Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

AAF and Betspn

So im up this morning...tune to espn to see thoughts about the new league....1 hour sportcenter...

Absolutely nothing...so..do they have an nfl deal or are they paid by nfl to keep it hush

I removed ESPN from my presets in my car a couple years ago. I never once even tuned back in. It's like it was never there in the first place.

For sports I have Fantasy Sports, Mad Dog Radio, NFL Radio (which is actually really good all year round), and MLB when in season. I guess ESPN has more 24x7 coverage but I don't like how they cover things. They always seemed to have some sort of an agenda in their reporting. Which then means that it is not reporting.  

And now that I think about it, why do they call it the 'Entertainment and Sports Network'? Sports and entertainment are the same thing. It's like saying 'entertainment and stand up comedy network' or 'entertainment and movie network'.   

Once the sales department gains influence in a product, it becomes all about driving sales higher.  That means the product must cater to the lowest common denominator instead of the fans of the actual product.  In the case of media outlets, this always means becoming a gossip rag.  ESPN is pretty much a worthless gossip rag now and not to be taken seriously as journalism.

I thought both games were decent and the broadcasts were good. I was worried it would be gimmicky like the XFL or a ghetto broadcast like NBA games. It was very professional and I enjoyed it. Was really cool seeing Spurrier out there running the Fun n Gun offense too.

Stephen A Smiff did it again the other day, claiming the QB from Ohio State, Haskins, is more of a runner than a passer. First of all, racist. Second, he ran for about 100 yards. All year. 

5 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

So im up this morning...tune to espn to see thoughts about the new league....1 hour sportcenter...

Absolutely nothing...so..do they have an nfl deal or are they paid by nfl to keep it hush

Some games will be aired on NFL Network. NFL isn't paying to keep it hush.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Stephen A Smiff did it again the other day, claiming the QB from Ohio State, Haskins, is more of a runner than a passer. First of all, racist. Second, he ran for about 100 yards. All year. 

Haskins would look good in Giants blue

4 minutes ago, Vince44 said:

Haskins would look good in Giants blue

I'm hoping, but I don't want to trade up for him.  We have to see how FA shakes out. If the Jags sign a QB in FA that would be good for the Giants chances of getting him at 6. 

34 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'm hoping, but I don't want to trade up for him.  We have to see how FA shakes out. If the Jags sign a QB in FA that would be good for the Giants chances of getting him at 6. 

I could see Foles in Jacksonville as I think they feel they can still contend at this point. Who knows though?

7 minutes ago, sderk said:

I could see Foles in Jacksonville as I think they feel they can still contend at this point. Who knows though?

Yeah. Denver a possibility too. Elway doesn't seem the patient type. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. Denver a possibility too. Elway doesn't seem the patient type. 

I'll disagree here. I don't think Denver wants to take another chance at a Keenum type situation. Hell no.

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

I'll disagree here. I don't think Denver wants to take another chance at a Keenum type situation. Hell no.

I don't know. They are only into Keenum for this year. He's going to have to give up a lot to get to the front of the draft.  

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don't know. They are only into Keenum for this year. He's going to have to give up a lot to get to the front of the draft.  

You make a good point but aren't the Bronco's paying Keenum like $18 mil this coming year? What is Foles going to demand?

26 minutes ago, sderk said:

You make a good point but aren't the Bronco's paying Keenum like $18 mil this coming year? What is Foles going to demand?

Foles is going to get a little less than Cousins, even though he deserves more. Everyone isn't as dumb as the Vikings. The Broncos can make it work. They dealt Demarious and his money already.