Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Anybody watching the AAF tonight?

45 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Plus the refs are wearing... vests?

I saw that and thought it almost looked like something that could be blown up for a flotation device.

I only flipped it on and saw the coin toss though, my wife came in the room took control and turned on Netflix for us to watch an episode of "You".

Is he hate me back? 

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Is he hate me back? 

From the recent replies to your posts, I could see you as the bearer of that virtual jersey here     lol

Doubtful he is playing as I think he'd be mid-forties. Rod Smart played in the NFL for a few years following "He hate me" days, was later in a movie called "Don't blame the lettuce" and was recently a high school guidance counselor last I read.

Thanks for the reply. 

I know he was in the nfl for a short visit, didn’t know about the rest.  

I am enjoying these games.   Only 5 weeks together not shabby 

Wow!  I thought we'd see everyone who wanted and thought, that they could play in the NFL in those games.  No Kaepernick?  SHOCKING!!!

23 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Wow!  I thought we'd see everyone who wanted and thought, that they could play in the NFL in those games.  No Kaepernick?  SHOCKING!!!

Not a 20 million a year anyways.  Not even sure a whole AAF team franchise Is worth that much?

well, I watched.  I did not find the football to be of very good quality.  

but....

it's better than any other brand of football you can watch at this time of year.

I am not surprised.  when I watch its hard not to notice the empty stands. 

and the quality of play appears to be pretty low.   I would argue top tier college is better to watch than this.

Starting a new league is a beast that I don't think can be conquered these days. The operating expenses are too high, and the cash flow is too low. Somewhere in the projections the investors received, there was a huge gap between what was told and what was reality. Whether that be operating expenses being substantially higher, projected investing cash being lower, or just really not understanding the target audience. I don't see how they went into this knowing they wouldn't have enough cash on hand to make it through the first season. Few businesses turn a profit in the first few months, especially ones with astronomical start up cost.

"Perception inside the AAF is that Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon bought a majority stake in the league simply for the gambling app being developed.

Source: "Dundon got the technology he wanted and he's now minus one rather large headache.""

Now the $250 million he invested last month makes sense. 

must be one hell of a gambling app.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

must be one hell of a gambling app.

supposedly betting in real time of games currently being played - prop bets like "will Kamara get 6+ yards on his next touch from scrimmage" or "bradys next throw will go to" stuff like that.

potentially very profitable I admit.  but 250 mil?   That better be one hell of a successful app at that price.