Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

MDC, you were right

Pan or sheet try should take care of the soggy crust. 

Pan big enough for those big ny slices? :lol:

10 minutes ago, sderk said:

Problem is, I live in the NY area these days. Most of the pizza near me is all wet and sloppy.

Shots fired!

21 minutes ago, sderk said:

I definitely reheat the pizza in a pan. No cover. Low to medium setting. Takes about 5 minutes or so. Longer if needed. No oil or anything.  Works for me. Makes me want pizza now actually. Problem is, I live in the NY area these days. Most of the pizza near me is all wet and sloppy.

So you went from proper, delicious, crispy, four sided slices of pizza to sloppy, soggy, droopy triangle slices? I can't think of many more degrading things to do in life.

Heat up pizza in the pan until the crust is crispy and filled with olive oil. Thank me when you eat it and have a foodgasm

3 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

So you went from proper, delicious, crispy, four sided slices of pizza to sloppy, soggy, droopy triangle slices? 

Sadly, yes. :mellow: Gives me another reason to visit the Chicago area though.

3 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Secretaries know all these neat tricks. 

Gals  with hourglass figures know them too. 

I'm surprised it has taken this long to devolve into a discussion on the overrated craptasticness of NY thin greasy cheese only pizza.  👍

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm surprised it has taken this long to devolve into a discussion on the overrated craptasticness of NY thin greasy cheese only pizza.  👍

I was just being kind earlier. NY greasy watery limp pizza sucks.

5 minutes ago, sderk said:

I was just being kind earlier. NY greasy watery limp pizza sucks.

I maybe didn't word that well, so to be clear:  I agree with you.  Well, maybe not sucks.  But way overrated and nothing like a Chicago deep dish.  

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I maybe didn't word that well, so to be clear:  I agree with you.  Well, maybe not sucks.  But way overrated and nothing like a Chicago deep dish.  

Even Chicago thinner crust is better than anything in NY. Granted, I have not been to all the pizza places around the area. That would be insane. So I could still be proven wrong if there is some awesome place around.

It reminds me of when I lived in St. Pete, Fla. Could not find a place that had a good Italian beef sandwich. And it wasn't just Florida, it's was all over the country. Albuquerque, KC, NY, Hartford, etc.. etc..

Pizza, Italian beef, sausage, hot dogs, is owned by Chicago and area.

4 hours ago, sderk said:

Most of the pizza near me is all wet and sloppy.

Some guys like a sloppy mess. 

5 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Only a retarded, square cut pizza eater would be dumb enough to reheat pizza in anything other than an oven or a toaster oven. 

Air Fryer

you

are

welcome

Usually, I don't want to take the extra 5-10 minutes it takes to warm up a pizza. Cold is good enough. Open the refrigerator, eat it. done. Go do something else.

• Like 1

We have a good-sized Oster toaster oven which easily fits 2-3 slices of normal pizza.  Heat at 350 for 10 minutes on the rack.  I'm surprised by this 400+ degree reheating as I find it tends to burn the crust.  I'm also intrigued by the pan reheating as I've never done it.  :cheers:

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We have a good-sized Oster toaster oven which easily fits 2-3 slices of normal pizza.  Heat at 350 for 10 minutes on the rack.  I'm surprised by this 400+ degree reheating as I find it tends to burn the crust.  I'm also intrigued by the pan reheating as I've never done it.  :cheers:

425 is my standard (unless baking).  if i see the crust cooking before the topping, i will turn on the broiler and finish there.

but typically no issues at 425

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Never had the burnt crust problem on a basic oven tray / cookie sheet. 7-8 mins is enough for a full reheat. I like my pizza crispy so 10 min does it. Usually Bette this way then when it’s delivered.

1 hour ago, sderk said:

Even Chicago thinner crust is better than anything in NY. Granted, I have not been to all the pizza places around the area. That would be insane. So I could still be proven wrong if there is some awesome place around.

It reminds me of when I lived in St. Pete, Fla. Could not find a place that had a good Italian beef sandwich. And it wasn't just Florida, it's was all over the country. Albuquerque, KC, NY, Hartford, etc.. etc..

Pizza, Italian beef, sausage, hot dogs, is owned by Chicago and area.

Don't forget pizza puffs. Not one person I have met from Philly, Maryland, or any other area of the east coast has heard of them. 

I introduced my gf, who is from MD, to them for the first time last year. She was like Why the hell aren't these everywhere?!! 

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Don't forget pizza puffs. Not one person I have met from Philly, Maryland, or any other area of the east coast has heard of them. 

Hell yeah! Chicago is the single best food city in the US. 

4 minutes ago, sderk said:

Hell yeah! Chicago is the single best food city in the US. 

top five

7 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

top five

I can accept that. It's subjective. But only to point. So top 5 works for me.

San Francisco

New York

LA

Chicago

New Orleans

Seattle

Boston

Miami

Philadelphia

Denver

DC

San Diego

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

San Francisco

New York

LA

Chicago

New Orleans

Seattle

Boston

Miami

Philadelphia

Denver

DC

San Diego

Love DC. But, I would challenge San Fran. That's more of a high end restaurant city than anything else.  LA, I have no idea. I spent a bunch of time in N.O.and would prefer other places over that.

SF has all tiers, broad range of ethnicity, high.quality without adding the surrounding areas (Napa/Sonoma). Strong Asian, Italian, Mexican... Does not have a lot of bbq.

New Orleans is excellent only lack range.

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

SF has all tiers, broad range of ethnicity, high.quality without adding the surrounding areas (Napa/Sonoma). Strong Asian, Italian, Mexican... Does not have a lot of bbq.

New Orleans is excellent only lack range.

Cool. And N.O. is limited. I would prefer Baltimore in the fall.  Also, you are missing KC. 

27 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

San Francisco

New York

LA

Chicago

New Orleans

Seattle

Boston

Miami

Philadelphia

Denver

DC

San Diego

Have you had pizza at 4-5 places in every city on this list? Just wondering. I’ve been to most of these towns and I think I’ve onky had pizza in NY and Philly. When I go to Boston I get seafood. When I go to NO I get Cajun. Etc.

5 minutes ago, sderk said:

Cool. And N.O. is limited. I would prefer Baltimore in the fall.  Also, you are missing KC. 

Completely disagree.  KC does bbq and steak well, but us average with everything else.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Have you had pizza at 4-5 places in every city on this list? Just wondering. I’ve been to most of these towns and I think I’ve onky had pizza in NY and Philly. When I go to Boston I get seafood. When I go to NO I get Cajun. Etc.

I was contesting that Chicago was the best food City in the us. Mine is more of a global assessment.  I have had pizza in 5 or more places in the Bay area, New York, Chicago, la, San Diego, Denver.

As for my favorites, depends on my mood... But I like good pizza.  Love ny and Chicago styles, but will most often go for what is closer to what I've had in Europe, which is wood fire/brick oven.

Also like sourdough crusts, which we get a lot of out here.

Just now, Bier Meister said:

I was contesting that Chicago was the best food City in the us. Mine is more of a global assessment.  I have had pizza in 5 or more places in the Bay area, New York, Chicago, la, San Diego, Denver.

As for my favorites, depends on my mood... But I like good pizza.  Love ny and Chicago styles, but will most often go for what is closer to what I've had in Europe, which is wood fire/brick oven.

Also like sourdough crusts, which we get a lot of out here.

Just asking. I think Philly is a great food town and I have my pick of terrific pizza within walking / ordering distance but I’ve had bad pizza here too. I would hate to hear someone came here, got a slice at some dive and decided the pizza sucks.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Just asking. I think Philly is a great food town and I have my pick of terrific pizza within walking / ordering distance but I’ve had bad pizza here too. I would hate to hear someone came here, got a slice at some dive and decided the pizza sucks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/philly.eater.com/platform/amp/2018/3/26/17164598/pizzeria-beddia-philadelphia-closing-last-day

This was the place I ate my only pizza in Philly. It was unique and pretty good, but whoever said it was the best completely overrated it. I also just found out that it closed

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/philly.eater.com/platform/amp/2018/3/26/17164598/pizzeria-beddia-philadelphia-closing-last-day

This was the place I ate my only pizza in Philly. It was unique and pretty good, but whoever said it was the best completely overrated it. I also just found out that it closed

That’s right near me. I heard great things but never ate there. I am also near a place called Pizza Brain everybody loves and I think it’s meh. Then there are 4-5 places that get no press right near here and they’re awesome. :dunno:

33 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Completely disagree.  KC does bbq and steak well, but us average with everything else.

You forget chicken. Strouds. Best ever.

13 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

My comparison wasn't strictly pizza.

Bier, I think you are a bit biased in calling SF #1.  I'll give them top 5 for Asian/sushi, but everything else is nothing special vs. other big cities.  LA for instance has comparable Asian/sushi but also top Mexican.  In general I'll give the nod to NE places like Boston that have racist/ethnic neighborhoods in which the restaurants for each cuisine have established dominance.

18 minutes ago, MDC said:

That’s right near me. I heard great things but never ate there. I am also near a place called Pizza Brain everybody loves and I think it’s meh. Then there are 4-5 places that get no press right near here and they’re awesome. :dunno:

I brought all my close friends to this pizza place near me in IL that isn't well known. It instantly became my favorite place when I found it. The six of us sit down and all these guys are trying to order different things on the menu. It was a little annoying. I had to tell them to just trust me and let me order the food. Half listened, half didn't. The half that listened were amazed. The other half wished they had just let me order, but it took a little place out of the way to amaze them. 

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Bier, I think you are a bit biased in calling SF #1.  I'll give them top 5 for Asian/sushi, but everything else is nothing special vs. other big cities.  LA for instance has comparable Asian/sushi but also top Mexican.  In general I'll give the nod to NE places like Boston that have racist/ethnic neighborhoods in which the restaurants for each cuisine have established dominance.

You can't discount our mexican cuisine.  Have, you eaten in the mission district?  SF does classical french and italian and has been innovative with nouveau.  I do not know which restaurants you have tried in the city, but all tiers are strong... in fact i believe has a higher hit rate than bigger cities (ie: ny has more good restaurants, but many more bad ones) .... numbers game.

None of you have been to Dallas?  It appears not, because if  any of you had been there, it would have been mentioned. Great Tex-mex. 

I’ve been to Dallas a few times. Great pizza - that Sbarro’s place is fantastic. 👍🏻 

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’ve been to Dallas a few times. Great pizza - that Sbarro’s place is fantastic. 👍🏻