Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Rams @ Saints NFC Championship Thread

Todd Gurley, a possible MVP candidate, riding pine all focking game in favor of journeyman scrub CJ Anderson

I saw he had 4 touches all game. Did he get hurt again?

I thought the WR bubble screen was stupidly safe, unless Mcvay thought his oline couldn't block any more.

Im glad the Rams won though. It's good to see yet another qb everyone thought was dead make it to a SB

Worst call in playoff history?

NFL showed they have no integrity, only want that LA money.

###### them.

This might be the worst. Vinny Testsverdes non-TD that was called a TD against the Seahawks that helped get instant replay introduced was pretty bad. But this was for a trip to the Super Bowl. The Tuck Rule was also ridiculous but at least there is some debate about it.

Worst call in playoff history?

NFL showed they have no integrity, only want that LA money.

###### them.

Any link to the play? Idk what happened

Sean Payton deserves some blame there too. He should've ran the ball 3 times but that incomplete pass on 1st screwed them.

This might be the worst. Vinny Testsverdes non-TD that was called a TD against the Seahawks that helped get instant replay introduced was pretty bad. But this was for a trip to the Super Bowl. The Tuck Rule was also ridiculous but at least there is some debate about it.

This.

Sean Payton deserves some blame there too. He should've ran the ball 3 times but that incomplete pass on 1st screwed them.

First down in the red zone with under 2 minutes to go and the Rams had 2 timeouts. Payton out geniused himself.

Yup. Terrible play calling there. Entirely different game if the Saints keep the clock running. Then NO called a time out on second down. Not Divisional Championship caliber decision-making.

Worst playoff call in history.

Yeah, because no other calls in the game were suspect.

What I always say is that refs are terrible and you KNOW the refs are terrible, so you must win by 2 scores to prevent the refs from influencing the outcome. If you only lead by 1 score in the NFL then you are at the mercy of a bad ref call and that's on you. I don't think the refs will ever get better. Its always going to be this way.

Have to say good going Rams, down twice my two scores and comeback and win it on the road. Wow

I feel bad for Drew Brees. Two years, now, last second playoff losses.

*Maybe* the PI non-call will *finally* shock the Competition Committee into allowing the Head Coaches to Challenge ANY PLAY!!

I get that it feels good to say we need a change and replay for blown calls, but opening Pandora's box on that comes with consequences

the thing is in sports we all accept bad calls happen and calls get missed, if you lose on one of them its hard but it happens.

that call however is in another leauge there was no angle or way it could have been seen as anything other than PI

this wasnt a shirt pull on the refs blind side or anyhting like that, No1 rule for Pi did the Cb locate the ball at any point, he never even looked back at any moment, its more than a missed call as it was clarely seen it was a just horrendoius moment of judgement.

(also agree peyton should just run 3 times coudl end the game with a pritty much a walk of kick.)

side note to the Pats game, how do you get linned up over the line on a 3rd and 10 play that can win the game, his answer after the game was " i had to see the ball in that situation" that dosnt mean you line up over the line you idoit what kind of answer was that

I get that it feels good to say we need a change and replay for blown calls, but opening Pandora's box on that comes with consequences

i agree with this, i think allowing coaches to challenge could be an issue as the game will stop a lot and reveiws on these types of thing can take a bit and slow down the game alot, but perhaps the call can come from upstairs or back in NY to review

NFL needed a way to punish the Saints and their nitwit fans for blowing whistles the ENTIRE game

They found it.

NFL needed a way to punish the Saints and their nitwit fans for blowing whistles the ENTIRE game

They found it.

so its a fix and the Rams shouldnt be going

so its a fix and the Rams shouldnt be going

The right team won

SEE YOU IN ATLANTA!

The right team won

SEE YOU IN ATLANTA!

i didnt say they didnt, you said the leauge found a way to put punish the saints meaning the play that would have won the saints was called wrong on purpose which would mean it was fixed which would mean the right team didnt win. so those two comments dont work together

The refs have to find a way to stop being a story for blatant missed calls, makeup calls, and obviously inconsistent calls in the same game. The NFL has to know this. Do they care? Who knows!

The ref gig is not an easy one but if a guy getting hit in the head and tackled with a football coming his way on a third down cannot draw a PI, that is just plain and simple bad ref work.

That written, the Saints gave up 2 field goals and had a turnover after that horrible no call. So hey. The Rams still had some work to do and they got it done.

That is just flat-out incompetence there. As a Raider fan I hate all referees, and don't care if we ban them and go to full-time cameras. At the very least these asshats need to devote the entire season to this job, I'm talking studying film, doing round tables, brainstorming in the offseason to get this s*** right. I get bang bang calls are tough, but Baseball umpires get them right all the time. Not comparing the two sports just the bang bang calls. There's no way the referee should be able to keep his job after blowing that call.

There are plenty of reasons to believe that the call was blown on-purpose. Thats a better story than a dude accidentally missing a blatant out of position defender mugging a guy to prevent a td.

Regardless, it is another bad call in a game that had a few. The league got the best 4 teams in the final 4. Old dudes. Young dudes. The games were interesting with lots of stories to tell. And oops, here we are talking about refs the day after. That cannot be how the league continues to operate.

Just watched the highlights, and if I was a Saints fan I’m pissed.

Not at the ref, but at my HOF Qb.

What kind of play was that in ot he threw the ball up for grabs.

That’s the play that cost you that game.

But wow Greg the leg with that 57 yarder wow.

Let’s go Rams.

the worst blown PI call I've ever seen. what's worse is that was the 2nd blown PI call on Roby in that game.

Funny thing, is when I saw that non call, if the Rams def player was playing the ball he’s scoring a pick6.

At least VT's helmet touched the goal line