Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

What credit card are you using?

For the past 15 years I've been using a Cabela's Credit card. I earn points that I can redeem at Cabela's and Bass Pro shops. Currently have over $300 worth of free shiot I can get but I'm having a hard time finding anything I want.

Looking to get something different, maybe just straight cash back but I'm not sure about Discover Cards. Traveling isn't high on my list right (two kids in high school) now so airline miles are not a big deal for me.

Which cards have great benefits?

I think someone had another thread on this recently. Might to do a search as it was in the last week.

I have AMEX Blue Preferred Cash. I get some good cash back benefits, but it does have an annual fee of $95.

I haven't looked into it in years. I use Chase Freedom as my primary card. I think it's 1% cash back on everything. 5% cash back at certain places/products, which changes quarterly. 1 quarter a year includes gas.

I think someone had another thread on this recently. Might to do a search as it was in the last week.

I have AMEX Blue Preferred Cash. I get some good cash back benefits, but it does have an annual fee of $95.

I missed that one. Thanks.

I have a Discover card that pays back pretty well and and Amex Blue....... But I rarely use them so I'm prolly not maximizing my rewards. I put about $100 a month on each, then pay it right off.

I have a Discover card that pays back pretty well and and Amex Blue....... But I rarely use them so I'm prolly not maximizing my rewards. I put about $100 a month on each, then pay it right off.

I run damn near everything I can through my CC each month. I'm spending the money anyhow so I figure I may as well get a small return on it. Paying it off each month on time is key.

The Amazon Visa is good as long as you don't carry a balance. https://www.amazon.com/iss/credit/rewardscardmember/ref=NATP70/ref=s9n_acss_bw_cg_NAAPEC7_1b1_w?_encoding=UTF8&flavor=NATP70&plattr=NATP70&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=19TDKR6GNHGSA23RZXD7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=90be1898-1e6c-444c-85b2-39e175502e19&pf_rd_i=1266766011

5% off Amazon/Whole Foods

2% Restaurants/Gas Stations

1% Everything else

$70 Amazon gift card once approved

eta: Looks like you need to be Prime member.

I run damn near everything I can through my CC each month. I'm spending the money anyhow so I figure I may as well get a small return on it. Paying it off each month on time is key.

This is what the wife and I have always done. Costco Citibank Visa card for us.

The Amazon Visa is good as long as you don't carry a balance. https://www.amazon.com/iss/credit/rewardscardmember/ref=NATP70/ref=s9n_acss_bw_cg_NAAPEC7_1b1_w?_encoding=UTF8&flavor=NATP70&plattr=NATP70&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=19TDKR6GNHGSA23RZXD7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=90be1898-1e6c-444c-85b2-39e175502e19&pf_rd_i=1266766011

1% Everything else

I've considered this one before. Didn't realize the Amazon disc. was as high as 5%

My credit union has a rewards card. I earn rewards points that can be redeemed for merchandise, events, and/or trips. I tend to use them for hotel rooms when we travel. I don't care that much about the rewards. it's a nice bonus. The real "reward" is that I don't have any financial ties to a typical bank. Even my mortgage is held by my credit union. Banks are the debbil and I avoid them at all cost.

Amex for work. Citi card double cash card for personal. 1% cash back for anything you buy, and 1% cash back for paying them off. Love the card. No fees, great customer service, etc...

I've considered this one before. Didn't realize the Amazon disc. was as high as 5%

Shiot, I hadn't known that either. Need to look into that. Bezos needs my money with the divorce and all, maybe I'll help a brother out by spending even more there. :D

Shiot, I hadn't known that either. Need to look into that. Bezos needs my money with the divorce and all, maybe I'll help a brother out by spending even more there. :D

Between the wife and I, we spend way too much there. They make it so easy.

Between the wife and I, we spend way too much there. They make it so easy.

I know right?! My daughter came into my office this morning looking in my closet for a blank spiral notebook for school, no luck.

Me: "Bummer, I went to Staples for printer ink last weekend and thought you might need a notebook, but you were out of town. You can go get one... or order one on Amazon."

Her: "I'll just order one from Amazon. I'm lazy."

Unless I need something that day, or want to physically browse options, I buy from Amazon. :thumbsup:

Unless I need something that day, or want to physically browse options, I buy from Amazon. :thumbsup:

Ordered a cute little owl shaped thing to hold one of our echo dots last Saturday afternoon. It showed up Sunday morning. Soon you're going to order it and as soon as you hit the order button your doorbell is going to ring. Focking Bezos!!!!

:mad:

Ordered a cute little owl shaped thing to hold one of our echo dots last Saturday afternoon. It showed up Sunday morning. Soon you're going to order it and as soon as you hit the order button your doorbell is going to ring. Focking Bezos!!!!

I live in the sticks and sometimes I get things the next day. :shocking:

1% Everything else

I use this card as well. Just pay if off each month and you are good to go.

I probably use Amazon weekly, I don't give a sh!t if they are evil and conquering the world. When it shows up on my door step, I'm a happy.

Some items have same day delivery for us now, for free with Prime. It helps that we have a major distribution center here I suppose.

I haven't looked into it in years. I use Chase Freedom as my primary card. I think it's 1% cash back on everything. 5% cash back at certain places/products, which changes quarterly. 1 quarter a year includes gas.

same here

i have several...

united visa and amex blue most used.

united is nice for travel. have redeemed for air, hotel, and car at different times.

Amazon Purchases - Amazon Visa - 5% back on Amazon purchases. Spend about 25k at Amazon in 2018.

Everything else - Citi Bank Double Cash - 2% cash back on every purchase, no limits, no restrictions.

I don't think there is anything better out there as far as getting cash back.