RLLD

Trump threatens to close 'Southern Border entirely

Thats what makes me the most uneasy about Trump, and by extension his flock. This whole cult of personality thing, thats usually reserved for dictators. Obviously people loved Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc and they all did a lot of really stupid sh!t that their loyal followers dismissed. But he stokes this primal fear that I honestly had no idea existed here. I dont ever remember a group of Americans so indoctrinated by the propaganda of a president. Its pretty bizarre TBH.

Theyve convinced themselves that a president who encourages violence against other Americans, pays hush money to the hookers he focked, undermines his own intelligence agencies but kisses the asses of foreign dictators, and spends all day Twittering like a menstrual preteenager is normal. In fact he is a victim / martyr of the Deep State.

All you can do is laugh. :dunno:

• Like 2

He didnt win the popular vote. Dont forget that. Not to mention all of the chumps that didnt vote and those who voted for neither of the 2 idiots.

Neither did Bill Clinton. Boom! Roasted.

Thats what makes me the most uneasy about Trump, and by extension his flock. This whole cult of personality thing, thats usually reserved for dictators. Obviously people loved Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc and they all did a lot of really stupid sh!t that their loyal followers dismissed. But he stokes this primal fear that I honestly had no idea existed here. I dont ever remember a group of Americans so indoctrinated by the propaganda of a president. Its pretty bizarre TBH.

Lowering my taxes, bringing jobs back to the USA, securing our safety is your idea of a dictator spewing propaganda and stoking primal fear?

Umm. Yes, Bill Clinton won the popular vote both times.

You may be confusing the Bush/Gore election. :lol:

Yea Gore won popular over Bush. Clinton won popular both terms. I recall there was flap over Florida recounts or something. Like it was reported Florida was blue then it was suddenly changed to red.

Is this where I say to HT/RP,

Boom! Roasted!? :lol:

Sub 50%. Yer roasted.

I know you're joking with this. Trump retardation is way more prevalent.

Exhibit A

Holy crap! The "The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!" thread is 2600+ pages long???

Holy crap! The "The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!" thread is 2600+ pages long???

F@ck yeah. The Russia collusion thread is also 2200+ pages long.

that place is crazy left and TDS runs rampant.

Didnt Trump turn down $25B for the wall because it included some protections for Dreamers? If so, he is doing the art of the deal wrong I think

Didnt Trump turn down $25B for the wall because it included some protections for Dreamers? If so, he is doing the art of the deal wrong I think

no

I thought he offered citizenship to 2 million dreamers to the Dems in a deal that included funding for a wall and they turned it down.

Yes

https://www.businessinsider.com/congress-dreamer-deal-fails-immigration-trump-daca-spending-bill-2018-3

The White House initially offered a roughly three-year DACA extension in exchange for $25 billion in border wall funding, Axios reported on Thursday, citing Congressional sources familiar with the negotiations.

Democrats appeared amenable to the $25 billion figure, but shot down the offer because it provided a pathway to citizenship for only about 700,000 DACA recipients not the full 1.8 million population of young unauthorized immigrants brought to the US as children.

Democrats then suggested exchanging the $25 billion border wall funding for a pathway to citizenship for the 1.8 million immigrants, but the Trump administration turned them down, demanding broader immigration reforms in return for the broader population of Dreamers.

Yes

https://www.businessinsider.com/congress-dreamer-deal-fails-immigration-trump-daca-spending-bill-2018-3

The White House initially offered a roughly three-year DACA extension in exchange for $25 billion in border wall funding, Axios reported on Thursday, citing Congressional sources familiar with the negotiations.

Democrats appeared amenable to the $25 billion figure, but shot down the offer because it provided a pathway to citizenship for only about 700,000 DACA recipients not the full 1.8 million population of young unauthorized immigrants brought to the US as children.

Democrats then suggested exchanging the $25 billion border wall funding for a pathway to citizenship for the 1.8 million immigrants, but the Trump administration turned them down, demanding broader immigration reforms in return for the broader population of Dreamers.

Trump offered citizenship for nearly 2 million.........

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-supports-path-to-citizenship-for-up-to-18-million-dreamers-in-new-white-house-proposal/2018/01/25/fa3f01aa-01e3-11e8-8acf-ad2991367d9d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.716fcee4e72f

Not according to my link. :dunno:

Washington Post isn't a shill for Trump and that's my proof. I remember him offering that. Dems wouldn't accept it because Trump could take credit for it.

Well, I dont know what changed between January (your link) and March (my link). Im guessing the devil is in the details, but all of this information is second hand from unnamed senior officials, so who knows what the truth is anyways.

They shouldnt get citizenship anyways. Send them back and let them fulfill the dreams of their own countries. Would deter future illegals from trying to pull the same BS. Tougher immigration policies would work way better than a dumb wall IMO.

Well, I dont know what changed between January (your link) and March (my link). Im guessing the devil is in the details, but all of this information is second hand from unnamed senior officials, so who knows what the truth is.

They shouldnt get citizenship anyways. Send them back and let them fulfill the dreams of their own countries. Would deter future illegals from trying to pull the same BS. Tougher immigration policies would work way better than a dumb wall IMO.

yours is based on the typical fake news "sources familiar with"

HTH

yours is based on the typical fake news "sources familiar with"

HTH

I dont see that anywhere in the article. Maybe I need to get down on my knees, so I can read at the same eye level as you?

Im seeing where Trump turned down $25B twice essentially.

In one instance, Trump offered the pathway to citizenship for 700k, Dems countered with the 1.8m, Trump countered wanting more people to deport, Dems pulled the offer, Trump then tried to re-offer the Dems offer with different stuff, Dems werent into it.

Then there was a bipartisan bill ready to go for $25B, but the funding would occur over 10 years. Everyone thought they had the votes. But Trump wanted all $25B instantly and started calling out Republicans as being soft and let it be known he wouldnt sign it, so the Republican Senate bailed on it.

Dont know the details, but it I will stick with Trump seemingly doing the art of the deal wrong.

Im seeing where Trump turned down $25B twice essentially.

In one instance, Trump offered the pathway to citizenship for 700k, Dems countered with the 1.8m, Trump countered wanting more people to deport, Dems pulled the offer, Trump then tried to re-offer the Dems offer with different stuff, Dems werent into it.

Then there was a bipartisan bill ready to go for $25B, but the funding would occur over 10 years. Everyone thought they had the votes. But Trump wanted all $25B instantly and started calling out Republicans as being soft and let it be known he wouldnt sign it, so the Republican Senate bailed on it.

Dont know the details, but it I will stick with Trump seemingly doing the art of the deal wrong.

Bassakwards............Dems wanted 700,000 and Trump offered 1.8 million then Dems said No because Trump would get the credit.

I guess you guys are into the Goebbels school of propaganda. Repeat the lie often and it will eventually become the truth.

Bassakwards............Dems wanted 700,000 and Trump offered 1.8 million then Dems said No because Trump would get the credit.

So its your stance that the Dems fought for less people to have a path to citizenship but Trump fought for more??

So its your stance that the Dems fought for less people to have a path to citizenship but Trump fought for more??

:wacko:

I've provided proof (even used the Washington Post so you left leaners couldn't scoff at the link).

Can you find a link proving the Dems were the ones asking for 1.8 million and Trump said 'No'?

I dont see that anywhere in the article. Maybe I need to get down on my knees, so I can read at the same eye level as you?

mobb_deep, on 30 Dec 2018 - 10:43 PM, said:

Yes

https://www.business...ing-bill-2018-3

:dunno:

Another win

I've provided proof (even used the Washington Post so you left leaners couldn't scoff at the link).

Can you find a link proving the Dems were the ones asking for 1.8 million and Trump said 'No'?

Well, I cant see your article, as its behind a paywall. But I read about 5 stories on this last night and what I described above was the pieced together full back and forth (which includes Trump regretting turning down $25B for 1.8m people and desperately trying to reintroduce it once it was no longer available)...Im guessing your article is just on that aspect.

But if all the articles I read are incorrect and if your misunderstanding of the situation is actually correct.....then it would seem Trump turned down $25B for his wall and LESS immigrants because he didnt want the Dems getting credit. :dunno:

Doesn't look like Trump can give in on this.

He is already giving in.

$25B is now $5B.....and A big beautiful concrete wall that just got 10 feet higher across the whole southern border....is now a wall in some places, fence in others, steel slats in others... and in some places nothing, but it will be monitored electronically.

That said, he cant spin it as giving in at all. Whatever comes of it, if anything, will supposedly be what he intended all along.

He is already giving in.

$25B is now $5B.....and A big beautiful concrete wall that just got 10 feet higher across the whole southern border....is now a wall in some places, fence in others, steel slats in others, and in some places nothing but it will be monitored electronically.

That said, he cant spin it as giving in at all. Whatever comes of it, if anything, will supposedly be what he intended all along.

Mexico paying for it is now Mexico paying for it with tariffs, which will immediately be passed along to US consumers. What a joke.

I think you need this thing called leverage, when trying to force someones hand... Why would the dems give him 5 bil to reopen the government that a significant majority of Americans blame him for shutting down? He did say to blame him after all... I dont think he even read the book that whoever ghostwrited for him.

It was an awesome thread. The Trump Love Delusion tards were triggered immediately. :doublethumbsup:

It was awesome that you got caught in another lie.

Mexico paying for it is now Mexico paying for it with tariffs, which will immediately be passed along to US consumers. What a joke.

It was always this, anyone who took him literally is pretty stupid.

It was always this, anyone who took him literally is pretty stupid.

Trump was the only person who believed it.