Sign in to follow this  
LotsOfMonkeys

2019?

How many teams do we need to find replacements for?

Ok- looks like it’s almost go time. And Time for my 20 questions.

looks like the draft starts Monday August 19 and I’m the first pick?

Twin Peaks looks like it’s set with Old Maid as the owner- I think I can get logged in and change owner- Q- any problem with me changing the Team Name since I don’t have man boobs?

How do I get my players off IR? Is it self explanatory once I log in and get to the IR tab?

when do I need to drop the bums I don’t want?

I’m actually kinda pumped about this league this year. Planning to win more than one game. 

OS

I set up the rosters for the 2019 site. We'll only use MFL to draft this year, after that probably yahoo.

I've taken a while to get going this year again and am doing this just as I'm heading out the door on vacation so most Qs will be on hold for a few days. My sign in stuff was recorded on my old laptop but I'm using the new one and needed to get signed in on this one since I'd forgotten the password. So that should be OK. I can do this on vacation; it's less work than it looks. The draft starts on the Monday after the second to last week of preseason. Roster cutdown is the Thursday of the week before.

The draft order has not been set up and likely is not correct but it'll be the inverse order of however we finished last year: W/L then total points.

Right now I need a head count to see how close we are to 14.

draft is tomorrow, everyone drop their expendables.

maybe a group pm?

or delay the draft til everyone checks in.

1 hour ago, taco breath said:

draft is tomorrow, everyone drop their expendables.

maybe a group pm?

Isn't it next week (4th week of preseason games including HOF game)?  That would make cutdown day this upcoming Thursday.

four teams have not checked into the 2019 site... Hot Dog, Reefer Madness, Dr. Strangelove and Clerks.

I'm not worried about MtSkibum and 90sbaby, they are active in both this thread and in the Geek Club.

Who I am worried about is shotsup(Reefer Madness). Shotsup has fallen off the side of the planet. He'd been a regular poster for years in the Geek Club then one day *poof* he disappeared, he's been gone for months and football season hasn't brought him back. I've been preparing mentally that he'll need replacing and it looks like that time is here. 

Meanwhile, TheErosion (Dr. Strangelove) is harder to figure. I can't get a pulse on him seeing as he never posts during the offseason but other than one minor blip, he's been reliable and regularly shows up when things start moving.

I think what I'll do is I'll advertise shotsup's opening and buy a bit more time for TheErosion but he's in jeopardy now.

So I finally looked at the NFL schedule. That Tuesday after the Steelers/Titans 3rd preseason game.... August 27... we can start the draft then. That means cutdowns are due the Thursday before... call that August 22nd.

Now I'm deep in vacation mode and for the last few weeks, couldn't tell you if today was a Wednesday or a Saturday or what the date is but I did see that Monday August 19 preseason games have been played and the Tuesday the 20th game has not. Which means that time has snuck up on me and I can't wait on the Erosion after all. Good grief I need to get in gear now. Today is my first slow day since I've been in Thailand. I was going to catch up on the news, I suppose I should make a few posts first.

FWIW theerosion was absent for most of the latter 2/3 of the season last year. I sent him several trade offers that were never responded to and I dont believe he set a lineup after week 4or 5. 

So I wouldn't wait too long for him. 

1 hour ago, LotsOfMonkeys said:

FWIW theerosion was absent for most of the latter 2/3 of the season last year. I sent him several trade offers that were never responded to and I dont believe he set a lineup after week 4or 5. 

So I wouldn't wait too long for him. 

Oh good grief..... I'm not 1/10th as shark as I use to be otherwise I would have caught that a week or three in.

Victor Victoria Victor Victoria

12‑3‑0 .800 0.0 W4 2270.38 133.6 1725.46 115.0
Boondock Saints Boondock Saints 11‑3‑0 .786 0.5 L1 2207.38 129.8 1523.20 108.8
Pulp Fiction Pulp Fiction 10‑5‑0 .667 2.0 L1 2088.00 122.8 1749.12 116.6
Donnie Darko Donnie Darko 9‑5‑0 .643 2.5 L1 2020.94 118.9 1580.62 112.9
Firefly Firefly 8‑5‑0 .615 3.0 W2 1928.36 113.4 1409.74 108.4
Hot Dog the Movie Hot Dog the Movie 8‑5‑0 .615 3.0 L1 1903.40 112.0 1446.22 111.2
Tommy Boy Tommy Boy 6‑7‑0 .462 5.0 W1 2044.94 120.3 1519.10 116.9
Clerks Clerks 6‑7‑0 .462 5.0 L1 1976.22 116.2 1491.78 114.8
Top Gun Top Gun 5‑8‑0 .385 6.0 W3 1914.44 112.6 1477.28 113.6
Maltese Falcons Maltese Falcons 5‑8‑0 .385 6.0 W1 1840.68 108.3 1557.96 119.8
Reefer Madness 5‑8‑0 .385 6.0 L2 1521.00 89.5 1462.80 112.5
Dr Strangelove Dr Strangelove 4‑9‑0 .308 7.0 L4 1552.00 91.3 1543.22 118.7
Deep Throat Deep Throat 4‑9‑0 .308 7.0 L5 1520.60 89.4 1366.88 105.1
Twin Peaks Twin Peaks 1‑12‑0 .077 10.0 L3 1540.56 90.6 1684.52

So this is the order of finish as the site has it last year but not the official draft order. Those scoring numbers changed between week 13 and week 17 and playoff elimination order affects draft as well. I'll need time to straighten it to recreate where we were after week 13 for the first eight picks and then each week of playoffs adds teams 9/10, 11/12, 13/14

So this is the order of finish as the site has it last year but not the official draft order. I have yet to enter it. Those scoring numbers changed between week 13 and week 17 and playoff elimination order affects draft as well. I'll need time to straighten it to recreate where we were after week 13 for the first eight picks and then each week of playoffs adds teams 9/10, 11/12, 13/14

I'll get to it when I have time soon. I've made a post to try to recruit new owners for Reefer Madness and Dr. Strangelove.

I've set the draft order. It ought to be worst to first for the eight non playoff teams, then 2+2+2 depending on how far the playoff teams advanced, lower seed going before higher seed each round.

And BOOM goes the dynamite.....

August 27th is the draft? Did we ever figure out what platform we are using for the season and do you need any help?

Everyone should go to For Owners/Franchise Setup/Customize and choose yes to Display League Reminders. This will alert you on the leagues front page if someone sends you a trade. You'll get some other messages too that are annoying but at least if you have an interest  in trading you will see incoming offers and the status of your outgoing offers without having to go looking for the Trade Module, which is hidden on League Tabs/Team Management. Out if sight out of mind I think. 

6 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

August 27th is the draft? Did we ever figure out what platform we are using for the season and do you need any help?

The only one I know is yahoo and when I floated the idea, nobody objected. I know Gary (gocolts) hates yahoo and was very vocal about not wanting to go there a few years back, but Gary is no longer in the league.

He never posts anymore and I miss him, but at least with him we know his life situation was really improving and then he checked in with us a few months back. Shotsup went from fully active/normal, posting nearly every day for years on end, to just stopped posting cold one day without a goodbye which lends itself to bad speculation. 

I infer that this is a rookie draft?  Or do you hold like 3 rounds for rooks, then open to vets as well?

Might consider using the mocking forum.....if its a short draft...

I paid 90 focking dollars for this league, next year someone else better pitch in.

I am not changing sites.

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I paid 90 focking dollars for this league, next year someone else better pitch in.

I am not changing sites.

Thank you 

thank you.

VV traded 2019 2.14 to darko. 

its not showing up on mfl.  perhaps there are others missing.

14 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am not changing sites.

If you DM me your PayPal, I’ll send you some money to help out. I’m a plank member, and have pitched in before. 

Let me know. 

7 hours ago, taco breath said:

VV traded 2019 2.14 to darko. 

its not showing up on mfl.  perhaps there are others missing.

OK, taken care of. Thanks for being upstanding on it. To make it go, I had to exchange something  in return so I gave you a 9th rounder that likely neither team will want/use.

10 hours ago, TheBlade said:

If you DM me your PayPal, I’ll send you some money to help out. I’m a plank member, and have pitched in before. 

Let me know. 

I got it, i read my post again. I am not angry that I had to pay it. I just think it is a rip-off, 90 dollars for a website that looks like it is straight out of the aol-geocity days.

I have all my other leagues on mfl and refuse to switch.

I'm here

One more worry, a bit, is that WW (Boondock Saints) hasn't been around in either this thread or at MFL for a couple of weeks. MFL keeps track of your last visit. With peenie checking in at MFL earlier today, all the other thirteen team has a timestamp in the last 48 hours other than him.

22 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I got it, i read my post again. I am not angry that I had to pay it. I just think it is a rip-off, 90 dollars for a website that looks like it is straight out of the aol-geocity days.

I have all my other leagues on mfl and refuse to switch.

I became acquainted with them in 1998 or 1999 and the look and feel of the site hasn't much changed in that time. Being a tech idiot, I have no insight on how to improve it but the levers, knobs,  and pullies in the commish area at least are idiot-proof if I can figure them out somewhat decently. 

I think though the trade notification should be featured more prominatly on the main page. So maybe James (90sbaby/Clerks) who has the commish password and does tech stuff for a living can go in there and mix things around and give us a 2019 overhaul (if you read this and have time).

As for skibum, thanks again for covering the cost. Originally we were going to be 28 teams with two conferences with two copies of each player and only a versatile site like MFL can accommodate that setup. The second conference fell apart though and so the necessity of staying at MFL dried up after that but we stayed on. For one year, the year nzoner (Toga! Toga!) won, we'd played at yahoo but people didn't like it and we'd returned to MFL the following year.

There's an earlybird special to pay at MFL, but we never wind up getting it. Before June 1st save $20 and before August 1st save $10 and we always pay last minute and never wind up saving anything.

23 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

One more worry, a bit, is that WW (Boondock Saints) hasn't been around in either this thread or at MFL for a couple of weeks. MFL keeps track of your last visit. With peenie checking in at MFL earlier today, all the other thirteen team has a timestamp in the last 48 hours other than him.

I am in another draft with him and he is making picks. I will message him there.

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am in another draft with him and he is making picks. I will message him there.

Good. Thanks. 

I'm here 

What time is the draft on 8/27

Thanks mtskibum

If you need any donation

Jlmk

On 8/23/2019 at 10:14 AM, Voltaire said:

Give him the weekend and if he doesn’t show up we should start looking for a replacement?

On 8/23/2019 at 10:31 AM, Voltaire said:

I became acquainted with them in 1998 or 1999 and the look and feel of the site hasn't much changed in that time. Being a tech idiot, I have no insight on how to improve it but the levers, knobs,  and pullies in the commish area at least are idiot-proof if I can figure them out somewhat decently. 

I think though the trade notification should be featured more prominatly on the main page. So maybe James (90sbaby/Clerks) who has the commish password and does tech stuff for a living can go in there and mix things around and give us a 2019 overhaul (if you read this and have time).

As for skibum, thanks again for covering the cost. Originally we were going to be 28 teams with two conferences with two copies of each player and only a versatile site like MFL can accommodate that setup. The second conference fell apart though and so the necessity of staying at MFL dried up after that but we stayed on. For one year, the year nzoner (Toga! Toga!) won, we'd played at yahoo but people didn't like it and we'd returned to MFL the following year.

There's an earlybird special to pay at MFL, but we never wind up getting it. Before June 1st save $20 and before August 1st save $10 and we always pay last minute and never wind up saving anything.

I tried to freshen it up I think before the 2017 season, but damn it’s some ancient software. I’ll try to make it look nice again, just PM me the commish PW again. 

Also everyone, I highly recommend the MFL app. It makes it look a lot more modern and is much more user friendly in my opinion and it’s free. I took some screenshots so you guys can see:

Homepage:

https://i.postimg.cc/43dyY98k/B5-E0-DA0-B-40-F7-4-C71-AFCC-FBA306685028.png

Lineup:

https://i.postimg.cc/MKSGy4sY/6519-CE72-AFF4-4-D8-E-A20-E-FF01853-D7-FDD.png

Regarding the draft.

How many rounds?

Only rookies? Or perhaps first three rounds are rookies and then it opens up to vets?

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Regarding the draft.

How many rounds?

Only rookies? Or perhaps first three rounds are rookies and then it opens up to vets?

I think it’s as many rounds as the team with the most cuts. 

Rookies and Vets but typically the first two rounds are all rookies off the board first, except last year or the year before when someone wasted their top 5 pick on a washed up TE, just can’t remember who or what player.

I say 'rookie draft' but actually it isn't. It's mixed veterans and rookies both available right from the start of the draft. Most all of the excitement though is over the rookies since the decent veterans are combed over pretty good by the end of the previous year. but sometimes guys that are interesting can get cut this time of year too.

And the draft is however many rounds as the team with the most cuts have. The most it's ever been is nine. It may well have been 15 the year southcarolina took over for Sux because Sux had only left him seven legitimate players, but Voice of Reason traded southcarolina his entire draft for the #1 overall pick. Southcarolina started out with like 6-8 TEs on his roster that year. Then, going first in waivers each week, he had a legitimate looking roster by the end of the year two.