Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Happy Football Day- Super Bowl Edition

my wife 36D, says I am crazy, but I can't be the only one who watched the Google commercial and saw that they perfectly placed a person in a red hat, when they said some words divide us.

tell me I am not crazy

31 seconds in

I guess I am like the antiwiff now just going crazy over everything

I thought they called hitting a defenseless receiver? Was the call a shot to the head? I must have missed that.

It is the same rule - you have to have 1. a defenseless player and you have to have 2. prohibited contact. In this case, the receiver was ruled to have been a defenseless player and contact was initiated at the neck or head.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/defenseless-player/

the call was defenseless receiver

The defender is supposed to wait for him to not only make the catch but also turn upfield now? Lol.

Part of why I don't like the Pats is because they run a WR pick on every. Single. Play. They've been doing it for 15 years. Why do the refs never call it? :dunno:

Got any examples from yesterday? Here's one of the Rams running an obvious pick-play that went uncalled;

And another;

And the hat-trick;

You got anything like those for the Patriots? Shouldn't be hard since they do it every. Single. Play. :thumbsup:

The defender is supposed to wait for him to not only make the catch but also turn upfield now? Lol.

No, he can hit him. He just can't go high. This is not new. Has been in place for years.

they let them play I think more than any game I have seen in a while

the first time Aaron Donald got to Brady he slammed him to the ground, after he had already gotten rid of the ball

normally that would have been an easy flag

No, he can hit him. He just can't go high. This is not new. Has been in place for years.

It wasnt helmet to helmet. I will take your word for it that its been a rule for years. I just think its a dumb rule. But thats todays NFL.

It wasnt helmet to helmet. I will take your word for it that its been a rule for years. I just think its a dumb rule. But thats todays NFL.

Doesn't have to be helmet to helmet. This is the one that I think they based it on.

2. Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:

1. forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him

Basically yes......... Good link here. https://brobible.com/sports/article/refs-screw-rams-nickell-robey-colema-helmet-to-helmet-super-bowl/

Burkhead had already caught the ball, and Helmet-to-Helmet was not the called violation... To be defenseless with the ball is another way of saying Burkhead should have been allowed to run.

Think of it as a hunting dog chasing a rabbit..... Dog catches the rabbit - then must let the rabbit go and have a chance to get away before he catches the rabbit for real the next time...

Got any examples from yesterday? Here's one of the Rams running an obvious pick-play that went uncalled;

And another;

And the hat-trick;

You got anything like those for the Patriots? Shouldn't be hard since they do it every. Single. Play. :thumbsup:

he has nothing

Basically yes......... Good link here. https://brobible.com/sports/article/refs-screw-rams-nickell-robey-colema-helmet-to-helmet-super-bowl/

Burkhead had already caught the ball, and Helmet-to-Helmet was not the called violation... To be defenseless with the ball is another way of saying Burkhead should have been allowed to run.

Think of it as a hunting dog chasing a rabbit..... Dog catches the rabbit - then must let the rabbit go and have a chance to get away before he catches the rabbit for real the next time...

That is not true. Read the rule. He is defenseless when he is in the act of making the catch. You can hit him or tackle him. You just can't hit him in any one of these ways:

1. up high

2. with the crown of your helmet

3. launch and hit with the helmet

So I was pissed when Gostkowski missed the FG in the first quarter, had 3-0. Then I was happy he is at the half. Split a box with a friend 4K each. On my own box won 800. Not a bad haul. Had a bunch of Guinness . Was a good day.

So I was pissed when Gostkowski missed the FG in the first quarter, had 3-0. Then I was happy he is at the half. Split a box with a friend 4K each. On my own box won 800. Not a bad haul. Had a bunch of Guinness . Was a good day.

I had zero zero

That is not true. Read the rule. He is defenseless when he is in the act of making the catch. You can hit him or tackle him. You just can't hit him in any one of these ways:

1. up high

2. with the crown of your helmet

3. launch and hit with the helmet

You can argue semantics all day long... That was as clean a football play as you will ever see. This game is for men - period. And that call, rule, whatever - was BS.

I had zero zero

Nice. Did you have it in a 60 minute pool?

You can argue semantics all day long... That was as clean a football play as you will ever see. This game is for men - period. And that call, rule, whatever - was BS.

I already said that I did not agree with the call. All I provided you was what they called and if you look at how the rule is written, it was a penalty according to the ref and the rule. :dunno:

Nice. Did you have it in a 60 minute pool?

No but a friend did - $600 box. $1,000 per minute $15,000 + whatever time FG hit in second quarter.

Crazy.

No but a friend did - $600 box. $1,000 per minute $15,000 + whatever time FG hit.

Crazy.

Wow. Good for him.

Wow. Good for him.

I wasnt hanging out with him. I just kept getting his anxious texts (group chat).

he has nothing

Had to hear this same sh!t after the Chiefs game when the Chiefs set up the go ahead TD with about as egregious a pick play as you'll ever see.

my wife 36D, says I am crazy, but I can't be the only one who watched the Google commercial and saw that they perfectly placed a person in a red hat, when they said some words divide us.

tell me I am not crazy

31 seconds in

I'ld say its a reach

I'ld say its a reach

Around?

Also, did everyone say their good-byes to RLLD? He's probably gone "travelling" again. :lol:

Also, did everyone say their good-byes to RLLD? He's probably gone "travelling" again. :lol:

Flacco > Brady

This was pretty much the same group of NE Defensive Players that couldn't stop anyone last year including Foles.

Except Matt Patricia is gone to DET and Hightower was healthy for the SB.

Is Hightower that good? Was Patricia that bad?

how does essentially the same group of players go from being swiss cheese to the defensive juggernaut that stopped KC and demolished LA?

The Chiefs Hung 31 on them basically in the second half. Goff was horrible. Bad Eli horrible. I think I'll chalk up that defensive effort to the quality of the opponent.

This was pretty much the same group of NE Defensive Players that couldn't stop anyone last year including Foles.

Except Matt Patricia is gone to DET and Hightower was healthy for the SB.

Is Hightower that good? Was Patricia that bad?

how does essentially the same group of players go from being swiss cheese to the defensive juggernaut that stopped KC and demolished LA?

Malcolm in the middle Butler

It's officially The End of Days. I am now glad Pats won. Somebody hold me. :cry:

Talk about conflict of interests in his locker! Gillette VS MAGA.

Ratings down. Not surprised.

Bigly.

Rams have no fans. lowest scoring game ever,. 3 years in a row for pats

did you hear that place last night? Pathetic. Was like a home game for the Pats. They have 2 teams in LA :lol:

And another;

And the hat-trick;

Three series of highlight clips? Thanks for posting; I'm at work but can look for a video of the game if you'd like.

Also the first play of the last clip is a great example of my other point -- the Pats are extremely well-trained at PI which inexplicably doesn't get called. :thumbsup:

Bigly.

Rams have no fans. lowest scoring game ever,. 3 years in a row for pats

did you hear that place last night? Pathetic. Was like a home game for the Pats. They have 2 teams in LA :lol:

Thatvhad to be the easiest super bowl to get tickets to. No one wants to go to Atlanta . Ray Lewis and his boys might stab you up.

Thatvhad to be the easiest super bowl to get tickets to. No one wants to go to Atlanta . Ray Lewis and his boys might stab you up.

I heard yesterday morning, there were upwards of 1600 tix for sale. Sad.

I heard yesterday morning, there were upwards of 1600 tix for sale. Sad.

Wow. Good for the Pats fans showing up.

the Pats are extremely well-trained at PI which inexplicably doesn't get called.

wait. wait... so... they're so well trained at committing penalties that the refs don't even know they're committing penalties? that's what you're going with here? :lol:

Place I was at had 200+ people- 2 rooting for Patriots