen, and thought about Foles. In the end, I left Rivers in thinking he had the best floor.

I am curious if I am a man on an island with Rivers and winning the championship. Well, as long as Doug Martin does not out perform Jared Cook tonite by 30 points anyhow. Feel pretty safe about that.

I benched Rivers but still had to play against him and lost anyway...does that count?

12x2 league...guy I played and I had very similar rosters. Unfortunately his RB's (Kamara and McCaffrey) and TE (Ertz) were a lot better than mine. So he was still able to overcome playing Rivers.

Sorry to hear you lost. I guess that means there could be another thread - I played against Rivers and lost the Ship. LOL

Anyhow, either way, I feel this list is very small indeed. LOL Enjoy the Holidays and have a great 2019!

I'll go one better. I started Gronk and still won the Title by 6 points. Luckily for me, the rest of the roster showed up to play.

I'll go one better. I started Gronk and still won the Title by 6 points. Luckily for me, the rest of the roster showed up to play.

Same. Started Gronk and won by 12. Baltimore D, and by extension Rivers, saved me. Thanks Rivers! :banana:

Despite knowing better and debating it for most of the week, I started Rivers as well. Even taking a 3 from him, I was able to bring home the championship.

I lost Hunt, and had Collins, Breida, and Ware all go down, along with James White's disappearing act over the last month, but was fortunate enough to have Damien Williams and McGuire over the past couple of weeks, which was the difference. A last minute add of Robby Anderson as my flex and Herndon at TE was big too. (Who would have thought starting 3 Jets for championship week was the right plan?) A monster week from Antonio Brown pushed me over the top, and T. Hill and the Rams with solid days all combined to make up for the QB misfire that I thought would bury me.

Going into the weekend I really didn't think I had much of a shot, as my opponent's matchups were excellent. He scored well this week, but needed a monster game from J. Cook on Monday night that thankfully didn't happen.

Sometimes the best wins are the unexpected ones.

This has been one crazy fantasy season. Congrats to all who pulled it out in the end.

Ouch. Sorry about that. I was pretty much in despair saturday evening and into Sunday over Rivers. But then, I saw that the guy I was going to play in his place didnt fare any better (Josh Allen). So I just figured it was my fate to tank.

Luckily Gurley missed, and my opponent was forced to use Doug Martin as I grabbed everyone off the waivers I could over the previous 2 weeks. I eneded up winning by 4 points. I am sure that Gurley, would have out produced Martin by that amount, easily.

I also got that last play DST touchdown from TN. IF that didn't happen, I lose. What a week! I'll never forget this one. I was 10-3 2nd seed, and I beat the #1 seed who was 11-2. And when I lost Hunt (and someone beat me to Ware), and then Conner went down, I thought I was cooked. I became a WW maniac, and it paid off.