Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Cardinals set to hire Kliff Kinsbury as head coach

The league is falling all over themselves in an attempt to find the next Sean McVay.

From the Arizona Republic...

Kliff Kingsbury, who met with AZCardinals President Michael Bidwill and General Manager Steve Keim thoughout the morning on Tuesday after interviewing with the Jets on Monday, is finalizing a deal to become Arizona's head coach.

Thank mahomes for that

• Like 1

That’s is a very interesting situation.

move Christian Kirk up to round 5, and David Johnson back into round

It will be an interesting experiment. Is Cliff going to call the plays? I would imagine so because you don't hire him because of his skill putting together a staff and delegating.

Is he going to run a 1:1 version of the air raid? Real interesting. In the air raid you come to the line 100% of the time in a pass play. The QB would audible into a run or RPO if the defense was showing something. This was in the B12 where they don't play D. The OL splits are ultra wide. In the NFL you have lineman that have the speed and quickness to exploit the gap. Rosen isn't the athlete that can be a threat to run in a RPO.

In the B12 the defenses are pretty bad from top to bottom. In the NFL can the air raid take advantage of a match up against a team that has a strong pass D but is soft against the run? I don't think so. Can it operate well in the red zone with less space to cover and superior NFL defensive athletes? I don't think so.

So with all those weaknesses you might say that Cliff is going to come in with some sort of off shoot that he has never run before. It won't be the air raid. Well his one and only special quality is that offense. If AZ isn't going to bring him in to try that then why bring him in?

I like the hire given the state of the Cardinals. They were 3-13, it can't get much worse, swing for the fence. The roster will be overhauled this off season and has roughly $70 million in free space. The offense can be molded to fit Kinsbury's offensive style and he has solid reputation working with and developing young QBs. I believe coaches are making a lot of

I don’t disagree, if his coaching style works in the NFL.

I think the next two season will be interesting.

They should be better then a three win season next season.

But four wins still isn’t good.

And that’s where I can see them being at, four wins at best.

Thank mahomes for that

...and Johnny Football!

move Christian Kirk up to round 5, and David Johnson back into round 1

...unfortunately, they still have Rosen. He is not good. They should make a play for Foles.

I liked Rosen the most of this years rookie qb class. Fix that oline and he'll surprise

I like Mayfield as a future superstar more, but Rosen should grow.

I would probably be willing to trade Nagy for Kingsbury. Nagy was able to coach the offense to 15 effing points, and he gave Tarik Cohen the same amount of carries as Ben Braunecker in a playoff game. Cohen averages 4.5 ypc and over 10 ypr, and yet he only touches the ball 4 times in a playoff game?? Are you effing kidding me? I have a special disdain for coaching that uses its best players as decoys, and calls a game more not to lose than destroy the opponent.

I want a coach who wants to run the score up 80 to 7. Absolute dominance. Nagy will never be that guy most likely. The Bears lost their best coach, the reason they were division winners. Now that more of the pressure is on Nagy, I bet we spend many games frustrated wondering why Nagy doesn't push the offense more.

not shocking how terrible that article is. Guy hasn't been a college coach very long. He's "found" Keenum, Mayfield, Mahomes, and Manziel. 3 guys that start in the NFL (and one talented retard) and he was a part of all of them. I mean honestly it's a bold move by Arizona, but they have a young QB that needs to be molded. Why not give him a shot.

His defense at Tech was terrible. Literally some of the worse defenses I've ever seen in the big 12, and that's saying a lot. He never struggled to put up points. This year his D was better, but he had 4 different quarterbacks throughout the season. If he had consistency, no doubt he wins at least 8-9 games this year and finishes in the top 25.

I will say his players always lack discipline. I'll be curious to see how this plays out on the NFL level.

• Like 1

not shocking how terrible that article is. Guy hasn't been a college coach very long. He's "found" Keenum, Mayfield, Mahomes, and Manziel. 3 guys that start in the NFL (and one talented retard) and he was a part of all of them. I mean honestly it's a bold move by Arizona, but they have a young QB that needs to be molded. Why not give him a shot.

His defense at Tech was terrible. Literally some of the worse defenses I've ever seen in the big 12, and that's saying a lot. He never struggled to put up points. This year his D was better, but he had 4 different quarterbacks throughout the season. If he had consistency, no doubt he wins at least 8-9 games this year and finishes in the top 25.

I will say his players always lack discipline. I'll be curious to see how this plays out on the NFL level.

Defense doesn't matter for him. All he needs is to hire a good DC. I'm sure its harder for Texas Tech to recruit the best defensive talent with their history.

This is a great take right up to the defensive argument. He's not a defensive guy and has said as much. His college offenses have been worthy of note though. Pair him with a legit DC and there's hope for a hot as$ LA Rams type quick turnaround for the cards.

They've got maybe 1 or possibly 2 years left with Fitz. DJ is in his prime and healthy. Both players will do well if the oline and QB can be melded. That line is most of their trouble.