Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Tom Ricketts: Father's 'racially insensitive' email exchanges not reflective of Cubs' culture

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25927331/chicago-cubs-respond-joe-ricketts-racially-insensitive-email-exchanges

Chicago Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts on Monday distanced himself from what he called "racially insensitive" email exchanges involving his father, Joe Ricketts, after they were publicly leaked by splinternews.com.

"We are aware of the racially insensitive emails in my father's account that were published by an online media outlet," Tom Ricketts said in a statement Monday. "Let me be clear: The language and views expressed in those emails have no place in our society.

So let me get this straight. Tom Ricketts has a job. His father had some "racially insensitive" emails in his account and some media hacked in (or somehow got hold of them for some reason) and now called out the son because of this? And now Tom Ricketts has to answer to it with respect to how it affects the Cubs organization? WTF? Hillary can fvcking put the nation at risk with her emails and the left thinks it's no big deal, but some dude's dad replies to a Polish or Mexican joke or something and the Cubs need to be brought to their knees because the son works for them.

Our country is spiraling out of control.

15 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Its all about the "gotcha".  Noone is safe.  This NASCAR driver lost his sponsor for his Dad using the "N" word back in the 80s. 

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nascar-auto-racing/thatsracin/article217540295.html

Holy fvck. How does this even happen? The public is treating people who said a bad work 35 years ago like they were part of Hilter's SS.

"Conor Daly drives for Roush Fenway Racing in NASCAR’s Xfinity series.

His father, Derek Daly, was fired as a longtime racing analyst for WISH-TV after acknowledging that he used a racially derogatory phrase in the early 1980s , the Indianapolis Star reported. Daly told the Star he’d moved from Ireland at the time and never realized the expression was a racial slur."

Joe Ricketts is an owner of the Cubs and Tom is a Chairman - of course he has to comment on it. And nobody seems to be calling Tom out for it. 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Joe Ricketts is an owner of the Cubs and Tom is a Chairman - of course he has to comment on it. And nobody seems to be calling Tom out for it. 

What is the crime committed other than some fvck reporter grabbing his personal emails? 

I bet Ricketts has done more for the Chicago community than you have ever done for anything in your life for anyone.

8 minutes ago, sderk said:

What is the crime committed other than some fvck reporter grabbing his personal emails? 

I bet Ricketts has done more for the Chicago community than you have ever done for anything in your life for anyone.

Just explaining to you why the chairman of the Cubs is responding to emails his dad sent. His dad is the owner. You’re really surprised and outraged that Tom had to issue a statement?

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Just explaining to you why the chairman of the Cubs is responding to emails his dad sent. His dad is the owner. You’re really surprised and outraged that Tom had to issue a statement?

Yeah. I am. Should people be questioned about their private lives if they aren't committing crimes? If I tell a joke, and ask, how many "fill in the blank" does it take to screw in a light bulb, with the answer being "3, one to hold the bulb and 2 to turn the ladder",  is that a big deal in your world?  

2 hours ago, sderk said:

Holy fvck. How does this even happen? The public is treating people who said a bad work 35 years ago like they were part of Hilter's SS.

"Conor Daly drives for Roush Fenway Racing in NASCAR’s Xfinity series.

His father, Derek Daly, was fired as a longtime racing analyst for WISH-TV after acknowledging that he used a racially derogatory phrase in the early 1980s , the Indianapolis Star reported. Daly told the Star he’d moved from Ireland at the time and never realized the expression was a racial slur."

And what about this dude? Is this called for?

Who and who's dad, and who are the idiots that actually complain and who are the idiots that report this garbage.

9 minutes ago, sderk said:

Yeah. I am. Should people be questioned about their private lives if they aren't committing crimes? If I tell a joke, and ask, how many "fill in the blank" does it take to screw in a light bulb, with the answer being "3, one to hold the bulb and 2 to turn the ladder",  is that a big deal in your world?  

You’re a nobody. This guy is the billionaire owner of a sports franchise. It shouldn’t have been leaked but it was. Of course the team has to comment on it.

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

You’re a nobody. This guy is the billionaire owner of a sports franchise. It shouldn’t have been leaked but it was. Of course the team has to comment on it.

If I commit a crime, the court doesn't say, "You're a nobody. Go home."

Ricketts is not a "somebody" because he is part owner of a baseball team. I don't own, but I manage people in a company that has nearly 450,000 employees world wide. It's a job just like many folks have. 

Noone should have to answer to what they say privately unless they are being criminally investigated for a crime. And even then relevence is required. This is just a bunch of trash in the court of public opinion. A social media wasteland of armchair sociologists and politicians.

4 minutes ago, sderk said:

If I commit a crime, the court doesn't say, "You're a nobody. Go home."

Ricketts is not a "somebody" because he is part owner of a baseball team. I don't own, but I manage people in a company that has nearly 450,000 employees world wide. It's a job just like many folks have. 

Noone should have to answer to what they say privately unless they are being criminally investigated for a crime. And even then relevence is required. This is just a bunch of trash in the court of public opinion. A social media wasteland of armchair sociologists and politicians.

You keep talking about crimes. Ricketts isn’t under arrest. And he and the Cubs didn’t / don’t have to address this at all. I am not sure what you’re butthurt about. 

WTF does "racially insensitive" mean, exactly? Is it racist or not? Who gives a sh!t about "insensitive"?

2 hours ago, 5-Points said:

WTF does "racially insensitive" mean, exactly? Is it racist or not? Who gives a sh!t about "insensitive"?

Seriously. Who are all these sensitive people (aside from MDC), and how are they hurt?

2 hours ago, Bishop82 said:

As a White Sox fan, 

I endorse this witch Hunt.

Damn you.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, sderk said:

Seriously. Who are all these sensitive people (aside from MDC), and how are they hurt?

Seems like you’re the one triggered here. 

18 minutes ago, MDC said:

Seems like you’re the one triggered here. 

So in your mind, every time someone posts something stating they disagree with whatever, they are being triggered? How many posts do you have on this site? 56,576?

2 hours ago, sderk said:

So in your mind, every time someone posts something stating they disagree with whatever, they are being triggered? 

Only when they’re outraged that a team chairman is “forced” to issue a statement cause the billionaire owner said stuff that could potentially hurt the bottom line. This is really the victim you’re going to bat for?

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

Only when they’re outraged that a team chairman is “forced” to issue a statement cause the billionaire owner said stuff that could potentially hurt the bottom line. This is really the victim you’re going to bat for?

Honestly, I don't look at people's bank accounts when talking about them being criticized or not criticized for what they say or don't say. Especially when they are in the entertainment industry.

I'm just saying why dig into their personal lives for garbage that means nothing.

I have made jokes about Germans even though I have a German heritage. So what?