Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

SuperBowl 53 Patriots-Rams

I don't think that's completely true... or completely false. I believe people want to see someone (some team), rise to the top and be a staple there as to the target to beat. But I don't think they want them to over stay their welcome. Meaning, a run of 5-7 years where you're at the top or knocking on the door is perfect... but 15+, that's too long. Now, I'm not talking about that specific group or that groups fans, I'm talking about the rest of the viewing public. If Tampa makes the Super Bowl the next 25 years and wins 18 of them, I'll be ecstatic, but I'm willing to bet that every person who is a fan of the other 31 teams will not be happy at all and most likely turned off.

They get tired of them but they still watch. So do they really get tired of them?

You put the chiefs and saints in the SB and id bet it does less numbers than NE LA.

I don't think that's completely true... or completely false. I believe people want to see someone (some team), rise to the top and be a staple there as to the target to beat. But I don't think they want them to over stay their welcome. Meaning, a run of 5-7 years where you're at the top or knocking on the door is perfect... but 15+, that's too long. Now, I'm not talking about that specific group or that groups fans, I'm talking about the rest of the viewing public. If Tampa makes the Super Bowl the next 25 years and wins 18 of them, I'll be ecstatic, but I'm willing to bet that every person who is a fan of the other 31 teams will not be happy at all and most likely turned off.

The Broncos, Patriots and Steelers have been in about half the super bowls and that hasn't hurt the ratings at all. Its even gotten WORSE this decade and ratings were the highest ever.

Might not be happy, but they won’t turn off. They would watch just to root against them.

That’s pretty much where I’m at. Pats is in SB again is rediculous; but everyone loves a good villain. Also, it’s the friggin SB. I’m watching no matter who’s playing.

This is a fair assessment and exactly what I mean. The Niners, Steelers, Cowboys, and to a lesser extent the Redskins and even the Bills had nice runs at various times in different decades. It was cool watching the acsension, albeit not for the fans of the direct enemies of those teams. It was enjoyable watching the quality football being played. And, of course, the "root against the bad guys" paradigm kicked in which also draws in viewers. For fans of OTHER teams or just casual NFL fans there ere certainly haters but it never got outright ridiculous or irritating. Now? Sorry but its just boring. What are the interesting storylines? We've heard the same crap for years now with nothing new to add. As you said "Overstay their welcome" is a perfect way to put it. Me and Im sure some others just cant care anymore. It doesnt matter. Its lost its lustre and intrigue. Thats what reptitiveness does. Its not rocket science to understand this.

Might not be happy, but they won’t turn off. They would watch just to root against them.

Now was the 18 super wins in the next 25 seasons for th Bucs?

Now I would diffently watch that.

Im not sure if the "root against the bad guys or the incumbent" is still working. Ratings will stay the same or even be fine but thats because people are going to still have ther parties and all of that. I just think quite a few viewers will find something else to do OR not really watch the game as they might have when the matchup was more interesting and not the same old shiat. Due to the lousy AFC, its very likely that NE gets in again next year. Oh well. Enjoy. ;) YAWN.

They get tired of them but they still watch. So do they really get tired of them?

You put the chiefs and saints in the SB and id bet it does less numbers than NE LA.

No doubt the numbers will be better with this match up. LA market and New England market. The NFL is happy.

With Gambling more legalized than ever before, there is even more reason to watch. My favorite prop bet so far is how many times CBS cuts to Gisele Brady at 1.5 times.

With Gambling more legalized than ever before, there is even more reason to watch. My favorite prop bet so far is how many times CBS cuts to Gisele Brady at 1.5 times.

I did forget about the squares, side bets, etc, etc. That there is worth some viewers, no doubt.

I took the Rams.

I got no dog in this years fight. I just hope for a good game, (please no controversial calls).

And hit on some squares.

Have fun and be safe everyone

Fun facts:

1. Jared Goff has fumbled in 9 straight games (including playoffs) and has 11 fumbles total in those 9 games.

2. Tom Brady has zero fumbles in his last 9 games.

3. From December 2018-present, Jared Goff has thrown 7 TDs, 7 INTs, and has fumbled 8 times.

4. From December 2018-present, Tom Brady has 12 TDs, 6 INTs, and no fumbles.

Pats 26 Rams 24. Something controversial happens at the end that pisses everyone off. CBS will cut to Gisele 3 times easily covering the 1.5 over. My Single game DFS Tix: MVP (1.5x points) Brady; Goff; Woods; White; Everett.

Have a Great Superbowl Sunday, the Draft can't get here soon enough...

Pats 26 Rams 24. Something controversial happens at the end that pisses everyone off. CBS will cut to Gisele 3 times easily covering the 1.5 over. My Single game DFS Tix: MVP (1.5x points) Brady; Goff; Woods; White; Everett.

Have a Great Superbowl Sunday, the Draft can't get here soon enough...

No question that a controversial call will probably irritate millions of people either way it goes. The NFL is getting famous for such things. It’s time to get RID of replay and the excessive delays and hassle it adds to the game. Somehow for like 80 years the league managed to exist and thrive without it. It’s stupid and I’m sick of it.

No question that a controversial call will probably irritate millions of people either way it goes. The NFL is getting famous for such things. Its time to get RID of replay and the excessive delays and hassle it adds to the game. Somehow for like 80 years the league managed to exist and thrive without it. Its stupid and Im sick of it.

I agree, but the networks would need to remove about 50 camera angles from their broadcast to make this work.

Wow terrible call on defenseless receiver.

How they can make that call.....and still sleep at night....staggers the imagination

Wow didn't see that first half coming. Hopefully the Offense shows up eventually...

Belicheck gonna have to save Brady's ass yet again.

Maybe, unless someone else bails him out....its happened before

Phantom offensive holding call was the pivotal play in the game

Phantom offensive holding call was the pivotal play in the game

That seems to be story of every big game in the NFL anymore. Phantom call, or wrong call, or simply, refs cost a team the game. No matter who it is. Me? I just enjoy or hate the game and live with the results. No different than a movie or some other form of entertainment.

Glad it’s over.

Glad I missed watching it, but I did hear some of it on a radio.

Congrats Pats fans, I’m happy to see some one tie the Steelers for the most super wins, now those Pitt fans will disappear for a while.

Thanks.

Congrats to the Pats. This one was all Belicheck. Holding that Rams Team to 3 points amazing. Romo pointing out that the Rams had to change their strategy and not break the huddle till 15 seconds so Belicheck couldn't signal in the defensive call, very poignant. See ya 2018-19 season...

As much as I dislike the Pats, the Rams didnt deserve to be there so I suppose justice was served. I also dislike the Rams, so this was the least Ive ever cared about a SB game. When you add in that both offenses played like garbage you get a garbage game. Still, congrats to the Pats I guess.

The turnover battle in the super bowl ended in a 1-1 tie. Here are the updated numbers:

4. The 21st century Patriots are 4-4 in the playoffs when the turnover battle is a tie. They are 2-4 in their last 6 playoff games when both teams turn the ball over the same number of times. The Goff Rams are 2-1.

7. When the 2018 Patriots won the turnover battle, they were 8-2. When they didn't, they were 6-3. When they lost the turnover battle, they were 3-0!

8. When the 2018 Rams won the turnover battle, they were 7-0. When they didn't, they were 8-4. When they lost the turnover battle, they were 2-2.

The Broncos, Patriots and Steelers have been in about half the super bowls and that hasn't hurt the ratings at all. Its even gotten WORSE this decade and ratings were the highest ever.

And the population increases every year. Of course the number of people watching increased.