Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

Cool stuff on Netflix.

I thought I'd start a thread we could keep going, rahter than a bunch of new ones.

When I'm in a new country, I like to flip through their tv. Just see what it's like.

Here in Israel, I discovered a cool show, and its on Netflix. The audio is in Hebrew and Arabic, but there are English subs.

It's called Fauda. It's about an Israeli Counter Terrorist Unit fighting with Hammas terrorists. It's pretty cool, if you like shootouts and bombs and such.

Some hot chicks, but they don't get nekkid. 

So its the Jewish version of the A Team?🔯

40 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

So its the Jewish version of the A Team?🔯

Sorta. It's well done. There is a regular set of characters on each side. Good action. Some back stories, Thai one focking that one sort of thing.

Basically the Israeli Defense Forces got a bunch of guys who can pass for Arabs to do undercover work. That kinda thing. 

Here's a Netflix warning:

Do NOT waste your time on that IO movie.  Wife and I started watching it last night and turned it off after about 35 mins as it is boring as fock.  Save yourselves the misery. 

Mentioned this in the other Netflix thread and it certainly isn't great, but if you like Mafia shows there is one from Canada called Bad Blood....a little cheesy imo, but not too bad...I watched the whole thing, can't remember 6 or 8 episodes.  I guess sorta based on a true story about the mafia in Canada. Stars Kim Coates (Tig from SoA)

56 minutes ago, DonS said:

Do NOT waste your time on that IO movie.  Wife and I started watching it last night and turned it off after about 35 mins as it is boring as fock.  Save yourselves the misery. 

I figured that from the previews. The damn previews were boring, which tells me the rest is even worse.

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I thought I'd start a thread we could keep going, rahter than a bunch of new ones.

When I'm in a new country, I like to flip through their tv. Just see what it's like.

Here in Israel, I discovered a cool show, and its on Netflix. The audio is in Hebrew and Arabic, but there are English subs.

It's called Fauda. It's about an Israeli Counter Terrorist Unit fighting with Hammas terrorists. It's pretty cool, if you like shootouts and bombs and such.

Some hot chicks, but they don't get nekkid. 

Well, that eliminates it from all of my "must watch" lists.  ;)

I'm almost done with Bundy, then I am going to mve on to some other serial killer or something similar. Practice

28 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Shameless is funny when you go to walmart and its like a casting call.

I watched maybe 12 minutes of the 1st episode. Was terrible. I hate that sh1t

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Didn't we mention Emmy Rossum not being shy about getting nekkid?? 

9 minutes ago, DonS said:

Didn't we mention Emmy Rossum not being shy about getting nekkid?? 

Search Emmy Rossum naked shameless on the tube or hub and you can see her highlight reel.

Sexy body and likes to moan.

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Well, that eliminates it from all of my "must watch" lists.  ;)

Sex Education is worth watching just for the opening scene, if you like giant breasts.

3 minutes ago, SenatorRock said:

Sex Education is worth watching just for the opening scene, if you like giant breasts.

Agreed, but then later in the show when she has clothes on you all of a sudden notice her butter face and crazy teeth. 

I enjoyed the show. They toned down the nudity midway through but by then the storyline is more developed. Those that get their panties in a bunch over some gay stuff may want to steer clear, though, as one of the characters is gay and there's a case of two moms. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

I'm almost done with Bundy, then I am going to mve on to some other serial killer or something similar. Practice

"What makes a psychopath" BBC doc, not bad imo... Watching/listening while I work now, almost done.

1 minute ago, kutulu said:

"What makes a psychopath" BBC doc, not bad imo... Watching/listening while I work now, almost done.

Any good pointers? Asking for a friend. :ninja:

1 hour ago, kutulu said:

Get Shorty (TV show) only season one on Netflix as of now

Season two is on paramount or something.  But yeah, this is a good show.

20 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Season two is on paramount or something.  But yeah, this is a good show.

Epix I think

6 hours ago, DonS said:

100% agree with this.  IO was focking terrible.  I fell asleep after about 25 minutes.

Murder Mountain about the darkest (well hopefully it's the darkest) side of the marijuana industry in Humboldt Co. California is pretty engrossing. Bonus of beautiful haunting scenery beautifully captured.

Polor its based on a comic but don't hold that against it. Sindy has huge talents (around the 1 hour mark) and the movie is not bad either.

On 2/7/2019 at 12:27 PM, edjr said:

Remind you of your childhood huh?

On 2/7/2019 at 1:52 PM, DonS said:

Agreed, but then later in the show when she has clothes on you all of a sudden notice her butter face and crazy teeth. 

I enjoyed the show. They toned down the nudity midway through but by then the storyline is more developed. Those that get their panties in a bunch over some gay stuff may want to steer clear, though, as one of the characters is gay and there's a case of two moms. 

I watched first episode last night - Yes was surprised at opening scene - happily surprised. 

I cant get past the British accents. I might give it one more shot. 

On 2/9/2019 at 8:31 PM, Super Cubs said:

Polor its based on a comic but don't hold that against it. Sindy has huge talents (around the 1 hour mark) and the movie is not bad either.

Fun movie. :doublethumbsup:

• Like 1

Not on Netflix, but my wife and I just finished Dirty John on Bravo.  It's based on the true story of this husband, wife and daughters.  Pretty twisted. 

He claimed to be anesthesiologist, claimed to serve in Iraq, lied and conned his way through life.  Shades of digby stuff.  

I guess there's also a podcast about the whole ordeal.

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Not on Netflix, but my wife and I just finished Dirty John on Bravo.  It's based on the true story of this husband, wife and daughters.  Pretty twisted. 

He claimed to be anesthesiologist, claimed to serve in Iraq, lied and conned his way through life.  Shades of digby stuff.  

I guess there's also a podcast about the whole ordeal.

I listened to the podcast. This guy was pretty crazy. The lady he conned was a  complete moron.

On 2/10/2019 at 12:36 PM, shotsup said:

I watched first episode last night - Yes was surprised at opening scene - happily surprised. 

I cant get past the British accents. I might give it one more shot. 

Glad I gave it a second chance as the show really took a turn from raunchy to real life stuff. 

Like American Pie slept with This is Us

(I’m guessing I never saw this is us but I hear a lot about it)

3 minutes ago, shotsup said:

Glad I gave it a second chance as the show really took a turn from raunchy to real life stuff. 

Like American Pie slept with This is Us

(I’m guessing I never saw this is us but I hear a lot about it)

The geeky skinny girl has surprisingly nice t1ts. 

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Black Earth Rising is interesting as far as conspiracy shows go. I think it could have been great had it been done a bit better

Ive been in bed with the flu since Saturday, so i watched the entire series. It was good, but slow. Probably couldve been a few episodes shorter. The main actress, Kate, was mostly good  but sometimes a bit oved the top.

19 minutes ago, DonS said:

The geeky skinny girl has surprisingly nice t1ts. 

This is true. That scene was predictable 

Watched 13th on Netflix, about racial inequality and mass incarceration. Pretty decent, although like most documentaries leaves out or skews some facts to support it's argument. Most here won't like it, but maybe you should watch to get a different point of view and then do some independent research after.

Abducted in Plain Sight