Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Pelosi, Schumer say Democrats should get 'equal airtime' after Trump address

Can the left just please shut up for a few minutes? I guess not.

"Democratic leaders on Monday night called for equal airtime in response to President Donald Trump's primetime address to the nation on southern border security scheduled for Tuesday evening.

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., argued that since Trump's speech will be broadcast, the other side of the aisle should have their fair share of broadcast time, too."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pelosi-schumer-say-democrats-should-get-equal-airtime-after-trump-address/ar-BBRX0n0?li=BBnb7Kz

Jeez. Pelosi can't even spell her own fvcking name but she wants airtime to stutter her way through another meaningless rant.

I say put them all on at the same time and listen to Trump tear them apart. :thumbsup:

Seems like they are accusing the media of being bias, irony.....

Only if Pelosi is the one doing the talking. She's a dummy

The network's struggled with this. And I don't blame them. The dude spends all day everyday calling them fake news and liars. He refuses to provide any availability for any network that isn't Fox. Now he's begging for their airtime.

the network's knew that if they told him to off, he'd scream & shout victim. But if they do give them their time, he could just spell more and more absolutely provable lies. "4000 terrorists rushing our Southern border!" So, damned if you do...

If I were a network executive? I'd give him his precious every time. On the way. Arritt at the time of my choosing. And allow my fact-checkers to go through his speech first. Every time Trump lied, break-in and explain why. And just say, " in the interest of responsible journalism, we can't just allow anybody to come out and say whatever they want..."

Trump gets his air time, his free infomercial, and the fake news gets to fact check the guy before his fake facts hit the airwaves.

The leftists media cannot get enough of Trump, he is all they ever talk about. For the Dem's to imply that they want "equal" time is just plain funny.

The media is dead set (aside from Fox) to make Trump their target every hour of every day. I get why, but the Dem's need to not pretend there is some bias against them....

Amy?

The network's struggled with this. And I don't blame them. The dude spends all day everyday calling them fake news and liars. He refuses to provide any availability for any network that isn't Fox. Now he's begging for their airtime.

the network's knew that if they told him to ###### off, he'd scream & shout victim. But if they do give them their time, he could just spell more and more absolutely provable lies. "4000 terrorists rushing our Southern border!" So, damned if you do...

If I were a network executive? I'd give him his precious every time. On the way. Arritt at the time of my choosing. And allow my fact-checkers to go through his speech first. Every time Trump lied, break-in and explain why. And just say, " in the interest of responsible journalism, we can't just allow anybody to come out and say whatever they want..."

Trump gets his air time, his free infomercial, and the fake news gets to fact check the guy before his fake facts hit the airwaves.

Who is going to fact check the fact checkers? Your line of thinking should scare everyone.

The leftists media cannot get enough of Trump, he is all they ever talk about. For the Dem's to imply that they want "equal" time is just plain funny.

The media is dead set (aside from Fox) to make Trump their target every hour of every day. I get why, but the Dem's need to not pretend there is some bias against them....

Its almost like the things the POTUS says and does are newsworthy.

Only is so far as the presidents actions are farcical and dumb, but hey it was this ploy that helped to get him elected so they DID actually help their ratings in a way....though I it is clear that they are pretty frustrated they could not sway the election.

Only is so far as the presidents actions are farcical and dumb, but hey it was this ploy that helped to get him elected so they DID actually help their ratings in a way....though I it is clear that they are pretty frustrated they could not sway the election.

Trump is manna from heaven for the networks. Its not every day you get a president bickering with the horsefaced hooker he focked without a condom on Twitter. The media must love him.

Who is going to fact check the fact checkers? Your line of thinking should scare everyone.

Most of the lies he will tell tonight have been debunked by his own DHS actually.

Hopefully they just put up graphics below his speech correcting his lies.

Like the time CNN had a special report about him getting two scoops of ice crea. And everyone else getting one.

• Like 1

Like the time CNN had a special report about him getting two scoops of ice crea. And everyone else getting one.

Its funny because hes immature and childlike.

It's been proven over and over again the "fact checkers" are politically bias. It's laughable how much people trust them.

Most of the lies he will tell tonight have been debunked by his own DHS actually.

Hopefully they just put up graphics below his speech correcting his lies.

Its not what's what's true and what is a lie. Its about the massive loss of trust in America. People don't know who to trust anymore. People trying to shout that sources x, y, and z are credible and that is the end of the story do not understand what has happened to this country.

It's been proven over and over again the "fact checkers" are politically bias. It's laughable how much people trust them.

You literally cant trust anybody anymore except Trump, Breitbart, Conservative Treehouse and Q Anon. If a source tells me things I dont like you cant trust them. How can I trust anyone who makes me sad?

Maybe they want equal time to tell us when they are finally going to impeach Trump. I mean hell, it's only been two years of ranting and rhetoric.

Trump is manna from heaven for the networks. Its not every day you get a president bickering with the horsefaced hooker he focked without a condom on Twitter. The media must love him.

It's a love/hate thing, I do think that must be the case.....but mostly hate....

In Trump you have a guy they went after pretty strongly during the election, but who beat them, and that was something they took serious offense to. The mere idea of a person that they cannot destroy I think is pretty frightening to the media.

But then again, rating were fantastic, and so they doubled-down, figuring they could harvest the ratings, and eventually destroy him....but he seems to be impervious to their every-maneuver. I think of Apollo Creed's manager in Rocky 2, Duke to the media........."He's all wrong for us, baby. I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man kept coming after you. Now, we don't need that kinda man like that in our lives. I know what you're feelin'. Let it go! Let it go! You're the champ."

And when he came after them, and got away with it I think they were like '''hellll nahhhhhh", no way can we allow this little b!tch to exist, and now they are all in on taking him down. They cannot have a politician stand up to them.

We now interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you a special propaganda speech by the grand wizard of the really White House.

• Like 1

It's a love/hate thing, I do think that must be the case.....but mostly hate....

In Trump you have a guy they went after pretty strongly during the election, but who beat them, and that was something they took serious offense to. The mere idea of a person that they cannot destroy I think is pretty frightening to the media.

But then again, rating were fantastic, and so they doubled-down, figuring they could harvest the ratings, and eventually destroy him....but he seems to be impervious to their every-maneuver. I think of Apollo Creed's manager in Rocky 2, Duke to the media........."He's all wrong for us, baby. I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man kept coming after you. Now, we don't need that kinda man like that in our lives. I know what you're feelin'. Let it go! Let it go! You're the champ."

And when he came after them, and got away with it I think they were like '''hellll nahhhhhh", no way can we allow this little b!tch to exist, and now they are all in on taking him down. They cannot have a politician stand up to them.

Im not sure how the media is supposed to respond to Trump. The man is a bald faced hypocrite, liar and bigot who acts like a menstrual preteenager. Its probably a lot like pretending a window licking retard is totally normal.

Im not sure how the media is supposed to respond to Trump. The man is a bald faced hypocrite, liar and bigot who acts like a menstrual preteenager. Its probably a lot like pretending a window licking retard is totally normal.

Their supposed to respond by being unbiased in their reporting, which they are clearly not.

Its not what's what's true and what is a lie. Its about the massive loss of trust in America. People don't know who to trust anymore. People trying to shout that sources x, y, and z are credible and that is the end of the story do not understand what has happened to this country.

Obama happened. Sad but true. :mellow:

Their supposed to respond by being unbiased in their reporting, which they are clearly not.

Trump is a compulsive liar, a bigot and a toddler. It would be biased to present him as a sane adult male.

Trump is a compulsive liar, a bigot and a toddler. It would be biased to present him as a sane adult male.

Benghazi.

Thats only an opinion. They need to stick to unbiased reporting. It's not a difficult concept. Try taking your emotion and hysteria out of your assessments and you'll see.

Thats only an opinion

Everything is a matter of opinion to Trumpers. Facts dont matter only feelings. :thumbsup:

Thats only an opinion. They need to stick to unbiased reporting. It's not a difficult concept. Try taking your emotion and hysteria out of your assessments and you'll see.

You may as well be saying that to Pelosi. Aint gonna happen.

Its funny because hes immature and childlike.

And the irony meter explodes....
  • Like 1

You are correct. Now imagine their frustration. They are doing what they do, but its not delivering the normal results. Typically they could take a guy like this down no problem. But here he is defying everything they try. It must be party annoying, partly frightening and all around maddening. In fact, they seem to almost be empowering him.

Several major networks will air the Democratic response:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/major-networks-will-carry-democratic-response-trump-immigration-speech-n956051?cid=public-rss_20190108

I will be interested to hear the rebuttal to Trumps excuses and lies. :thumbsup:

What....wash, rinse, repeat? Sure, that has been really effective thus far.....

What....wash, rinse, repeat? Sure, that has been really effective thus far.....

I hope they remind the public that Trump rejected the $1.6b he initially asked for, refused to discuss other more effective forms of border security, and that he lied about Mexico paying for it.

Probably worth mentioning Trumps long history of hiring illegals and bringing in foreign workers too. :thumbsup:

I hope they remind the public that Trump rejected the $1.6b he initially asked for, refused to discuss other more effective forms of border security, and that he lied about Mexico paying for it.

Probably worth mentioning Trumps long history of hiring illegals and bringing in foreign workers too. :thumbsup:

I hope they do all that, and have fun, but if I had my way I would encourage them to avoid doing the same tired sh!t since it clearly is not effective. Call him outon his lies of course, but then move the fock on and get something accomplished.

I hope they do all that, and have fun, but if I had my way I would encourage them to avoid doing the same tired sh!t since it clearly is not effective. Call him outon his lies of course, but then move the fock on and get something accomplished.

Ive been saying for a while now that the Dems have a great opportunity to carve out a sane stance on immigration reform since the GOP policy seems to be racism and grandstanding while doing nothing. :thumbsup: