Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Is there a movie you took forever to see

Something out there, for one reason or another, you just never watched it.

Then 20 years later you were bored and threw it on. And it wasn't half bad.

Just watched The Jackal with Bruce Willis. It was pretty darn good. No idea why it took me so long.

Godfather. Didnt live up to the hype.

Saw this for the first time within the past 10 years.

Its great.

I'm actually in the middle of watching blue velvet for the first time, not watching in one sitting. Man that first scene with Dennis Hopper is pretty focked up

I'm actually in the middle of watching blue velvet for the first time, not watching in one sitting. Man that first scene with Dennis Hopper is pretty focked up

Great movie. 👍🏻

I don't watch many movies but I have never seen The Godfather. I have had the trilogy in my cart on Amazon for months now. Waiting for the price to go down further I guess.

Not even a top 10 crime movie and people used to talk like it was the best ever.

Best ever is subjective but its among the best crime movies Ive ever seen. :dunno:

Saw Casablanca on a plane years ago. It was fantastic. Probably would never have seen it otherwise.

Still havent watched any of the Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Alien or The Godfather.

Where should I start?

Something out there, for one reason or another, you just never watched it.

Then 20 years later you were bored and threw it on. And it wasn't half bad.

Just watched The Jackal with Bruce Willis. It was pretty darn good. No idea why it took me so long.

If I ever see that movie on, I'll always watched to see Jack Black get wasted---cracks me up.

This thread is going to get real long when Posty starts telling us all the movies he hasn't seen.

Not really, hell just say anything outside of the dead baby trilogy

Ive never seen any of the LOTR movies. Probably never will. Never seen Avatard either.

OMG. Wow! Just amazing input from mobb again. I don't know how mobb keeps doing it.

Still havent watched any of the Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Alien or The Godfather.

Where should I start?

All right, I'm a total movie geek, have a massive collection of movies...so without knowing your specific tastes, I would suggest Raiders of the Lost Arc. The style of the movie is a throwback to the action movies, and it was by Lucas/Speilberg who loved those movies. IMO, of the ones you listed that's the one that holsa up the best today.

The others are all classics, but in one way or another will feel a bit dated(pacing, technology, design).

All right, I'm a total movie geek, have a massive collection of movies...so without knowing your specific tastes, I would suggest Raiders of the Lost Arc. The style of the movie is a throwback to the action movies, and it was by Lucas/Speilberg who loved those movies. IMO, of the ones you listed that's the one that plays the best today.

The others are all classics, but in one way or another will feel a bit dated.

Agreed. Raiders is the best of that lot

Same with gone with the wind. And absolutely zero interest in changing that condition.

I hate that whole era.

I waited 70 years after Casablanca came out to see it.

And....?

And....?

It was okay/good, I wouldn't put it as high on the 'classic' list like most movie buffs do. I ldo ike a lot of movies of that era---Double Indemnity, Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep all more, but I like the film noir/detective genre a lot.

It was okay/good, I wouldn't put it as high on the 'classic' list like most movie buffs do. I ldo ike a lot of movies of that era---Double Indemnity, Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep all more, but I like the film noir/detective genre a lot.

I've yet to see citizen Kane. If you have, where would you put that? Worth it? Anyone else who's seen it have an opinion? I keep saying I'm going to, always get distracted by Always Sunny or something like that.

Six years isn't forever but finally got around to seeing Argo the other night,glad I finally did.

Six years isn't forever but finally got around to seeing Argo the other night,glad I finally did.

Love that movie. Alan Arkin is great. Even A-hole Affleck was good.

Great movie :thumbsup:

And please stop saying The Godfather isnt good, youre the same people who put the focking milk in before the cereal :rolleyes:

Same with gone with the wind. And absolutely zero interest in changing that condition.

I hate that whole era.

The continuous background music behind the dialogue was so distracting. I just couldnt take it.

I've yet to see citizen Kane. If you have, where would you put that? Worth it? Anyone else who's seen it have an opinion? I keep saying I'm going to, always get distracted by Always Sunny or something like that.

Its good because like Casablanca, the story is good. Id put the two on about the same level.

Neither look all that great compared to anything made after 1968 or so.

But they both stand up ok next to later black and white movies like Streetcar Named Desire, The Hustler and To Kill a Mockingbird.

And please stop saying The Godfather isnt good, youre the same people who put the focking milk in before the cereal :rolleyes:

Amen.

Again, I have to preface this with I'm a movie buff---so from my perspective it's absolutely worth seeing. It's was such a masterpiece, groundbreaking in so many ways. That being said, it's a slow movie, and while not a bad story, it's nothing you haven't seen before.

If you really love movies and cinemas, sit down and watch it sometime, it you are just a casual film fan--watch some of the others I mentioned, or watch some of Hitchcock's films, Vertigo, Rear Window or North by Northwest, all are more entertaining, IMO.

Best ever is subjective but its among the best crime movies Ive ever seen. :dunno:

Yeah. 1 and 2 really are amazing.

Its good because like Casablanca, the story is good. Id put the two on about the same level.

Neither look all that great compared to anything made after 1968 or so.

But they both stand up ok next to later black and white movies like Streetcar Named Desire, The Hustler and To Kill a Mockingbird.

I find Cane to be brilliant for a technological standpoint, mostly due to Greg Toland's cinematography, and Wells willingness to experiment(non-linear story, first ever montage sequences), but at times it's way heavy handed.

• Like 1

Get him to the Greek. Not 20 years later but I remember thinking that it would be a terrible movie when it came out. Took me a few years to see it. I have rarely laughed as hard.

Get him to the Greek. Not 20 years later but I remember thinking that it would be a terrible movie when it came out. Took me a few years to see it. I have rarely laughed as hard.

That movie is funny as hell. Rose Byrne is smoking hot too. That ausi accent. :wub: