Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

MDC, you were right

Heating pizza up in the oven is so far superior. I even do it right when i get pizza delivered to warm it up and but and crisp the crust

Never reheated directly on the rack but usually on a pan, 325, and then add Franks hot sauce and parmesan cheese.  Yummm.

You can even REVIVE a Old, Cold, Dead, Dry Pizza!  🤩

I use a Cast Iron Skillet with a lid..... 

Lightly coat it with Olive OIL

Place a slice or two on PAN

Add a teaspoon of WATER or 2

Top with LID

Cook on LOW

Not as good as hot & fresh, but usually better than when you get it home.

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

You can even REVIVE a Old, Cold, Dead, Dry Pizza!  🤩

I use a Cast Iron Skillet with a lid..... 

Lightly coat it with Olive OIL

Place a slice or two on PAN

Add a teaspoon of WATER or 2

Top with LID

Cook on LOW

Not as good as hot & fresh, but usually better than when you get it home.

I think this was basically Beernuts method. Pizza takes forever to cook through in the skillet and doesn’t get as crispy. 8-10 minutes in the oven on a baking sheet at 400 and it’s totally cooked through and crispy.

9 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I imagine cheese getting all over the oven doing that. 

Put foil on the rack below.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I think this was basically Beernuts method. Pizza takes forever to cook through in the skillet and doesn’t get as crispy. 8-10 minutes in the oven on a baking sheet at 400 and it’s totally cooked through and crispy.

OK.....but if it's already dry, tossing it in an oven only makes it dryer. I personally like a moist & crunchy pizza.

5 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

OK.....but if it's already dry, tossing it in an oven only makes it dryer. I personally like a moist & crunchy pizza.

You do you. 

• Haha 1

Yes oven straight on rack.  

For any other pizza questions ask your fellow noreasterners.  The only people who have a clue about this stuff.

21 minutes ago, MDC said:

I realize you guys are talking about reheating pizza but I use a cast iron platter to cook my homemade pizzas on. It only takes a few minutes and I've found it makes for a much crispier crust that a pan or a stone. 

I usually cook pizza on the grill although the same works for the oven. The "trick" is to heat the platter with the grill/oven, so when you put the pizza on it, its already at your cooking temp. I cook mine at around 425° for about 8 minutes or so. When the bottom is done right, I pull it. 

Sorry great recipe on YouTube for a deeper dish pizza made in a cast iron skillet. The one thing I haven't seen in this thread yet is that like you should do with almost everything you do with a cast iron skillet? You warm the oven up 1st and throw the empty Skillet in at the same time. Your Skillet should be around 3 to 400 degrees before you put anything in it. You end up with a really nice caramelization around the sides of the pizza that really crunchy cheese  crust that you love in pizza parlors.

And yeah, well I love me some cold pizza. Better than I love hot pizza, if you want to warm up a couple slices of leftover pizza? Do the same thing with a cast iron skillet. Very light layer of oil if at all. And that way you end up with a crust that is pretty darn decent.

I think the distinction here is, you wouldn't want to do that with a very thin crust in the first place. But if you have a regular to thicker crust, then cast iron is definitely the way to go.

30 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Sorry great recipe on YouTube for a deeper dish pizza made in a cast iron skillet. The one thing I haven't seen in this thread yet is that like you should do with almost everything you do with a cast iron skillet? You warm the oven up 1st and throw the empty Skillet in at the same time. Your Skillet should be around 3 to 400 degrees before you put anything in it. You end up with a really nice caramelization around the sides of the pizza that really crunchy cheese  crust that you love in pizza parlors.

:huh:

One post up from this one. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Another method, and this is the best method, is to put olive oil in a pan and fry up the left over pizza. That makes it pretty damn delicious too. 

2 minutes ago, posty said:

I like cold pizza better then reheated.

Yep,I'll even have a cold glass of milk with it for breakfast.

5 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I started to use a pizza stone about 15 years ago. Game changer for heating and cooking pizza. 

I use our stone when making hm pizza (sometimes in the oven, sometimes on the grill).  takes too much time to bring to proper temperature for a re-heat.

Only a retarded, square cut pizza eater would be dumb enough to reheat pizza in anything other than an oven or a toaster oven. 

I just use a pan. Heat it slowly. Crust gets crispy, etc. Delicious. 

And Chicago has a lot of square cut pizza places. They are awesome.

I’ve never even heard of someone reheating pizza in a frying pan and I order pizza once a week at least. How do I do it exactly? 

Secretaries know all these neat tricks. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I’ve never even heard of someone reheating pizza in a frying pan and I order pizza once a week at least. How do I do it exactly? 

Heat pan

Add oil. Heat oil.

Heat pizza in pan until desired temp. Don't burn crust.

15 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Just put the pan on the stove, heat on low to medium, set the pizza in there and wait til it gets warm. Use a cover to help it go quicker. But I like really crispy crust.

Just now, Bier Meister said:

Heat pan

Add oil. Heat oil.

I never tried with oil, but it's however you like it. 

2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Heat pan

Add oil. Heat oil.

How do I know when it’s at the desired temp? Melted cheese?

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

Just put the pan on the stove, heat on low to medium, set the pizza in there and wait til it gets warm. Use a cover to help it go quicker. But I like really crispy crust.

I like crispy too. Just enough when the pizza doesn’t flop over when you pick it up. 

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

I never tried with oil, but it's however you like it. 

Do your thing 

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

How do I know when it’s at the desired temp? Melted cheese?

Because you heat source is coming from the bottom, crust will heat faster. Desired is subjective. I want my cheese melted. Sometimes I finish it under the broiler to get cheese hotter.

Oven provides more even cooking because heat is coming from all directions.

5 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Do your thing 

Yep. Just experiment.

I do not reheat pizza this way .. also would not cover the pan in this case as it holds/creates moisture.... Not what I want for pizza. I cook other things this way though.

I definitely reheat the pizza in a pan. No cover. Low to medium setting. Takes about 5 minutes or so. Longer if needed. No oil or anything.  Works for me. Makes me want pizza now actually. Problem is, I live in the NY area these days. Most of the pizza near me is all wet and sloppy.