Sign in to follow this  
MDC

My company had “active shooter training” last month.

Two cops from the township conducted it. They offered some stats on mass shootings (demographics, where they occur, how long they’re planned etc.) that we’re interesting but not really useful. Then they talked about ways to survive a mass shooting that were so elementary you would be retarded if you didn’t know it. For example barricade the door and find a weapon. No kidding.

The kicker is this week my company decided to lock the glass office doors so they’re only accessible with a key card specifically in response to this training. We are on a high floor. No shooter is going up 10+ flights of stairs to shoot up a random office. And no shooter targeting the company is going to come up, realize the door is locked and go somewhere else.

We could have used this hour to learn basic CPR or how to use a defrobrulator. Instead we had a class on how to dodge lightning. Now everyone is inconvenienced all the time for what amounts to a pet rock.

Just has to share my Wiffleball type thoughts.

1 minute ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Props to McDonald's for being proactive. Did you hide behind or in the lettuce?

In a giant pile of it breathing through a bendy straw of course.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Two cops from the township conducted it. They offered some stats on mass shootings (demographics, where they occur, how long they’re planned etc.) that we’re interesting but not really useful. Then they talked about ways to survive a mass shooting that were so elementary you would be retarded if you didn’t know it. For example barricade the door and find a weapon. No kidding.

The kicker is this week my company decided to lock the glass office doors so they’re only accessible with a key card specifically in response to this training. We are on a high floor. No shooter is going up 10+ flights of stairs to shoot up a random office. And no shooter targeting the company is going to come up, realize the door is locked and go somewhere else.

We could have used this hour to learn basic CPR or how to use a defrobrulator. Instead we had a class on how to dodge lightning. Now everyone is inconvenienced all the time for what amounts to a pet rock.

I'm sure a locked glass door will stop any trouble. It's not like a crazed gunman has a readily available way to break glass or anything. 

Just now, MDC said:

In a giant pile of it breathing through a bendy straw of course.

Plastic? You focking savage. Why don't you just blowtorch an ice shelf while you're at it?!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Plastic? You focking savage. Why don't you just blowtorch an ice shelf while you're at it?!!!

I just hope he's brewing the coffee from urine he kept in sunlight now. 

1. Was the shooter a Muslim, White Nationalist, disgruntled employee, or jilted lover?

2. Were there any "good guys with guns"?

3. Where is your building? These drills seem to always precede an actual mass shooting, I'd like to know where to avoid. 

4. Speaking of which, I hope you are not the designated patsy. Maybe Mike should delete your post history.

49 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I am surprised that the first step wasn't to send you to the front door to take the first bullet.  :o

They should practice this.  Practice makes perfect.  :thumbsup:

I can't wait til your Locked out of my office, left key card at home :mad:  thread.

They can see me through the glass.  Sonsabitches...

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I am surprised that the first step wasn't to send you to the front door to take the first bullet.  :o

If they did that who would have made the coffee?

See that's weird. Because we had passive-aggressive shooter training? It fuucking sucks. Because it's like half an hour later and you're just walking around and then you realize you've been shot.

...Son of a...!

The locked door will do nothing, if the active shooter is targeting your company specifically.  They will either piggy-back in after someone else scans, or they will take someone's card.

It is a stupid overreaction.

Our command goes all out. We have crisis actors simulated active shooter, lock down procedures, simulated terrorist attacks and in the afternoon we get to go home early using our emergency release plan. 

I try to be TDY for that week focking sh1t show

5 hours ago, MDC said:

Then they talked about ways to survive a mass shooting that were so elementary you would be retarded if you didn’t know it. 

In law enforcement active shooter training, youre tought to deal with those retards.  For you and Im sure most here in the GC, those defensive tactics seem common sense.  Its unbelievable to hear survivor interviews and 911 tapes of people who do absolutely nothing.  They literally lay there and wait to die.  They lack the mental capacity to pull off anything to help them survive.

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

In law enforcement active shooter training, youre tought to deal with those retards.  For you and Im sure most here in the GC, those defensive tactics seem common sense.  Its unbelievable to hear survivor interviews and 911 tapes of people who do absolutely nothing.  They literally lay there and wait to die.  They lack the mental capacity to pull off anything to help them survive.

According to the PowerPoint presentation you’re supposed to run, hide and/or fight. Find a sturdy door with a strong interior lock, set up a barricade and find an improvised weapon. They recommended a nice heavy paperweight. I’ve got a solid glass one the size of a small grapefruit on my desk.

I think most people were going to do this in an active shooting situation anyway. The people who were going to freeze and die will do that even after watching a presentation. Mostly my ass is chapped about having to carry a key card every time I take a piss because some old biddy is scared of an active shooter. 

How can people go through life worrying about this ?

44 minutes ago, MDC said:

According to the PowerPoint presentation you’re supposed to run, hide and/or fight. Find a sturdy door with a strong interior lock, set up a barricade and find an improvised weapon. They recommended a nice heavy paperweight. I’ve got a solid glass one the size of a small grapefruit on my desk.

I think most people were going to do this in an active shooting situation anyway. The people who were going to freeze and die will do that even after watching a presentation. Mostly my ass is chapped about having to carry a key card every time I take a piss because some old biddy is scared of an active shooter. 

How can people go through life worrying about this ?

Im sure its all written into a corporate safety plan.  Theyre checking a box.  They perceive a reduced liability if this ever happens and they can say "we taught them to survive!  We cant help they died"!

• Like 1

Find a weapon means grab your own gun.  Conceal and carry saves lives. :bandana:

16 hours ago, MDC said:

Just make sure you unplug the coffee pot. 

16 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The cops wouldn't know this but his coworkers have already planned that at this point I'm sure.