Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

Chinese company buying out reddit?

Recommended Posts

I’ve already almost deleted Reddit numerous times and this would just make it easier to do that. Seems like Reddits full of a bunch broke a$$ pedos. Except for the T_D of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 10:23 AM, iam90sbaby said:

I Reddits full of a bunch broke a$$ pedos.  

hello, kettle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My general take is that the internet should be governed by the first and fourth amendment of the US Constitution. Since so many US tech giants don't want to protect individual free speech rights or privacy laws, doing the opposite of censoring and banning as per their PC grievance nursing ultra-leftist culture, it's hard to get upset when Chinese firms are active on the internet.

Now, I don't use reddit to speak knowledgeably about it. If they have an open internet culture there that changes with heavy handed censorship takes over there, hopefully folks migrate to other sites that promote and protect free speech like so many of us who fled here from Joe's FBG over the years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

My general take is that the internet should be governed by the first and fourth amendment of the US Constitution. Since so many US tech giants don't want to protect individual free speech rights or privacy laws, doing the opposite of censoring and banning as per their PC grievance nursing ultra-leftist culture, it's hard to get upset when Chinese firms are active on the internet.

Not defending the banning but why should a private company be governed by the 1st and 4th amendments while providing what is most likely a free service? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MDC said:

Not defending the banning but why should a private company be governed by the 1st and 4th amendments while providing what is most likely a free service? 

I almost reported your post rather than reply as I still have to get use to the new format. It was a particularly amusing error considering the topic.

Well, I suppose they have to make money so if you willingly go in there knowing all your personal information is being combed over by computer algorythms and sold to third party advertisers, and that's why the service can be/is provided free, then go ahead. A lot of people are shocked by this. I have an ad blocker on my browser to make pages load quicker but I leave it off at FFT because I want Mike to make half pennies at a time every time I click on something. So maybe be up front in the user agreement that your fourth amendment rights are being waived instead of buried by scrolling down 2/3 of the way from the bottom in the the massive walls after walls of legalese text in the terms of service agreement that nobody reads.

And i also suppose that if people like filtered and censored content like they do at twitter and facebook and FBG, well, that's their prerogative as well. FBG Joe is a natural born, first rate, candy ass weenie. Are Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg too, cetainly seems like but I dunno They sure do bend over backwards to accommodate the crybullies. There's various tools they use such as censor, or bury your info to make it impossible to find, or steer people towards approved PC content when searching for things.

But some people don't appreciate being treated like that and they are looking for other outlets where free speech reigns. And when those needs aren't met at the sites run by censors, they'll go elsewhere. The problem then occurs when few big companies control the market however and collaborate with ISPs and payment processors to shut down rival start up small sites that compete with them and so it's not actually a marketplace of ideas but a monopoly of a few firms working hand in hand to stop out free speech rivals as what happens all the time for those looking to take on the heavily censored giants who made the business decision they only want the internet to have leftist cultural values and get angry when people try to get out from their heavy hand.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I almost reported your post rather than reply as I still have to get use to the new format. It was a particularly amusing error considering the topic.

Well, I suppose they have to make money so if you willingly go in there knowing all your personal information is being combed over by computer algorythms and sold to third party advertisers, and that's why the service can be/is provided free, then go ahead. A lot of people are shocked by this. I have an ad blocker on my browser to make pages load quicker but I leave it off at FFT because I want Mike to make half pennies at a time every time I click on something. So maybe be up front in the user agreement that your fourth amendment rights are being waived instead of buried by scrolling down 2/3 of the way from the bottom in the the massive walls after walls of legalese text in the terms of service agreement that nobody reads.

And i also suppose that if people like filtered and censored content like they do at twitter and facebook and FBG, well, that's their prerogative as well. FBG Joe is a natural born, first rate, candy ass weenie. Are Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg too, cetainly seems like but I dunno They sure do bend over backwards to accommodate the crybullies. There's various tools they use such as censor, or bury your info to make it impossible to find, or steer people towards approved PC content when searching for things.

But some people don't appreciate being treated like that and they are looking for other outlets where free speech reigns. And when those needs aren't met at the sites run by censors, they'll go elsewhere. The problem then occurs when few big companies control the market however and collaborate with ISPs and payment processors to shut down rival start up small sites that compete with them and so it's not actually a marketplace of ideas but a monopoly of a few firms working hand in hand to stop out free speech rivals as what happens all the time for those looking to take on the heavily censored giants who made the business decision they only want the internet to have leftist cultural values and get angry when people try to get out from their heavy hand.

In the past 15+ years the government has declared its right to read your emails, listen to your phone conversations, and kidnap / imprison / torture even it’s own citizens, the current POTUS routinely attacks the free press and cheers on assault or protestors and reporters, and the hill you want to die on is ... Adam Jones “right” to post his content on YouTube?

I agree that YouTube et al are making a mistake wading into the debate but it seems to me some of the crybullies on the right have seriously focked up priorities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring back r/fatpeoplehate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×