Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Your team is out -- which team are you rooting for?

Which team are you rooting for if your favorite team missed the playoffs or were eliminated?

As a long suffering Bills fan I am pulling for the Frank Reich coached Indianapolis Colts. Would love to see Reich get a ring.

I was in attendance at Rich Stadium when Reich led the Bills to the greatest comeback in NFL history. What a memory.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/biggest-comeback-nfl-history-buffalo-bills-houston-oilers

I cheer for whoever is playing new England. Everyone else I'm pretty indifferent towards. Cowboys and Eagles seem to have a high percentage of annoying fans, but I don't have much against the teams.

• Like 1

Rooting for Rivers to win a Super Bowl.

Would like to see both the Colts and Chargers win in the afc.

And Saints and Rams both win in the nfc.

Even though Foles beat the Bears, I am rooting for him to win. He is a great dude from all accounts, and I would love to see Foles continue to make the haters eat their words

Rams-Chiefs Redux for the 'Ship would certainly pique my interest

Rams/Chiefs on paper makes the best game but I don't know if those teams will be peaking as they were earlier in the season.

To be honest, I think there are intriguing aspects to EVERY team still alive and expect we'll get a great game. A Rams/Chiefs shoot-out? Brees/Brady makes a great story line. Andrew Luck comeback player of the year? The Chargers win one? Eagles/Foles repeat? The return of America's team?

OK, maybe not the Cowboys. :nono:

Colts- I like the job Frank Reich has done there.

Chargers - I'd like to see Rivers get a ring.

Saints - I like Payton as a coach, and both Brees & Thomas.

Eagles - I think it would be interesting as all hell, to see what the media and fans would say if Foles wins, and then Phily doesn't want to keep him. That would make for fun off season drama.

I cheer for whoever is playing new England. Everyone else I'm pretty indifferent towards. Cowboys and Eagles seem to have a high percentage of annoying fans, but I don't have much against the teams.

Yep - Im standing by my rule - if the Pats make the SB Im not watching it. Especially if they "cheese" their way there via some flukey BS call or whatever nonsense. No big deal, plenty of other things to do that day. Then, if the Pats lose the SB Ill watch the highlights later that night or the next day. All good.

Id like to see The Chargers and Saints play. If not, The Chiefs and Eagles.

As a Steelers fan, the hole in my heart was partially filled with the Ravens going out last week. The the remaining emptiness can only be nearly-filled (never completely filled) by a Patriots loss AND a Cowboys loss. If pressed, my rooting order would be as follows:

1. Chargers - Rivers is overdue
  2. Saints - My favorite NFC team
  3. Colts - Luck's comeback is unbelievable
  4. Chiefs - Not ready to have Mahomes be annointed, but Reid might deserve one
  5. Rams - Meh
  6. Philly - Already lucked into one, history better not repeat.
  7. intentionally left blank
  8. intentionally left blank
  9. intentionally left blank
  10. intentionally left blank
  11. you get the picture...
  12. Cowboys or Pats

As a Steelers fan, the hole in my heart was partially filled with the Ravens going out last week. The the remaining emptiness can only be nearly-filled (never completely filled) by a Patriots loss AND a Cowboys loss. If pressed, my rooting order would be as follows:

• Chargers - Rivers is overdue
  • Saints - My favorite NFC team
  • Colts - Luck's comeback is unbelievable
  • Chiefs - Not ready to have Mahomes be annointed, but Reid might deserve one
  • Rams - Meh
  • Philly - Already lucked into one, history better not repeat.
  • intentionally left blank
  • you get the picture...
  • Cowboys or Pats
How did Philly "luck" into that SB win last year? What game did you watch? They stuck it right in NE's . They played to win and they won the game 100% on their own accord. One could argue that NE lucked their way into their last 2 SB wins due to horrible play calling by their oppnents. The pick at the 1 yard line against Seattle was gift-wrapped and quite lucky. As for the Falcons game? Behind every great comeback is an even greater collapse/choke. A few first downs with some basic clock management and Atlanta wins that game. Kind of lucky for NE...right? ;)

Colts: I'm just a huge fan of Luck and he helped me win two fantasy titles this season. So many doubters this year. I remember after Week 3 he was getting dropped like crazy and everyone claimed he had a noodle arm and his career would never be the same. Then he posted nearly 500 yards the following week and went on an insane run. Comeback player of the year for sure. Love his attitude, his style and his neckbeard. Other than Luck, I like the makeup of this team and coaching staff and would love to see them go on a run.

Chiefs: Feel bad for the fans of KC and Andy Reid and if they get past the Colts I'll be pulling for them. They are fun to watch.

Chargers: Rivers has had a stellar career and deserves a SB.

Eagles: Not really pulling for them as they already had their moment last year but what a story (and controversy) it would be if Foles goes on yet another magical run.