Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Shreveport police identify officer killed

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - The Shreveport police officer killed in a shooting Wednesday night was a mother, former track star, and a rookie officer who had been on the job less than two months.

Chatéri Payne, 22, was preparing to go on shift when she was shot multiple times, according to Shreveport Police Chief Ben Raymond.

The shooting happened just before 8:30 p.m. on Midway Avenue in Shreveport’s Caddo Heights neighborhood. Chief Raymond says police are still searching for the suspect.

http://www.ksla.com/2019/01/10/shreveport-police-identify-officer-killed-shooting/

Here we have a conundrum. Was this a hate crime or not, of course.....but, since the victim was a police officer does that offset access to hate crime or is it still on the board as an option?

If it was a white person that killed her, oh boy that ought to be fun in the media...

Either way RIP officer Payne...

If it was a white person that killed her, oh boy that ought to be fun in the media...

Either way RIP officer Payne...

Right.

She was a brand new officer, less than two months on the job I think....just crazy. I imagine her family is inconsolable.

But the premise here is more intended to maybe define the grievance scale at play. Does being a police office negate her gender and race, just one? Which one? Will it only become a "hate crime" if the shooter is white/ what if they are illegal immigrant" Asian? Will CNN play this 24x7, or are they going to wait until the shooter is fully identified and THEN start caring deeply?

Well, if you are talking about CNN, Black > Police. Since she is both though, if the attack was by a white person, police officer will be the headline, but race will dominate the story. If it's a black person, no story there.

Well, if you are talking about CNN, Black > Police. Since she is both though, if the attack was by a white person, police officer will be the headline, but race will dominate the story. If it's a black person, no story there.

That does make sense. Being a cop will initially negate race as a factor, depending on the race of the shooter, then I guess hate crime is back on the table and this is used as some kind of "proof" of the secret evil white?

It’s racist now to report on black crime. Journalists risk getting targeted and singled out for reporting on in.

• Like 1

I think we need the circumstances of the shooting before any judgement is passed. They could have known each other.

What if the perp is a black, trangendered, illegal immigrant?

They should be searching San Francisco then. Or just ask Pelosi where the person is.

What if the perp is a black, trangendered, illegal immigrant?

I would then expect crickets....

I think we need the circumstances of the shooting before any judgement is passed. They could have known each other.

I saw something that said there's a suspicion of it being domestic violence,sorry should have linked it.

I saw something that said there's a suspicion of it being domestic violence,sorry should have linked it.

hmmm, this likely gets some air play and attention if that is true, i think it ties in neatly with the #metoo stuff, good for ratings

hmmm, this likely gets some air play and attention if that is true, i think it ties in neatly with the #metoo stuff, good for ratings

What if she has a white husband and he did it? That would make CNN sit in meetings for hours trying to figure that angle. They would have a whole bunch of hate stories to throw out there.

I heard Brett Kavanaugh is in on it.

Found it

Story Highlights
  • Victim identified as Officer Chateri Payne
  • Sources say it was likely a case of domestic violence
  • Dozens of officers responded to scene
  • Mayor Perkins and Chief Raymond meet with family
  • Shreveport Police Officer's Association releases statement
  • Officer Payne will receive full police burial

Hate crimes are a joke! It means that if a white person kills a black person you get a harsher penalty than a black person killing a white person even though more blacks kill whites than whites kill blacks. It is part of the Liberal handbook.

• Like 1

Hate crimes are a joke! It means that if a white person kills a black person you get a harsher penalty than a black person killing a white person even though more blacks kill whites than whites kill blacks. It is part of the Liberal handbook.

Yep. I thought most planned murders committed are based upon someone hating someone else for some reason or another.

Found it

Story Highlights

• Victim identified as Officer Chateri Payne
  • Sources say it was likely a case of domestic violence
  • Dozens of officers responded to scene
  • Mayor Perkins and Chief Raymond meet with family
  • Shreveport Police Officer's Association releases statement
  • Officer Payne will receive full police burial

I think these factors will settle it.....

If this is domestic violence the #metoo retards will trot this out as a "proof" to add more legitimacy to their agenda, to solidify their position in the grievance hierarchy. Officer Payne, prepare to be used posthumously....

I think these factors will settle it.....

If this is domestic violence the #metoo retards will trot this out as a "proof" to add more legitimacy to their agenda, to solidify their position in the grievance hierarchy. Officer Payne, prepare to be used posthumously....

Dont you think its a little classless to post a thread about the murder of a policemen for no other reason than to further your petty political agenda?

Dont you think its a little classless to post a thread about the murder of a policemen for no other reason than to further your petty political agenda?

How dare you!

It might be....but given that we cannot hold people accountable for their actions if they have a good excuse (not my rule) then I think I am absolutely within my rights to mock stupidity where I find it.

It might be....but given that we cannot hold people accountable for their actions if they have a good excuse (not my rule) then I think I am absolutely within my rights to mock stupidity where I find it.

Thats fair, just saying your habit of using someones personal tragedy to further your petty political grievances is trashy and hypocritical. But I guess you own it.

Thats fair, just saying your habit of using someones personal tragedy to further your petty political grievances is trashy and hypocritical. But I guess you own it.

I absolutely own it. I feel as though highlighting the illogical, or outright indefensible, is something worthwhile, and fun. Mocking the stupid could be seen as heartless or mean-spirited, but i am willing to accept that consequence in order to point out the problems with certain ideologies. If i stay within the lanes defined by these faulty ideologies, it further points out how poorly they are conceived.

Nailed it. Her boyfriend and his 2 cousins shot and killed her. They then tried to cover it up.

Nailed it. Her boyfriend and his 2 cousins shot and killed her. They then tried to cover it up.

It happens a lot with female cops that they end up in abusive realtionships. Especially the younger ones. They go through a big change very fast and some weak guys can't handle it. They usually threaten them that they will jam them up on their job and being brand new they are afraid to lose their jobs or be branded so they are reluctant to seek help or walk away.

Perfect example of why females should be banned from being police officers.

http://www.returnofkings.com/126816/5-reasons-women-should-be-banned-from-working-as-police-officers

#4 is spot on. 100%. And what people won't admit, that standards were lowered to get more females on the job, also resulted in less qualified males getting on the job.