Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Patriots @ Chiefs AFC Championship Thread

That muffed punt was pretty nuts, I can't say for sure if Edelman touched it

That TD is a gift from the NFL. Between the obvious missed pi in the early game, and the phantom roughing the passer call against the chiefs, the Superbowl is on pace to having the wrong two teams.

3 minutes to win the game. Mahommes looked a little nervous on the sideline.

Chiefs should've kicked a touchback there. Time is against them. Not the Patriots.

Wow. Just heard - the scripted, OT win. The Super Bowl has been oficially killed. Who the !@$% wants to watch the same freeging team for like the 10th straight time again? What a debacle. The novelty of the SB has just taken a massive hit. Does anyone even care anymore?

Can't wait to see the Chiefs with a new D-coordinator next year.

you and me both

Wow. Just heard - the scripted, OT win. The Super Bowl has been oficially killed. Who the !@$% wants to watch the same freeging team for like the 10th straight time again? What a debacle. The novelty of the SB has just taken a massive hit. Does anyone even care anymore?

Yes....great football is great football. Football greatness is football greatness. A true football fan, not just a Patriots homer, would embrace the magic that this team & organization continues to exhibit in the modern salary cap era. A true football fan would embrace the opportunity to watch the greatest player to ever play the game, defy both age & odds. When you watch a game that crowns champions, you should want to watch the best. I think you saw the two best teams play tonight.

The NFL must have decided that a Boston vs LA Superbowl is more appealing than a New Orleans vs Kansas City. It's the only way I can understand the officiating I saw today.

• Like 1

The NFL must have decided that a Boston vs LA Superbowl is more appealing than a New Orleans vs Kansas City. It's the only way I can understand the officiating I saw today.

you just only look at the last play

the officiating was horrible in both games from start to finish

I don't have a horse in the race, Goff was facemasked inside the 5 right before the FG to tie at 20, no call

Gronk was draped every single play that went to him, yet not a single flag

its a shame it comes down to the final time the refs messed up, but they did it a ton on both sides, all day

Wow great job Patriots

Yes....great football is great football. Football greatness is football greatness. A true football fan, not just a Patriots homer, would embrace the magic that this team & organization continues to exhibit in the modern salary cap era. A true football fan would embrace the opportunity to watch the greatest player to ever play the game, defy both age & odds. When you watch a game that crowns champions, you should want to watch the best. I think you saw the two best teams play tonight.

Yeah thanks but that’s not what happened. What player is the greatest to ever play the game? That’s more debatable than politics. Far too many factors to consider. The "magic" is clouded by all kinds of shady ness and lots of other "stuff" but it’s fine. We'll never really know. But, it matters not. None of our lives are directly affected in anyway. Just a form of entertainment. Like the WWF or a marvel super hero movie. Everyone not living in Boston just wants to see some different outcomes here but it just wasn’t meant to be. Hey, Lebron James is rght: "y’all can go back to your regular lives come Monday morning".

BTW....time to change overtime for real and have both teams get a possession regardless of what the coin toss winner does with the ball. That’s obvious. And the Saints got royally screwed. Another terrific display of officiating this weekend. Plenty of awful calls to go around. At key times too. Enjoy.

G.O.A.T.

A "true fan" should want to watch an organization clouded in scandals? Most of us are just waiting for this year's to come out. Not sure how anyone can definitivly say the Patriots are the better team. They were just the one to win the coin toss.

• Like 1

A "true fan" should want to watch an organization clouded in scandals? Most of us are just waiting for this year's to come out. Not sure how anyone can definitivly say the Patriots are the better team. They were just the one to win the coin toss.

You gotta give some credit to the Pats. Through 3 quarters they executed a perfect game plan. They handed the ball off 47 times in that game. The Chiefs only had 10. The Pats held the Chiefs to 7 points through 3 quarters. And although things went haywire in the 4th, Brady had the goods to pull it off.

I was entertained. :dunno:

You gotta give some credit to the Pats. Through 3 quarters they executed a perfect game plan. They handed the ball off 47 times in that game. The Chiefs only had 10. The Pats held the Chiefs to 7 points through 3 quarters. And although things went haywire in the 4th, Brady had the goods to pull it off.

I was entertained. :dunno:

it was a great game. I took my 11 year old boy, and he started to criticize the refs, call the pats cheaters. I said, sometimes son you just lose. It was still a great game, they just ended up being the better team today and we lost too the greatest of all time until someone else comes along to challenge that title. And while we are witnessing the end of the Brady run, the future is extremely bright forus chiefs fans.

it was a great game. I took my 11 year old boy, and he started to criticize the refs, call the pats cheaters.

:doh: :rolleyes:

pathetic

:doh: :rolleyes:

pathetic

he is freakin 11 you clown. But lucky for you he has a dad raising him right.

it was a great game. I took my 11 year old boy, and he started to criticize the refs, call the pats cheaters. I said, sometimes son you just lose. It was still a great game, they just ended up being the better team today and we lost too the greatest of all time until someone else comes along to challenge that title. And while we are witnessing the end of the Brady run, the future is extremely bright forus chiefs fans.

That's how I would expect a normal 11 year old to react. And that's also how I would expect a normal fan/father with a good head on his shoulders to act.

Kudos to you. Hope you guys had fun, and good luck next year.

I don't like them any more than the next guy. But if you don't want them to win, then beat them.

Sometimes I think the Patriot hate is just as ridiculous and out of control, as the love fest/they can do know wrong the homers have.

Doesn't really seem to be a middle ground. It's either overboard hatred. Or overboard ball lickin.

#55 being lined up off-sides is what lost them that game. Brady threw a pick with less than a minute left but the moron on the other side of the field, clearly lined up in the neutral zone. This play is 100x worse than Alshon Jeffrey. It's on par with the Saints tackling debacle last year vs the Vikings.

For sure. You guys just need to start drafting defense for the whole draft. Maybe a 3rd round pick on a versatile RB.

#55 being lined up off-sides is what lost them that game. Brady threw a pick with less than a minute left but the moron on the other side of the field, clearly lined up in the neutral zone. This play is 100x worse than Alshon Jeffrey. It's on par with the Saints tackling debacle last year vs the Vikings.

Dee Ford. He's been great in pass rush this season. Her also didn't contain the edge and let a long run go for a first down. He's a free agent though and about to get paid.

For sure. You guys just need to start drafting defense for the whole draft. Maybe a 3rd round pick on a versatile RB.

if you go back and look at their 2018 draft, that's exactly what they did. Didn't have a first round puck after trading up the year before, but its no secret this defense is upcoming this team back. And it has to start by parting ways with bob Sutton

:thumbsup:

Way to take the high road Chad. And I think you and your son probably have some Superbowl celebrations in your future. I love me some Brady but Mahomes is from another dimension. It's like when Bobby Jones said of Nicklaus "He plays a game with which I am not familiar".

Keys to a Chiefs win:

Offensively - Sammy Watkins and Damien Williams. The Hoody can't take out all of KC's weapons, but will likely focus on Hill/Kelce. Now healthy and rested, Watkins has the skillz to dominate, and must step up big in this one. Conley/Robinson/Benjamin must also take advantage of any opportunities they get. Williams (with some Ware mixed in) must establish the run game early, not only to keep the clock running, but to also make the Hoody cheat the safety up and make him think twice about blitzing. If a KC lead is established....keep the hammer down. We all saw what happened to the Falcons in the SB a couple of years ago. This shouldn't be a problem with Reid coaching.

Defensively - Must take James White out as much as possible. He is Brady's security blanket. Must also have success getting in Brady's face right up the gut.....A and B gap pressure must get home to disrupt the GOAT. He is obviously not mobile like Mahomie, and that weakness must be exploited. It's his only real weakness (along with no longer being able to deliver the long-ball). Obviously, Brady is playing with a major chip on his shoulder for motivation, which makes him extra-dangerous. The few times that he has lost in the post-season resulted from defenses contacting him early and often.

KC 34

Pats 30

Well, the Hoodie did take out Hill and Kelce, Watkins was the best KC WR and Williams had a decent day, esp catching the ball.

However, KC could get NO real pressure on the Goat.....none. You don't hit Brady, you don't beat Brady. Gronk and Edelman really came through, and Mahomie had far too many errant throws. However, the Pats victory can directly be attributed to four things:

1. The refs. That phantom roughing call on Brady was brutal, and very likely changed the outcome of the game.

2. The idiot KC defender, Dee Ford, lining up way offsides on the late Brady int. He was looking right down the line at the ball too. Inexcusable.

3. The luck of an OT coinflip. When NE won the flip, the game was over. KC defense was gassed and demoralized....and we've seen this movie before.

4. KC o-line couldn't protect Mahomie, but Pats o-line kept Brady untouched all night...on the road against the best sack team in the league, no less. Those hawgs, though mostly overlooked, are the true reason the Pats advance. They had a stellar performance.

G.O.A.T.

What does a farm animal have to do with it, Eddie? Please elaborate.

Hard to disagree here. Since 2001 it’s been all wonderful and they’ve accomplished a lot but it’s always "something". A whole bunch "yeah, buts." That’s it’s how it is and always will be. It’s weird wth the Pats. One one have it’s amazong what they’ve done in their salary cap era. On the other hand though, doesn’t that raise questions as to how? Is the rest of the AFC THAT bad or are the pats just THAT amazing? A fair debate to have.

As for this game, Brady didn’t even play that great. Three picks, ok two but you get the idea. It was a TEAM effort as it usually is with big games. His line blocked their balls off from the highlights I saw. Doesn’t that matter?

Don’t even bother. It’s Eddie jr. what do you expect? Common sense? Logic? You won’t get it. :)

:lol:

PATRIOTS ARE CHEATERS SON! repeat after me!

:wacko:

Being a Cowboys fan, I have done the obligatory baiting of the rival teams fans. I do not, however, hate the Pats or Eagles. I never want to see any of their players hurt, and admire the athletes and their coaches.

Just watched the highlights of this game.

Ot drive by Brady was awesome.

Three third downs plus nine and two ten yards, and they converted all three.

Plus I didn’t know Brady threw a int from the KC one yard line in the first qtr.

Pats are just awesome.

The Chiefs were fortunate that Brady threw a terrible pick on the goal line, they were fortunate they didn't turn the ball over once, they were fortunate to get a lucky rebound interception, they were fortunate the Patriots didn't pick off the 50/50 ball in the end zone in the 4th quarter. They got all those lucky breaks, but some people just want to focus on a bad ref call of unnecessary roughness on Brady. You get that many breaks, you should win. If the breaks were even, this was a Patriots blowout. Nuff said.

The Chiefs were fortunate that Brady threw a terrible pick on the goal line, they were fortunate they didn't turn the ball over once, they were fortunate to get a lucky rebound interception, they were fortunate the Patriots didn't pick off the 50/50 ball in the end zone in the 4th quarter. They got all those lucky breaks, but some people just want to focus on a bad ref call of unnecessary roughness on Brady. You get that many breaks, you should win. If the breaks were even, this was a Patriots blowout. Nuff said.

That's not being fortunate, that's making plays. You can say the same about plays the Patriots made.