Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Go to relaxation song

Fvcking love it. Thanks DonS

Honorable mention- The Winery Dogs first album was fantastic.

Mike

Billy

Richie Kotzen (sp??)

I need to check out Winery Dogs. I knew Portnoy and Sheehan had worked together previously but had never given it a listen. Thanks for the reminder.

I need to check out Winery Dogs. I knew Portnoy and Sheehan had worked together previously but had never given it a listen. Thanks for the reminder.

Cool.

They have a live in Japan disk too. Also fantastic.

Ever heard of Ayreon? Basically a Dutch guy who puts out albums that are essentially scifi concept albums / rock operas. He does all the guitars and keyboards. For the vocals he enlists different singers for the different roles. Most are from European acts I hadn't heard of before, but there are a few others you're probably familiar with. James Labrie from DT, singers from Symphony X, and Between The Buried and Me are on his latest album. Earlier albums had Fish from Marillion, Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth, Devin Townsend, and even Bruce Dickinson.

It's pretty cheesy, but I like it.

Yes I have,not a lot of them mind you but of the ones I have this would be my favorite

Yes I have,not a lot of them mind you but of the ones I have this would be my favorite

Human Equation is a very good album. My son is the one that introduced me to Ayreon. The albums work great on long road trips.

Richie Kotzen (sp??)

I have to check that out love Richie's solo work,thanks

Human Equation is a very good album. My son is the one that introduced me to Ayreon. The albums work great on long road trips.

I like the previous song you posted that was a first for me :thumbsup:

Here's one more for you from RPWL,really has that Floyd feel.

• Like 1

Fun thread

:thumbsup: I just got $200 in Amazon gift cards Christmas/Birthday,finally finding some new music to buy.

I have to check that out love Richie's solo work,thanks

JFC if you like these you will love first Winery Dogs album (these songs could of been on that album).

Second album was not as good.

Thanks for these songs man !!!!!

• Like 1

You guys should check out Opeth if you haven't already. Interesting band whose early stuff is pretty much straight death metal but then they gradually became more and more progressive. My son turned me on to them since Steven Wilson produced their 2001 album Blackwater Park.

They have an interesting mix of harsh and clean vocals. Harsh vocals at the start of the following song can be a turnoff for some, but stick it out until ~1:00 mark when it switches up:

• Like 1

I have 2 very relaxing, fantastic "go to" albums that I've visited for many years.....

here's another.....

Cool.

They have a live in Japan disk too. Also fantastic.

So I've been checking these guys out and one of the songs on the Live in Japan is from Richie's solo work as well

BOC are great. Tomorrows Harvest is another terrific album.

Sorry BOC is reserved for the original Blue Oyster Cult