Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

So Bird Box

that movie was one of the dumbest things I have ever watched in my life.

I wish I wore a blindfold thru the whole thing

I read the book and enjoyed it. Not great, but decent. Havent seen the movie yet.

Stopped watching 10 mins in

So this movie is basically a rip-off of A Quiet Place, except you can't look instead of can't make any sounds, right?

The book Bird Box came out four years before A Quiet Place. I thought AQP was a rip-off of Bird Box.

I read the book. It was okay, not great. Movie looks dumb.

The book Bird Box came out four years before A Quiet Place. I thought AQP was a rip-off of Bird Box.

Interesting. Didn't know that.

My daughter wanted me to watch it with her this past weekend. Thought it had potential but I don't even understand what the point was? What was it? It made leaves fly around but what the fock was it? I don't get it. A waste of two hours but I didn't tell her that. Did you like it, dad? Uhh, yeah.

I shut a quiet place off 20 minutes in. That makes it twice as good as Bird Box

The best book I read from that year was The Troop by Nick Cutter. Sort of reminded me of Stephen King writing a cross between Lord of the Flies and an infection / body horror story. It was so gross I winced while reading it a few times. Much better than Bird Box.

My daughter wanted me to watch it with her this past weekend. Thought it had potential but I don't even understand what the point was? What was it? It made leaves fly around but what the fock was it? I don't get it. A waste of two hours but I didn't tell her that. Did you like it, dad? Uhh, yeah.

yah I kept waiting from the smoke monster from Lost, and then it gets to the end and was like oh magic her doctor is there

would be much better, if it was because she was all jacked up in the head, she created this world, her art was odd, and she never left the house, and thought that was her reasoning

yah I kept waiting from the smoke monster from Lost, and then it gets to the end and was like oh magic her doctor is there

would be much better, if it was because she was all jacked up in the head, she created this world, her art was odd, and she never left the house, and thought that was her reasoning

THIS. At least smoke monster had smoke. This just had rustling leaves.

Watched it with my GF. Our experience turned into a Mystery Science Theater episode of our own. That movie was bad, but we entertained ourselves through it.

One thing's for certain, though. Sandra Bullock looks great for a woman on her 50s.

The best book I read from that year was The Troop by Nick Cutter. Sort of reminded me of Stephen King writing a cross between Lord of the Flies and an infection / body horror story. It was so gross I winced while reading it a few times. Much better than Bird Box.

I rarely agree with any of your posts 100%, but this is spot on. The Troop was great and definitely had a King vibe. Far superior to Bird Box.

My wife really liked it. She has very bad taste in movies and TV shows though. I dont have the attention span to watch movies personally. I can do a comedy or a really compelling drama (something like Saving Private Ryan or Fight Club), but I generally fall asleep during movies.

Has anyone seen that Black Mirror movie? Shes trying to get me to watch that one with her.

My wife really liked it. She has very bad taste in movies and TV shows though. I dont have the attention span to watch movies personably. I can do a comedy or a really compelling drama (something like Saving Private Ryan or Fight Club), but I generally fall asleep during movies.

Has anyone seen that Black Mirror movie? Shes trying to get me to watch that one with her.

Bandersnatch? It was a total waste of time. Your wife will love it.

So dumb. I like Black Mirror but this was a miss.

That's a bummer to hear. I was going to check it out since Black Mirror is great and the "interactive" part sounded interesting. Bad plot or too gimmicky?

That's a bummer to hear. I was going to check it out since Black Mirror is great and the "interactive" part sounded interesting. Bad plot or too gimmicky?

Just couldnt get into it. Cool idea, bad execution. Bad plot.

I saw the Black Mirror movie. It was worse than Bird Box. They should be ashamed of themselves for making that. :thumbsdown:

I think shiitflix or whatever was trying to say that 45million people watched it. But that got sniffed out fast.

Man, these are just the salad days for actors. Between Amazon and Netflix and HBO and 36 other platforms spending literally billions of dollars on content per year, is there anybody who wants to act that isnt acting right now?

Peter dinklage brought that up a while ago too. I mean that Union must just be busting with dues collections.

Every crap comedian has his or her own show. Every actress over 50 now has a development deal thanks to me too. And God damn, if you're a black woman over 50? You pretty much own Hollywood. See, shonda rhimes.

3 guaranteed jobs in America right now. Border patrol agent, Congressional investigator, and actor.

Man, these are just the salad days for actors. Between Amazon and Netflix and HBO and 36 other platforms spending literally billions of dollars on content per year, is there anybody who wants to act that isnt acting right now?

Peter dinklage brought that up a while ago too. I mean that Union must just be busting with dues collections.

Every crap comedian has his or her own show. Every actress over 50 now has a development deal thanks to me too. And God damn, if you're a black woman over 50? You pretty much own Hollywood. See, shonda rhimes.

3 guaranteed jobs in America right now. Border patrol agent, Congressional investigator, and actor.

You have to be vetted as an extreme liberal first. And that takes time behind the scenes to prove it.

So this movie is basically a rip-off of A Quiet Place, except you can't look instead of can't make any sounds, right?

That movie was terrible.

I'm not even giving this a try then.

I flipped through a thread on a low budget football forearm, the book and movie look dumb. :dunno:

65/68% on Rottentomatoes

That movie was terrible.

I'm not even giving this a try then.

My mother dragged me to AQP for Mother's day this past year............Omg did it suck - outside of the hot mom, it was terrible.

You have to be vetted as an extreme liberal first. And that takes time behind the scenes to prove it.

just scrolling thru this thread seeing if Bird Box is worth checking out...and here is sderk whining about liberals...again.

just scrolling thru this thread seeing if Bird Box is worth checking out...and here is sderk whining about liberals...again.

Peefoam is the worst poster in years.

My mother dragged me to AQP for Mother's day this past year............Omg did it suck - outside of the hot mom, it was terrible.

Emily Blunt. :wub: