Sign in to follow this  
the lone star

Kareem Hunt's True Value & Talent

Forgot about the fact that he lied to the team about the situation.

So he failed twice already.

Thanks.

The fool has said in his heart, There is no God.

Psalm 53:1

God Bless

Amen.

fool

So God calls people "fools". And you condemn them to hell. Nice path you are on. Christianity at it's.best.

Please stop sderk. No one really cares. But the time you are now spending trying to fool everyone is just sad. No one cares that much but it is obvious. You look like more of a loser trying to play your little game. You are a grown man for focks sakes.

You are the same person. You act like it is some puzzle. No it is quite obvious.

Wow.

On 1/22/2019 at 7:11 PM, Gepetto said:

Kareem Hunt was 1st in 2017 in yards gained after contact, so I'd say that's all his talent alone.

Hunt top 10 in elusive running backs http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915072/article/kareem-hunt-dion-lewis-among-10-most-elusive-running-backs

He was 8th in broken tackles in 2018 even missing several games. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/2017/rotopass-broken-tackles

this.....

but it is also worth noting that Andy Reid's Schemes do generally get good production from the RB.    I think Kareem's talent made Reids good scheme look even better.

Keep in mind, this does not take into consideration his off field issues.   I do generally think there will be forgiveness so long as it never happens again.   I think if Hunts name is attached to any other issues of this nature, his days in the NFL will be finished.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:11 PM, Gepetto said:

Kareem Hunt was 1st in 2017 in yards gained after contact, so I'd say that's all his talent alone.

Hunt top 10 in elusive running backs http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915072/article/kareem-hunt-dion-lewis-among-10-most-elusive-running-backs

He was 8th in broken tackles in 2018 even missing several games. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/2017/rotopass-broken-tackles

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

this.....

but it is also worth noting that Andy Reid's Schemes do generally get good production from the RB.    I think Kareem's talent made Reids good scheme look even better.

Keep in mind, this does not take into consideration his off field issues.   I do generally think there will be forgiveness so long as it never happens again.   I think if Hunts name is attached to any other issues of this nature, his days in the NFL will be finished.

Be careful about painting with a broad brush.  As you said, Andy Reid has always been able to generate production from his backfield... by why?  Is it only because he's good at finding the right RB's?  In part, yes, but not completely.  He's always had good offensive lines.  He's always had a "good" (at worst), QB.  He's always had good pass catchers.  Great?  No, but they've always been productive at the very least.  He also has a system/scheme that works and fits the players he drafts.  I'm willing to bet that a lot of those yards created after contact wasn't as hard to get as other RB's.  Meaning?

Meaning, that when teams game plan for the Chiefs (and Eagles back in the day), they had to worry about the receivers/TE, a quality QB, and a really good offensive line.  Getting to Hunt wasn't always easy.  If he has to break a tackle from only one guy or that one guy got a single hand on him due to the blocking and other extenuating circumstances, and ran for 8 yards, then 8 yards gets jotted down as "yards after contact".  Had he been on Tampa with a bad/mistake-prone QB, mediocre to below average OLine, and poor game plan execution, Hunt wouldn't see an arm tackle attempt, he'd see 3 guys in his face and lose 5 yards on that play.

In that link provided by Gepetto is the evidence of my point.  Notice that Dion Lewis is in that group.  What happened to Lewis after he left Belichick and Brady and went to Tennessee?  Why was Lewis not as productive there?  Did he all of a sudden lose his elusiveness?  I don't think so.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 3:45 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

Be careful about painting with a broad brush.  As you said, Andy Reid has always been able to generate production from his backfield... by why?  Is it only because he's good at finding the right RB's?  In part, yes, but not completely.  He's always had good offensive lines.  He's always had a "good" (at worst), QB.  He's always had good pass catchers.  Great?  No, but they've always been productive at the very least.  He also has a system/scheme that works and fits the players he drafts.  I'm willing to bet that a lot of those yards created after contact wasn't as hard to get as other RB's.  Meaning?

Meaning, that when teams game plan for the Chiefs (and Eagles back in the day), they had to worry about the receivers/TE, a quality QB, and a really good offensive line.  Getting to Hunt wasn't always easy.  If he has to break a tackle from only one guy or that one guy got a single hand on him due to the blocking and other extenuating circumstances, and ran for 8 yards, then 8 yards gets jotted down as "yards after contact".  Had he been on Tampa with a bad/mistake-prone QB, mediocre to below average OLine, and poor game plan execution, Hunt wouldn't see an arm tackle attempt, he'd see 3 guys in his face and lose 5 yards on that play.

In that link provided by Gepetto is the evidence of my point.  Notice that Dion Lewis is in that group.  What happened to Lewis after he left Belichick and Brady and went to Tennessee?  Why was Lewis not as productive there?  Did he all of a sudden lose his elusiveness?  I don't think so.

RBs are o-line and system dependent. Unless they are Walter Payton.

On 3/6/2019 at 4:32 AM, sderk said:

RBs are o-line and system dependent. Unless they are Walter Payton.

Jim Brown too. Probably Barry Sanders as well.