RLLD

Trump threatens to close 'Southern Border entirely

So riddle me this there sporto. why hasn't any other government including an Administration that literally had 'project wet back' back in the day. Why hasn't any other Administration tried to build a wall? An actual ###### wall. Did we just invent the technology? I mean I know the Chinese are landing on the moon right now. Are we going to steal their technology and now build a wall like they stole our moon technology is that what's going on here?

If a wall is strictly a political stunt that nobody is going to pass strictly from a political standpoint, why hasn't the wall been built fifty, a hundred, two hundred years ago?

oh my God! The deep dark state has been against Trump since before he was even born!

Drugs come from Mexico.

Border security is needed. I think any sane person agrees with this.

Should we revise our immigration policy? I think so, but I'm no expert on the process, so I can't really say.

That being said I don't think a wall is going to really fix the problem. It's purely symbolic.

However pulling troops from other countries, such as Syria and putting them on the border is a great way to pay our men/women to do what they're supposed to do. Protect our country.

That being said I don't think a wall is going to really fix the problem. It's purely symbolic.

However pulling troops from other countries, such as Syria and putting them on the border is a great way to pay our men/women to do what they're supposed to do. Protect our country.

Except for a little thing called posse comitatus.

What does that have to do with birthright citizenship, the subject of your rant? I bet if you went down to the corner of a busy thoroughfare wearing a sandwich board yelling your rants you could fill your cup up with change.

Pssst, AQ got the stinger missiles from Reagan. If it helps.

Speaking of pallets of cash, 12 billion dollars shrink wraps and loaded onto pallets for 31 separate flights into Iraq. Biggest withdrawal from the US Federal reserve in history. And absolutely no accounting for it.

Hth.

Bush's frontman on trying to outlaw funding abortions overseas? Yeah, he got caught up in the prostitution scandal with the Washington madam.

Capn Christian! Lol

you are officially banned from using the term "whataboutism" in a defensive manner.

Do it again and you're going to your room.

Except for a little thing called posse comitatus.

What do you think tonight's PC is for?

National Emergency homie. Troops on the wall, DOD to start building it immediately. Either that or Trump is going to show he real hair.

What do you think tonight's PC is for?

National Emergency homie. Troops on the wall, DOD to start building it immediately. Either that or Trump is going to show he real hair.

A publicity stunt to try and scare people into supporting a wall a majority of Americans do not want, who blame him for closing the government to try and build?

A publicity stunt to try and scare people into supporting a wall a majority of Americans do not want, and blame him for closing the government to try and build?

:doh:

A publicity stunt to try and scare people into supporting a wall a majority of Americans do not want, who blame him for closing the government to try and build?

he was voted in partially because of his stance on border security

It's what America wants

Elections have consequences

he was voted in partially because of his stance on border security

It's what America wants

Elections have consequences

Trump campaigned on Mexico paying for the wall and he lost the popular vote.

Checkmate.

I find it odd that some people that live in this country don't understand the electoral process. Strange.

This is MDC stoopid.

I find it odd that some people that live in this country don't understand the electoral process. Strange.

MDC is a moron. Pay him no mind.

Checkmate.

what do you care what he campaigned on ? You voted for Gary Johnson

what do you care what he campaigned on ? You voted for Gary Johnson

Just refuting your claim that its what people want. ;).

It wont matter anyway. $5b wont pay for a wall and Trump will never get what hes asking for and I doubt he even wants it. Hes just filing the tards up.

Just refuting your claim that its what people want. ;).

It wont matter anyway. $5b wont pay for a wall and Trump will never get what hes asking for and I doubt he even wants it. Hes just filing the tards up.

Americans do want it. Anti Americans like you dont.

Both sides of the aisle have talked about a barrier through numerous administrations. There has never been a huge opposition to it. To pretend like the wall itself is a deal breaker is a joke. Unfortunately for Trump, digging bis heels in has come at the wrong time. Hes getting ready to alienate himself from the working class stiffs that got him elected. Just like Clark Griswold depended on his bonus to buy a pool, lots of working Americans have already spent their tax returns. These folks are like "I support the wall right up to when you get into my pocket".

Checkmate.

Electoral College

Checkmate

Electoral College

Checkmate

That dude is electoral college impaired. In fact the whole left of center is. It's like a disease that happens when they lose.

Electoral College

Checkmate

That has nothing to do with respect to discussions on majority vs. minority. Math doesn't work that way. More of something = Majority. Less of something = Minority. The claim is the majority of Americans do not support the wall and blame Trump for the shutdown, which is a mathematically undisputed fact.

That has nothing to do with respect to discussions on majority vs. minority. Math doesn't work that way. More of something = Majority. Less of something = Minority. The claim is the majority of Americans do not support the wall, which is a mathematical fact.

Trumpers have problems with facts. Facts make them sad and mad.

Trumpers have problems with facts. Facts make them sad and mad.

That's why they invented alternative facts and the fake news boogie man. Got to love the victim mentality of the current GOP and its voter base.

Both sides of the aisle have talked about a barrier through numerous administrations. There has never been a huge opposition to it. To pretend like the wall itself is a deal breaker is a joke. Unfortunately for Trump, digging bis heels in has come at the wrong time. Hes getting ready to alienate himself from the working class stiffs that got him elected. Just like Clark Griswold depended on his bonus to buy a pool, lots of working Americans have already spent their tax returns. These folks are like "I support the wall right up to when you get into my pocket".

was announced yesterday, tax returns will not be affected

Another talking point down the drain :(

• Like 1

Trump had 2 years with Republicans controlling both the Senate and the House. Why did he wait until Democrats gained control of the House to get so desperate to address this "crisis"?

It feels like many of you are being played.

Trump had 2 years with Republicans controlling both the Senate and the House. Why did he wait until Democrats gained control of the House to get so desperate to address this "crisis"?

My theory is that he doesnt even want a wall. Trump is nuts but he isnt dumb. Estimated costs of the wall are $30b or more plus many more for patrol and maintenance, not to mention all the legal hurdles. More than 1,000 people own portions of the border.

Trump wants to say we dont have a wall because Democrats wouldnt find it. His idiot supporters are being played like a fiddle and they will believe anything he tells them.

was announced yesterday, tax returns will not be affected

Another talking point down the drain :(

Seriously? Well thats good. Maybe that will give some more fortitude to support the wall.

Agreed.

5.9 Billion in a Trillion Dollar Federal Budget for Border Security aka "The Wall" is peanuts.

Things in past Federal Budgets:

A total of $3 million has been granted to researchers at the University of California at Irvine so that they can play video games such as World of Warcraft. The goal of this "video game research" is reportedly to study how "emerging forms of communication, including multiplayer computer games

The U.S. Department of Agriculture gave the University of New Hampshire $700,000 this year to study methane gas emissions from dairy cows

Almost unbelievably, the National Institutes of Health was given $800,000 in "stimulus funds" to study the impact of a "genital-washing program" on men in South Africa.

Thats just three that were sort of funny to post. Mind you 42 Billion was spent in 2017 in Foreign Aid.

And we are here sitting here with a straight face saying 5B for border security is somehow absurd.

• Like 1

Let's back up a minute. What is government and taxes?

A group of people, or a group of families live in a community. That community needs some semblance of laws of the land. That society also needs leaders to pull together resources to do things the individual cannot really do themselves. So they all chip in a portion of their assets for the greater good of the community.

Whats the first thing you spend that money (taxpayer funds) on? Common sense here people.....when putting together a "society".

1. First and Foremost, protection of the community aka Defense & Security of the community and its borders.

2. Enforcing the laws and public service aka Police, Fire and EMS.

3. Infrastructure for the community: Roads, Bridges, etc.

That's lthe three things in order a community of people do. That's what you spend money and resources on first.

Has anyone actually looked AT the 2019 Federal Budget and all the shit that's in it? And 5.9 Billion for border security is the linchpin that is holding this up?

Good Grief. Big Picture people. :doh:

• Like 1

A group of people, or a group of families live in a community. That community needs some semblance of laws of the land. That society also needs leaders to pull together resources to do things the individual cannot really do themselves. So they all chip in a portion of their assets for the greater good of the community.

Whats the first thing you spend that money (taxpayer funds) on? Common sense here people.....when putting together a "society".

1. First and Foremost, protection of the community aka Defense & Security of the community and its borders.

That's lthe three things in order a community of people do. That's what you spend money and resources on first.

Has anyone actually looked AT the 2019 Federal Budget and all the shit that's in it? And 5.9 Billion for border security is the linchpin that is holding this up?

but but orange man bad! :cry:

It is more than that. You have to factor in things like promoting the common welfare of the people. This is an overly simplistic view of what a society should be and what a government (and taxes) should promote.

Now, if you want to say that we have bloat in the budget in so many areas that $5b pales in comparison, I won't argue there. We have waste all over the place.

I would argue that spending $5b on portions of a wall (let's not fool ourselves into thinking that $5b gives us a complete wall) is probably not the best use of money. I would also argue that spending $5b on immigration reform is money well spent, though. The debate is what those improvements would look like and holding fast to an actual wall is one of the reasons that some of the Dems are digging in and some Reps are not totally on board.

They have been building the wall since June 2, 2018 and he asked for the current money last year. Guess who is being played