shotsup

Should I “rat” this guy out ?

Took family and friends out for my sons birthday last night.

Was paying with my debit card and the waiter (who I never seen before and I go there frequently since they opened in 1999)

Anyway he whispers to me if I can pay any part of the tip in cash so its less that he has to share with the help !!!

I told him to Fock off - there is 4 waiters and waitress and one bartender at this table and you just lost 5% of the tip I was going to give you. (I lied I still tipped 20%)

Next time I am there should I tell the owner or manager ???

He is a scumbag

Sharing tips is stupid.

The two helpers did more then the waiter

I always tip in cash. That way they can claim less on their taxes.

When the busboy does more work than the waiter/waitress I make sure to tip him directly. Sounds like you should do the same the next time you're there and do it in front this asshat. Make sure he knows you tipped the others more.

How drunk on and scale of 1- shotsup were you?

It was at night so I'm thinking the high end of the scale.

Bartenders normally look at the waiters sales for the night and if this guy keeps coming in saying he only made 10% every night, that won't wash. They are all in the business, they will know.

No. Why do you care? He will get figured out.

Says the biggest rat on FFT.
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say anything to the owner/manager, but I'd probably tell the kid to shut up and appreciate whatever he gets. If he doesn't like sharing his tips, he can find another job.

Says the biggest rat on FFT.

12th Man would have roundhouse kicked this punk in his imagination. In real life hed tip the waiter 40% and blow him in the john.

How drunk on and scale of 1- shotsup were you?

It was a family gathering. 2 drinks and 2 shots at the bar (bartenders idea not mine).

But then - invited to a post holiday party at local Biergarten from a ligour company. Drinking with a bunch of liquor salesman takes practice

And you called me whiny. 🙄

Thats because you are

:cheers:

I always tip in cash. That way they can claim less on their taxes.

When the busboy does more work than the waiter/waitress I make sure to tip him directly. Sounds like you should do the same the next time you're there and do it in front this asshat. Make sure he knows you tipped the others more.

Jesus christ. The superhuman effort so many of you put into every day tasks never ceases to amaze me.

I put 20% if the service was good. If not, less. I dont think about the cash impact and I dont go chasing down busboys. I eat my meal, pay and leave.

Jesus christ. The superhuman effort so many of you put into every day tasks never ceases to amaze me.

I put 20% if the service was good. If not, less. I dont think about the cash impact and I dont go chasing down busboys. I eat my meal, pay and leave.

It's not a big deal. I'm just a better person than you. :dunno:

It's not a big deal. I'm just a better person than you. :dunno:

In what way? Helping people break the law? Yeah, great job sport. Seriously, I do exactly what SM does. It's not my place to try to figure out who deserves what. The restaurant can sort all that out. Personally, I wish we had more of a model like Australia does where tipping is not expected because they pay their people more.

Agreed. The thing is, they dont do all that stuff, they just imagine they do in the shower and say it here. Keyboard champions of dogoodery. Mind your own business, eat, pay, leave.

In what way? Helping people break the law? Yeah, great job sport. Seriously, I do exactly what SM does. It's not my place to try to figure out who deserves what. The restaurant can sort all that out. Personally, I wish we had more of a model like Australia does where tipping is not expected because they pay their people more.

Agreed. The restaurant has figured out how to distribute tips, from the behind-the-scenes bartenders making drinks for tables, to dishwashers, etc. :cheers:

It was a joke Suzie serious.

What they do with their money is their business. I don't give a sh!t if they claim every dime on their taxes or not. Most wait staff make minimum wage. They live off of tips. A lot of dooshbags under tip or don't tip at all. I over tip for good service. It helps ensure I get good service the next time I patronize the establishment.

Agreed. The restaurant has figured out how to distribute tips, from the behind-the-scenes bartenders making drinks for tables, to dishwashers, etc. :cheers:

And this greedy rat was trying to screw his coworkers over

And this greedy rat was trying to screw his coworkers over

Yeah, I didn't address your point. If it is a place you've gone to for 20-ish years and feel that you know the management, owner, and other staff, I would definitely say something. :thumbsup:

The whole concept of tipping servers is stupid.

He exerts the same effort serving me steak and lobster as he does a salad, but the surf and turf is more expensive, so he gets a bigger tip. And what if I order a $100 bottle of wine vs a $30 bottle? Same effort for him, but I have to tip more because the wine itself is more expensive. Dumb.

Good for you Mr. Pink.

Alright, I mean I'll tip if somebody really deserves a tip. If they put forth the effort, I'll give them something extra. But I mean, this tipping automatically, it's for the birds.

Don't tell the manager. Tell the dishwasher, he's got nothing to loose and will take care of the problem himself. :bandana:

He exerts the same effort serving me steak and lobster as he does a salad, but the surf and turf is more expensive, so he gets a bigger tip. And what if I order a $100 bottle of wine vs a $30 bottle? Same effort for him, but I have to tip more because the wine itself is more expensive. Dumb.

This is why you buy your bottle of wine directly from the bartender.

12th Man would have roundhouse kicked this punk in his imagination. In real life hed tip the waiter 40% and blow him in the john.

Ew those bathrooms are so dirty

Well when you think about it the whole concept is dumb. Why not just push the food through a hole and notify you when it's your turn to get your food. And who the fock needs a hostess? I can totally tell when a table is empty. Dumb dumb

Well when you think about it the whole concept is dumb. Why not just push the food through a hole and notify you when it's your turn to get your food. And who the fock needs a hostess? I can totally tell when a table is empty. Dumb dumb

For real. I’m happy to walk up and grab my own plate. I don’t need a hostess, I can right focking there is an open table and you weren’t taking reservations so why the fock have I been standing here for 10 min?

Even dumber is the fact that this whole tipping game has elevated a waiters earning potential to a point that its better than some professions that actually require skill or knowledge.

Waiting tables is not a career. Its just a paycheck for those on their way to something bigger and better. If its your primary source of income beyond the age of 30, youre a loser.

The whole tipping thing is a sham. A business owner should not be allowed to force his customers to pay his employees wages. The minimum wage in Michigan for tipped employees is 3.52 an hour. WTF?