Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

SuperBowl 53 Patriots-Rams

This whole run started with a Patriots superbowl win against the Rams. The Rams opened the gate to hell many years ago.

Now, as with many horror movies. It all comes full circle, and you Rams know what you have to do. It is up to you to close the door, and finish what you let happen. You save the world, and send them back to hell.

DO IT FOR HUMANITY!

• Like 2

Actually, its was the TUCK rule that started this nightmare. Still the worst call in the history of modern sports.

Either way, for those that are going to watch the game....enjoy. Im certainly not watching it. ;)

I'm sure the 100 million plus USA viewers will enjoy watching it...

Actually, its was the TUCK rule that started this nightmare. Still the worst call in the history of modern sports.

Either way, for those that are going to watch the game....enjoy. Im certainly not watching it. ;)

The tuck rule was a bad rule, but the correct call. And you'll be watching the game like everyone else.

I AM BUTT HURT

:doublethumbsup:

• Like 1

The tuck rule was a bad rule, but the correct call. And you'll be watching the game like everyone else.

Nah - didnt watch last year either. With the advent of YouTube you can watch the important plays in about 10 mins or so for any NFL game and that gets to the point. Then you can avoid the never ending ads, stoppages and time wasting. If your fav team isnt in the game and you dont care for the matchup there is no reason to watch it. Not a big deal. Enjoy the game if you do watch it.

:doublethumbsup:

Butt is fine. Been keeping the fiber intake up so all good there. Just having some fun with the TUCK rule. I suggest relaxing..... paranoid Pats fan. ;)

The Patriots lost the turnover battle in the AFC Championship game vs the Chiefs 2-0, yet won anyway, so updating these playoff statistics for the 21st century Patriots and including the Goff Rams:

1. The 21st century Patriots are undefeated in the playoffs when they win the turnover battle. A perfect 16-0. The Goff Rams have never won the turnover battle.

2. When the 21st century Patriot defense collects at least TWO turnovers in the playoffs, they are 17-1. The only loss was to the Ravens in 2009 33-14 when the Patriots turned it over 4 times. The Goff Rams have never collected 2 or more turnovers in a game.

3. The 21st century Patriots are 11-1 when they don't turn the ball over in the playoffs. The only loss was to the Broncos in 2013, 26-16. The Broncos also did not turn the ball over. The Goff Rams are 1-0.

4. The 21st century Patriots are 3-4 in the playoffs when the turnover battle is a tie. They are 1-4 in their last 5 playoff games when both teams turn the ball over the same number of times. The Goff Rams are 2-0.

5. When the 21st century Patriots turn the ball over at least twice in the playoffs, they are still 9-4. The Goff Rams are 0-1.

6. When the 21st century Patriots lose the turnover battle in the playoffs, they are 8-6. The Goff Rams are 0-1.

7. When the 2018 Patriots won the turnover battle, they were 8-2. When they didn't, they were 5-3. When they lost the turnover battle, they were 3-0!

8. When the 2018 Rams won the turnover battle, they were 7-0. When they didn't, they were 8-3. When they lost the turnover battle, they were 2-2.

Has anyone heard what the deal is with Gurley yet?

Yesterday's usage was very puzzling.

Hes somehow hurt / not 100%. And I think he has some kind of mental thing going on too. He was super shaken up after that interception he caused.

And heck, CJ Anderson has been super useful for the Rams. He is taking the tough hits and causing punishment to the middle of opposing defenses. Why tamper with it now?

Interesting matchup now. It was supposed to be New Orleans right? No way LA could beat the Saints in their house. Meanwhile the Pats seemed to absolutely loooooooove being called the underdog against the Chiefs.

Tables are turned now. I'm going to assume that most believe Tom Brady is going to win again.

Has anyone heard what the deal is with Gurley yet?

Yesterday's usage was very puzzling.

Link

The Rams keep saying that Gurley is fine, but his usage over the last two weeks is certainly puzzling.

Not sure if I'll watch or not. I'm tired of the Patriots the same way I'm tired of Alabama. I said I wasn't going to watch that game (Alabama-Clemson), but ended up tuning in for the second half. Really bummed the Chiefs lost. :(

There was a season a few years ago where Phillip Rivers looked very off but he always insisted he was OK. Then we reached offseason and nothing happened. No surgery or whatever. Maybe he had an injury that just required several months off. I wouldn't be surprised if after the season is over, we hear exactly what injury Gurley AND Gronkowski has. But we may never hear anything either and next season they BOTH might be back to normal.

I'd like to see the Rams curb stomp Brady and retire him via stretcher.

Not sure if I'll watch or not. I'm tired of the Patriots the same way I'm tired of Alabama. I said I wasn't going to watch that game (Alabama-Clemson), but ended up tuning in for the second half. Really bummed the Chiefs lost. :(

Right? Its NOT a personal thing at all. Brady is a good guy, Belichick is actually quite a character and funny if you pay attention to how he plays the media. But, the same team over and over again in the big game just gets old. It'd be no different with any other team if it got out of hand like this. Hell, in a few years we could be saying the same thing about Mahomes and Reid or Goff and McVey. Its not "hating" for the sake of it. Its just that variety is the spice of life. This applies to football too. A few appearences and titles is fine and has happened before with other franchises. But 20 years of the same old shiat? Sorry, boooooooooooring as hell.

Yeah, last year's super bowl was boring as hell

Repeat: when the same team or teams keep getting in, it starts to lose its luster. No way around it for people who arent fans of the team that keeps making it. This isnt hard to understand. Like non Yankee fans werent getting sick of the Yankees in the mid 90s? Or pick any other long title game/series run in any sport. People are already tired of Golden State in the NBA. The games themselves could be nail biters. Thats not the point.

Repeat: when the same team or teams keep getting in, it starts to lose its luster. No way around it for people who arent fans of the team that keeps making it. This isnt hard to understand. Like non Yankee fans werent getting sick of the Yankees in the mid 90s? Or pick any other long title game/series run in any sport. People are already tired of Golden State in the NBA. The games themselves could be nail biters. Thats not the point.

People actually like it. They just want to see someone rise to the challenge presented by the Patriots.

You've got all these ex-head coaches wasting their talents in the booth or on TV sets. If in 1 offseason Tony Dungy unretired and took the Dolphins job, Bill Cowher unretired and took the Jets job, and Andy Reid quit the Chiefs and took the Bills job, and they all announced they were doing this because they wanted to to give Belichick, Brady and the Patriots the ultimate challenge over the next 3 seasons, ratings would go through the roof and fans would be glued to the NFL waiting to if the Patriots could win in that environment.

But if they just keep winning and no-one challenges their supremacy and you've got very talented head coaches hiding on pre-game shows or announcing booths, its not fun. Everyone looks like cowards.

• Like 1

I get your point but I'm self-aware enough to realize that I was tired of the Yankees because I personally couldn't stand them. I have no animus towards the pats and therefore don't mind their sustained excellence, especially if they keep giving us nail-biters...

People actually like it. They just want to see someone rise to the challenge presented by the Patriots.

You've got all these ex-head coaches wasting their talents in the booth or on TV sets. If in 1 offseason Tony Dungy unretired and took the Dolphins job, Bill Cowher unretired and took the Jets job, and Andy Reid quit the Chiefs and took the Bills job, and they all announced they were doing this because they wanted to to give Belichick, Brady and the Patriots the ultimate challenge over the next 3 seasons, ratings would go through the roof and fans would be glued to the NFL waiting to if the Patriots could win in that environment.

But if they just keep winning and no-one challenges their supremacy and you've got very talented head coaches hiding on pre-game shows or announcing booths, its not fun. Everyone looks like cowards.

Not sure about that. Honestly it could be even worse if the Pats keep making the SB and losing. I Dont find it intriguing at all but I can see how some people might. Its dull at this stage for me. Also tired of hearing about how God-like The pats are. Yeah, yeah, we get it.... thanks. lol.

I get your point but I'm self-aware enough to realize that I was tired of the Yankees because I personally couldn't stand them. I have no animus towards the pats and therefore don't mind their sustained excellence, especially if they keep giving us nail-biters...

Fair enough. I dont hate the Pats either, believe it or not. No reason to. I just hate the same team being so dominant in the conference year after year. If it was the Colts or Raiders or whomever Id be saying the same thing.

Dungy & Co aren't hiding on tv because they're afraid of the Pats. They've put in their hours and are enjoying having a life.

That the Jets/Bills/Dolphins have sucked terribly the last few decades has more to do with ownership making bad hires who then make bad decisions. Over and over again.

Go Rams.

• Like 1

Dungy & Co aren't hiding on tv because they're afraid of the Pats. They've put in their hours and are enjoying having a life.

They have a calling, a talent. And they squander it on TV instead of coaching.

They have a calling, a talent. And they squander it on TV instead of coaching.

I'm sure they do not give af what you think they should be doing. But dont let that keep you from expressing it.

How dare you think that players and coaches and those that work in tv doing nfl games and the nfl league itself don’t come in here and read how people feel about them.

That the Jets/Bills/Dolphins have sucked terribly the last few decades has more to do with ownership making bad hires who then make bad decisions. Over and over again.

Go Rams.

Being an analyst is so much better than being a coach. They work far less hours, they barely have to put any effort in, and if they suck at their job it pretty much doesn't matter.

Not only that but being a coach is a near 365 day obsession. In the offseason these TV analysts can do whatever they want for a few months.

America generally likes a dynasty in sports.

It is why Mayweather makes hundreds of millions boxing at age 40. He is a dynasty. Tons of people love him tons of people want to see him lose.

This will be the 2nd super bowl in a row where I will be happy to see either team win. I always root for the Pats if the Bears are out, which is always. I'm also big time Foles and Goff fans, plus I appreciate good and out of the box coaching. Any coach that is stagnant, predictable, and stuck in the pre forward pass Era, I want them to lose.

I'm actually in a tough spot fan wise with Nagy. I want the Bears to win, but he doesn't seem any different than Reid, which means the Bears will need to be lucky as hell to win. A good regular season coach, but also a coach who calls plays scared to lose when it matters. There's nothing more frustrating to watch

Yeah after one playoff lost I would want to replace Nagy also.

Thanks.

I'm sure fans of the Jets/Bills/Dolphins/Bucs/et.al, would gladly trade places with you

The thing about coaches is yeah maybe to some people many suck. But who are you going to replace them with?

Just like QBs there are only so many elite ones who stand out from the rest.

Perhaps is Trubs imrpoves and becomes a vet in this league Nagy can feel better about being aggressive. At the end of the day they have a top defense with an inexperienced QB. An offense that relies on trick plays and dump offs to Cohen.

I'm sure fans of the Jets/Bills/Dolphins/Bucs/et.al, would gladly trade places with you

I sort of believe in Arians even if he is old.

McDerrmott is a top defensive coach but you are right not exactly the type I want as HC today. But his defensive scheme is no joke. It is astonishing the Bills had a top 3 defense with such a bad offense. Think of all the tough spots they were put in. Wallace, an undrafted corner came in mid year and was PFFs top rookie CB on the year.

The thing about coaches is yeah maybe to some people many suck. But who are you going to replace them with?

Just like QBs there are only so many elite ones who stand out from the rest.

Perhaps is Trubs imrpoves and becomes a vet in this league Nagy can feel better about being aggressive. At the end of the day they have a top defense with an inexperienced QB. An offense that relies on trick plays and dump offs to Cohen.

I agree that it's hard to find a great coach. There's like 1 in the entire league. Most people said this was a developmental year for the Bears, so the success they had was icing on the cake. If that's the case, then don't go conservative! Nows the time to be innovative and just let a young qb loose, not coach a game to eek out a win. This offense that plays so close to the line of scrimmage is not going to succeed in the long run

I want to see if the rams can contain james white. Nothing worse than seeing a 5 yard pass go for 10 yards and a first down 10 times a game. Totally frustrating

America generally likes a dynasty in sports.

It is why Mayweather makes hundreds of millions boxing at age 40. He is a dynasty. Tons of people love him tons of people want to see him lose.

I don't think that's completely true... or completely false. I believe people want to see someone (some team), rise to the top and be a staple there as to the target to beat. But I don't think they want them to over stay their welcome. Meaning, a run of 5-7 years where you're at the top or knocking on the door is perfect... but 15+, that's too long. Now, I'm not talking about that specific group or that groups fans, I'm talking about the rest of the viewing public. If Tampa makes the Super Bowl the next 25 years and wins 18 of them, I'll be ecstatic, but I'm willing to bet that every person who is a fan of the other 31 teams will not be happy at all and most likely turned off.

• Like 1

Might not be happy, but they won’t turn off. They would watch just to root against them.

Now was the 18 super wins in the next 25 seasons for th Bucs?

Now I would diffently watch that.