Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Grammys Thread

I just flipped on and only question I have is...what talent does this Cardi B chick have?  Its certainly not singing. Todays music is pretty much the suck.

My wife is a Brandi Carlisle fan so we wanted to see if she won any of the big ones.. just turned it off. Couldn't take anymore

These shows are nothing more than political events for Democrats disguised as "awards" shows.

Just another bash conservatives and drool over their political leaders - it's like a cult of personality with the left.  Seriously.  Kim Jong Un has got nothing compared to what the American left has.

• Like 1

Alicia Keys and Diana Ross both knocked it out of the park.

Kelce Musgraves is fine.

So far no politcal bullshit, maybe they got the memo.

Brandi Carlisle performance coming up soon.

I missed the Dolly tribute but heard it was good.

So far it is the least propaganda awards show I have ever seen. Pretty amazing tbh.

3 minutes ago, SenatorRock said:

Alicia Keys and Diana Ross both knocked it out of the park.

Kelce Musgraves is fine.

So far no politcal bullshit, maybe they got the memo.

I missed the Dolly tribute but heard it was good.

So far it is the least propaganda awards show I have ever seen. Pretty amazing tbh.

The mere fact Pelosi and Michelle Obama were on makes it a political event for the Democrats, once again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SenatorRock said:

She isn't my style of music but I ha e seen her live 3 times a day she and her band are extremely talented

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

The mere fact Pelosi and Michelle Obama were on makes it a political event for the Democrats, once again.

I guess I missed that part, probably would have turned it off.

2 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

She isn't my style of music but I ha e seen her live 3 times a day she and her band are extremely talented

As far as I know, I only know 2 of her songs, (The Story and The Joke) but on a whim I bought tickets to see her in April, as she is playing a relatively small venue in Dallas. 

1 minute ago, cbfalcon said:

As far as I know, I only know 2 of her songs, (The Story and The Joke) but on a whim I bought tickets to see her in April, as she is playing a relatively small venue in Dallas. 

You won't be let down.. my wife really loves her and I have tagged along  with her. 

This is a song I really actually enjoy

I had never heard of Brandi Carlile before tonight.  I thoroughly enjoyed her performance and plan to dig into her art.  :cheers:

• Like 1

Kelsey Musgrave was on the Victoria's Secret show. She was pretty much only wearing a very slight slip dress. I swear to God, she was finer than the models.

5 hours ago, Fireballer said:

I just flipped on and only question I have is...what talent does this Cardi B chick have?  Its certainly not singing. Todays music is pretty much the suck.

I wouldn't know one of her songs if you shoved a pair of headphones of my . But I do know that she has zero respect in the industry. Because all she does is copy everyone else. Specifically, Nicki Minaj. I don't know how many of these plastic fake pseudo ethnic pitches we need, and I certainly don't understand how the hell she won the Grammys. But that says everything you need to know about the Grammys. Here's her own words on being accused of copying everyone:

And for anybody that telling me, 'Oh , you copied Kodak flow, you copied this and that flow,'" she told the crowd in a now-deleted video. "So what ? So what? I'ma sound like all your favorite rappers."

So so at least she's pleasant. And people wonder why we hate hip Hop and the music industry in general. at this point I don't understand why we have the soul train awards and the essence awards and the Latin Grammys. 

But but that seems to be pretty much the way these days. They want their culture to the exclusion of white people. But they want our culture as well. And somehow that's not cultural appropriation.

Music sucks because America is great. No struggle, no really good music. Kids, even the "poor" ones grow up comfortable like no time in existence. What inspires them anymore? Rock was about rebellion and the thought of a better life. Netflix and a full belly takes that angst away. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Music sucks because America is great. No struggle, no really good music. Kids, even the "poor" ones grow up comfortable like no time in existence. What inspires them anymore? Rock was about rebellion and the thought of a better life. Netflix and a full belly takes that angst away. 

Its a good point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, frank said:

Breaking news: old white guys think today’s music sucks. 

If it's so good how come these acts don't stick around? And why can't they sell out a big arena but U2 can? 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If it's so good how come these acts don't stick around? And why can't they sell out a big arena but U2 can? 

Link to where I said it was good? :dunno:

I didn’t like any of the medleys   I really hate when they do that   Just  gimme one or two good songs all the way through  

Chili Peppers were dissapointing  

I liked Janelle Monae.  Her song reminded me of a Prince song.  The vinyl outfits on those chicks were hot.  She also played a little guitar at the beginning. 

I also liked St Vincent and Diane Lipa.  Another hot chick with a guitar plus a hint of lesbo stuff.  

Brandi Carlisle was good and so was the hot brunette country singer.  

There was also another black chick who played guitar who I enjoyed   

I’d never really heard of or listened to any of the above prior to last night   

Since Rock is pretty much dead, I guess I need to check out more country and pop for new stuff  

I was pleased to see guitars and pianos being used so prominently instead of a bunch of synths and drum machines   

21 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

popularity=quality? 

Being popular doesn't mean it's  good, but if it's going to stand the test of time it's going to have to be. People's unwillingness to purchase a concert ticket to see these acts is proof of that. 99 cent download? Sure.  100 dollar concert ticket? Nope. 

not that I think any of it is any good but the top 6 grossing tours of 2018 were contemporary pop. Face value of an Adele ticket at MSG is over $150 for worst seat in the house and it sells out in an hour and thats 6 nights long

it's indication of quality but to say they are not selling seats is simply wrong

not that I think any of it is any good but the top 6 grossing tours of 2018 were contemporary pop. Face value of an Adele ticket at MSG is over $150 for worst seat in the house and it sells out in an hour and thats 6 nights long

it's indication of quality but to say they are not selling seats is simply wrong

So you think Cardi B could sell more tickets than U2? Because in 1987 U2 could sell more tickets than anyone from the 60's that was   still performing. And in 2019 U2 could sell more tickets than anyone performing now. Quality 

7 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

And Gross means they are making more money because the  ticket price is a lot more.  Tickets sold is what we're looking for, not the price. Some fools willing to pay top price for the front row throws the whole thing off. Try and get tickets for Billy Joel at MSG. Any tickets. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you think Cardi B could sell more tickets than U2? Because in 1987 U2 could sell more tickets than anyone from the 60's that was   still performing. And in 2019 U2 could sell more tickets than anyone performing now. Quality 

cardi b? no

Do I think some shmuck like Ed Sheeran or Justin Timberlake can outsell U2 today? Probably...... doesnt have a thing to do with them being good though

3 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

cardi b? no

Do I think some shmuck like Ed Sheeran or Justin Timberlake can outsell U2 today? Probably...... doesnt have a thing to do with them being good though

Sell out how much? A few shows in NYC? BFD. Take that act out into the rest of the country and they aren't coming close to selling out. U2 could go to the middle of the country and all four corners and sell out. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Stones, the Who, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac immediately come to mind as bands from the 60's that could give U2 a run back in '87.  

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Stones, the Who, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac immediately come to mind as bands from the 60's that could give U2 a run back in '87.  

I don't think so. Close, but U2 was huge at that point. . And because they are good, they have lasted. And I'm not a huge fan. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sell out how much? A few shows in NYC? BFD. Take that act out into the rest of the country and they aren't coming close to selling out. U2 could go to the middle of the country and all four corners and sell out. 

Ed Sheeran sold out 50k in Minneapolis  a year in advance in days

Ed Sheeran sold out 50k in Minneapolis  a year in advance in days

Big deal.  The great  acts would be in town for a week and sell out every night. The Who would get 60k plus for one night in Giants stadium.  Come on man, it's not even close. 

1 minute ago, bandrus1 said:

Anyway the ability to sell Tix on a massive stadium tour is no indication of quality

To be able to do it 25-30 years past your prime is.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Big deal.  The great  acts would be in town for a week and sell out every night. The Who would get 60k plus for one night in Giants stadium.  Come on man, it's not even close. 

He also sold out over 100k in MetLife back to back nights