Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Dems introduce bill to abolish Electoral College

He is doing it to help reelection chances. There is no chance for this to pass since it would require approval from 75% of the states. The main benefit from the electoral college is that it gives a voice to the many smaller states in the country and prevents a handful of states from determining the election.

No chance those smaller states ever give that power away.

Many politicians introduce bills that will fail for the sole purpose of helping reelection. Voters are dumb and will believe him when he runs and states that he tried to get rid of the electoral college.

The statistics are pretty incredible though right? Like the last X split between one party winning the popular vote in the electoral? Something crazy like that. Cant recall specifically.

Can't blame them. Dems have won the popular vote in every election since 92, with the one exception being in 04. Gore and Hillary would've won in 00/16 if not for the electoral college system.

Can't blame them.

Dems have won the popular vote in every election since 92, with the one exception being in 04. Gore and Hillary would've won in 00/16 if not for the electoral college system.

Yeah, that's how the popular vote works - you get more votes than the other guy you win.

Except, we don't vote that way for POTUS. Never have in the entire history of POTUS elections. Ever. The electoral college was put in place for a reason. I don't think i need to reiterate that reason since it's been listed ad nauseum every time the election losers bring this subject up.

Ya vote, ya tally em up, most votes win, not hard. Never understood why some cockamamie system needs to be in place. I’m sure it makes things better somehow though.

Ya vote, ya tally em up, most votes win, not hard. Never understood why some cockamamie system needs to be in place. Im sure it makes things better somehow though.

Well most people don't like the City of Los Angeles essentially deciding what's best for them. A ton of states are equal to their population.

• Like 1

Ya vote, ya tally em up, most votes win, not hard. Never understood why some cockamamie system needs to be in place. Im sure it makes things better somehow though.

Because idiots tend to gather in groups and dont speak for the rest of the country. You seen the map that shows ALL that red across the US and only some tiny specks of blue? Yea thats why. Founding fathers did it for a reason. Only focking retards would want to change that because they are piss poor losers. Their philosophy: *cant win? Change the rules so that you can*

• Like 1

Because idiots tend to gather in groups and dont speak for the rest of the country. You seen the map that shows ALL that red across the US and only some tiny specks of blue? Yea thats why. Founding fathers did it for a reason. Only focking retards would want to change that because they are piss poor losers. Their philosophy: *cant win? Change the rules so that you can*

Well said. :thumbsup:

Ya vote, ya tally em up, most votes win, not hard. Never understood why some cockamamie system needs to be in place. I’m sure it makes things better somehow though.

C'mon, tanatastic, you're a smart guy. You know exactly why it was put in place. This isn't a secret.

See American History 101

See American History 101

Its anazing how high schoolers have more insight on this than some people here

Its anazing how high schoolers have more insight on this than some people here

Not to mention the president himself. :cheers:

Not to mention the president himself. :cheers:

Cant deny that. However, he seems to be getting more stuff done than our previous president.

Cant deny that. However, he seems to be getting more stuff done than our previous president.

That's in no way related to this thread, but ok.

You seen the map that shows ALL that red across the US and only some tiny specks of blue?

You understand that many of those states are sparsely populated right? The entire state of Idaho has fewer residents than the city of Philadelphia.

Im not really for or against the electoral college but the land mass of red states vs blue states is meaningless.

• Like 1

If you got rid of it and the cities were calling the shots for the rest of the country we wouldn't be the United States for long. Imagine the scum in our inner cities calling the shots? They can't even manage their own lives. We're supposed to let them manage the rest of ours? The state of NY is about to find out what it's like. He freaks and losers have all the power now. We're going to be California east with shitty weather.

The electoral college is critical lest the communist republics of California and NYC dictate our future.

Anyway... to me more important is why do Iowa and NH always go first in the primaries? Why can't we have some sorta Hunger Games competition where we send kids from a bunch of states and the kid who survives has his state go first? Wait, this is brilliant, I should copyright this thing... :ninja:

It should be based on GDP. States on the take should get less influence than states that actually fund the government.

What gives me pause with this crap is when does one of these crazy things actually take?

Noone thought prohibition would pass.

Absolutely no one with the exception of ann Coulter thought trump would be our president and there that dumb fock is today.

Dont discount this crap. The electorate is getting dumber by the day and is easily influenced. People need to be TOLD to not do bird box challenges and eat tide pods. Take these silly proposals, get some $$ behind it, sprinkle some celebrity endorsements and garnish with a promise of entitlements if it passes? That's a whole lot of fuel in america

The United States is just California, New York and then a bunch of people in the middle planning to move there or wishing they lived in either one of those.

Fine, Texas is a thing too.

• Like 1

The United States is just California, New York and then a bunch of people in the middle planning to move there or wishing they lived in either one of those.

Florida. Old people. Old people vote.

Nope. Especially now, no one wants to go to those liberal states. Not even the liberals. Why do you think they are leaving those places and moving to others?

Is there any other government that has anything like the electoral college? If not, why the do we need it? Just saying, why are we so freaking different?

Okay, T, now you're just talking out of your @ss. No one wants to move to those f@cking states. in fact, NY is #4 on the "moving out of" list of States.

Nope. Especially now, no one wants to go to those liberal states. Not even the liberals. Why do you think they are leaving those places and moving to others?

Global warming.

Is there any other government that has anything like the electoral college? If not, why the ###### do we need it? Just saying, why are we so freaking different?

C'mon, man. you know why we need it. It's been explained 1 bazillion times in here.

C'mon, man. you know why we need it. It's been explained 1 bazillion times in here.

No, it's an honest question. are we somehow vastly different from the rest of the population? Are we somehow critically retarded? It's a vote for Christ's sake. They've been doing it since caveman days. If you look at the British system, which must have you guys haven't bothered to educate yourself on. They do it right. We do just about every aspect of it wrong. maybe after the craptastic results we keep getting and the controversy and bitterness that comes from every single election for the last 20 years? Maybe we start looking around and saying cheesy, what are we doing wrong? What can we learn from other people?

tell you what, citizens united was a dumbest piece of jurisprudence in a long time. But then again, most of you don't even know what that is.

Jesus, the iraqis of all people have big wells of blue ink that you stick your thumb in when you vote. We spent about a trillion dollars and still can't get it right.

• Like 1

No, it's an honest question. are we somehow vastly different from the rest of the population? Are we somehow critically retarded? It's a vote for Christ's sake. They've been doing it since caveman days. If you look at the British system, which must have you guys haven't bothered to educate yourself on. They do it right. We do just about every aspect of it wrong. maybe after the craptastic results we keep getting and the controversy and bitterness that comes from every single ###### election for the last 20 years? Maybe we start looking around and saying cheesy, what are we doing wrong? What can we learn from other people?

tell you what, citizens united was a dumbest piece of jurisprudence in a long ###### time. But then again, most of you don't even know what that is.

Jesus, the ###### araki's of all people have big wheels and blue ain't that you stick your thumb in when you vote. We spent about a trillion dollars and still can't get it right.

Well, we did fight a war to NOT be like Brits, but you are correct, I have no idea how the Brits do it. Not sure I really care, though, because the Electoral College is a protection against the larger states controlling/dictating who runs the country.

Maybe you could summarize how the Brits do it?

If you got rid of it and the cities were calling the shots for the rest of the country we wouldn't be the United States for long. Imagine the scum in our inner cities calling the shots? They can't even manage their own lives. We're supposed to let them manage the rest of ours? The state of NY is about to find out what it's like. He freaks and losers have all the power now. We're going to be California east with shitty weather.

Hunger Games

I think the electoral college is good. But I also think if Trump lost the election but won the popular vote that he would be saying abolish it and everyone here would be agreeing. It’s whatever suits the people in the moment, especially here.

I think the electoral college is good. But I also think if Trump lost the election but won the popular vote that he would be saying abolish it and everyone here would be agreeing. It’s whatever suits the people in the moment, especially here.

I would NEVER say that. Ever.

You could not be more wrong.

You could not be more wrong.

Dont think so. If he won the popular vote but lost the election, there would be a huge outcry of foul (similar to how the dems were bent about Hilarys popular vote). You would be calling it a huge failure of the system that needs to be changed (not abolished, but changed). I can practically guarantee this.

Yeah, that's how the popular vote works - you get more votes than the other guy you win.

Except, we don't vote that way for POTUS. Never have in the entire history of POTUS elections. Ever. The electoral college was put in place for a reason. I don't think i need to reiterate that reason since it's been listed ad nauseum every time the election losers bring this subject up.

You aren't going to reiterate it because you have no idea what those reasons were...

but just to help you out, the biggest reason was the founding fathers were afraid a stupid population could be manipulated by a demagogue spouting easy populist ideas... God could you imagine if that happened! :shocking:

It's an archaic system, it's design is no longer relevant since the electors are almost all entirely bound by the states results in a winner take all system that gives an inordinate amount of value to the least populated states.

It is sad how many people just subscribe to the notion that since we always done things one way, that's the only way to do them.

It should be based on GDP. States on the take should get less influence than states that actually fund the government.

So North Dakota is now worth 40?

You aren't going to reiterate it because you have no idea what those reasons were...

but just to help you out, the biggest reason was the founding fathers were afraid a stupid population could be manipulated by a demagogue spouting easy populist ideas... God could you imagine if that happened! :shocking:

F@ck off, limp d1ck.

That was ONE of the reasons, not the only reason. The other reason was to protect the smaller states, like I and others mentioned previously.