Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Anybody impacted by the shutdown?

I love how the talking heads still try to blame Chuck and Nancy, when Trump said to blame him himself. This is nobodys fault but Trump, and pretty much every poll supports that.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/poll-47-americans-blame-trump-government-shutdown-n952466

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/19/poll-voters-would-blame-trump-gop-for-shutdown-1068673

Etc etc...

blame it on who you want...doesnt change what that pie chart says.

It's all political, democratics dont care about national security or American citizens.

They care about giving trump a loss. That's all.

The pie chart proves it.

Disgusting people.

Yup... great focking question. Our savings only has about 7k... that'll go pretty fast.

Focking OPM really pissed off people in the last couple weeks. They released sample letters... telling us to ask our land lords if we could do chores or cut the grass in lieu of rent. Wtf?! :mad: This a fockin joke to you b!tches?

https://www.fedsmith.com/2018/12/30/opm-says-inadvertently-posted-sample-letters-suggesting-feds-barter-landlords/

That's focking priceless! :lol:

Also, $7K? Cmon man, you should be socking away more than that. :dunno:

• Like 1

Drobs is such a hack that he wont blame Trump for the shutdown even when Trump says you should blame him. Lol.

blame it on who you want...doesnt change what that pie chart says.

It's all political, democratics dont care about national security or American citizens.

They care about giving trump a loss. That's all.

The pie chart proves it.

Disgusting people.

Or they agree with the majority of America that a wall is stupid, ineffective and not even possible at this time, given large parts of the border are on private land. :dunno:

That's focking priceless! :lol:

Also, $7K? Cmon man, you should be socking away more than that. :dunno:

We put about $2500 a month into retirement accounts... somewhere around $350k in those but obviously can't touch them until 50 for me. Though I have a bit over 25k in Roth deposits I suppose I could tap into if I really really had too.. but that really would suck as thats my roth nest egg supposed to grow for the next 20 years.

$2500 mortgage

$1100 private school

Those are the major players...

We put about $2500 a month into retirement accounts... somwhwere somewhere around $350k in those but obviously can't touch them until 50 for me. Though I have a bit over 25k in Roth deposits I suppose I could tap into if I really really had too.. but that really would suck as thats my roth nest egg supposed to grow for the next 20 years.

$2500 mortgage

$1100 private school

Those are the major players...

just curious since you are actually impacted by the shutdown

Where do you place the blame? If you do at all, and how about your colleagues?

just curious since you are actually impacted by the shutdown

Where do you place the blame? If you do at all, and how about your colleagues?

Everyones pissed at them all.. congress and the pres. Just do your focking jobs.. pass a bill to fund what we currently are obligated to fund... like our well established departments and jobs.

We're law enforcement for focks sake. You gonna not pay your cops for political tantrums? Both are to blame...

Run the gov we have... fight your own fight for new sh!t.

Of course they exempt themselves and get paid during this whole thing.

Just like when we get a pay freeze... oh except congress is exempt from the pay freezes.

$2500 mortgage

$1100 private school

Wow. I spend less than half that total per month on everything. Bills, food, gas, everything.

Wow. I spend less than half that total per month on everything. Bills, food, gas, everything.

It's pretty expensive in Portland now.. californians came in and jacked the prices up huuuge in the last 10-15 years.

If we lived in a less expensive part of the country we'd be way better off.

We've been eyeing Texas lately...

It's pretty expensive in Portland now.. californians came in and jacked the prices up huuuge in the last 10-15 years.

If we lived in a less expensive part of the country we'd be way better off.

We've been eyeing Texas lately...

My mortgage is almost twice that. Ive been eyeing Texas too, but my wife grew up there and wants nothing to do with going back. She said shed consider Austin, but doesnt want to go back to Houston or Dallas. Austin really isnt too much cheaper than SoCal. At least not cheap enough that Id leave the beach to save a few bucks for... She also doesnt like helping pay the mortgage though...

• Like 1

Everyones pissed at them all.. congress and the pres. Just do your focking jobs.. pass a bill to fund what we currently are obligated to fund... like our well established departments and jobs.

We're law enforcement for focks sake. You gonna not pay your cops for political tantrums? Both are to blame...

Run the gov we have... fight your own fight for new sh!t.

So if the House and Senate both were to agree on funding that addresses everything and opens the government back up, and they just left the wall issue open to the side to continue debating on separately, that would be a solid plan I think. You agree?

So if the House and Senate both were to agree on funding that addresses everything and opens the government back up, and they just left the wall issue open to the side to continue debating on separately, that would be a solid plan I think. You agree?

If the Dems would set aside the 5B for border security with no mention of a wall, I think everyone could consider it a win.

Yup... and I'm as conservative as they come.. I've always thought holding the gov hostage is a really really stupid thing to do. I don't care who does it.

If the Dems would set aside the 5B for border security with no mention of a wall, I think everyone could consider it a win.

Trump would tweet nonstop about how he owned Pelosi, Schumer, and all Democrats.

So yeah, Ill agree a large part of this is not wanting to give Trump a win. But thats in large part because he makes everything about him winning and others losing. He brought a lot of it on himself.

Yup... and I'm as conservative as they come.. I've always thought holding the gov hostage is a really really stupid thing to do. I don't care who does it.

Then in this instance, you should blame the one person holding the government hostage instead of blaming everyone. The Republican Senate and Democrat House each did their part to open it up.

Mexico is going to pay for it.

Trump would tweet nonstop about how he owned Pelosi, Schumer, and all Democrats.

So yeah, Ill agree a large part of this is not wanting to give Trump a win. But thats in large part because he makes everything about him winning and others losing. He brought a lot of it on himself.

Trump will "win" the twitter war regardless. Pelosi and Schumer think they can outlast Trump on this. They can't. They have to answer to constituents.

Trump will "win" the twitter war regardless. Pelosi and Schumer think they can outlast Trump on this. They can't. They have to answer to constituents.

So do Senate Republicans and Trump. :dunno:

Pelosi,Schumer and Trump are the face of thw shutdown.

Mostly Trump. And Schumer / Pelosi can say theyve been passing spending bills but McConnell wont bring them to a vote.

I wish we where shut down :(

Not really

And that's the debate. You think illegals coming across is good, others don't. Why do you think it's good?

Nobody thinks illegals coming across is good. Dont be a tard.

But why does the left constantly make excuses for them then? I mean, every time someone comes across it's a huge sob story and the left goes bananas on how horrible Trump is.

It's hard for normal people to hear liberals say they don't want illegals coming across but in almost every case they defend those same illegals. Every time. And then you have sanctuary cities. That's going to be hard to explain away.

Help me understand your side.

Then explain sanctuary cities. Corporations that employ them thinks it's good. Landlords that rent to them think it's good. Golf courses and restaurants think it's good. Banks that have mortgages on the landlords House he rents to them thinks it's good. Lots of people think it's good.

Trumps golf course in NJ thinks its good.

How about the one on the moon?

Wow. You called somebody a "tard" again. You are so brilliant in your responses. Really pulling out your whole vocabulary on that one.

But why does the left constantly make excuses for them then? I mean, every time someone comes across it's a huge sob story and the left goes bananas on how horrible Trump is.

It's hard for normal people to hear liberals say they don't want illegals coming across but in almost every case they defend those same illegals. Every time. And then you have sanctuary cities. That's going to be hard to explain away.

Its not my side. My side is illegals should be deported. HTH.

Maybe we should ask the president? He has had many on his payroll.

Ok.

Its not my side. My side is illegals should be deported. HTH.

After they get here. How about we cut down on the amount that do infiltrate? A wall could help in that endeavor

And yet, he still wants the wall.

He should ask Mexico if the check is in the mail.

From what we know, the number if Undocumented immigrants is at a 12 year low. The number of people apprehended trying to cross the border is the lowest its been in about 20 years or so.

Nobody supports illegal immigrants, but its just not the immediate crisis so many have been fooled into believing it is. If we really wanted to stop it, we would go after the employers that hire illegals. That ends the problem. But we dont really want to stop it. Also, a wall wont do much to stop drugs and terrorists and whatnot from getting in, as those entities have better options. Not to mention, their are imminent domain issue with landowners, wildlife will be cut off from water sources and whatnot, and more.

There is other stuff as well