Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

Kareem Hunt signed by Brownies - 8 Game Suspension

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't know.  I think it's pretty easy.  I'd put him as an RB3.

Hunt or Chubb? Nick Chubb is going to give you 10 weeks as the Bell-Cow in a potentially explosive offense. Is it possible that after that Hunt cuts into his workload, yeah, but nowhere close to an RB3, you may want to rethink that cold take...

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Maybe. 

But he will have atleast time to be as high as a rb1 until Hunt returns. 

So during that period of the season he might be worthy of a rb1 ranking, or at least a rb2. 

So it’s not easy. 

I agree, he's probably a low end 1... but most likely a top end 2 prior to Hunt, but after Hunt, he's at best a 4.  So I value him as a 3 because I can't count on him to be a starter the whole season.  So, like I said, easy.  I slot him as an RB3.

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Hunt or Chubb? Nick Chubb is going to give you 10 weeks as the Bell-Cow in a potentially explosive offense. Is it possible that after that Hunt cuts into his workload, yeah, but nowhere close to an RB3, you may want to rethink that cold take...

Chubb.  Being a "bell cow" doesn't have a direct correlation to being productive.  I think he'll be good, but honestly, I think people are overrating Mayfield too.  I don't think their offense is going to be as productive as people think.  I see Chubb as a high end RB2 for the first part of the season, but as the season closes, you might as well cut him because you can't count on him to start.

I see Hunt as an RB4/5.  At best, he'll play 6 games for you and most of them will be spot duty as he gets into the fold and then a part of an RBBC.

The only way either of these two are of season long value to you, is if one gets hurt.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Chubb.  Being a "bell cow" doesn't have a direct correlation to being productive.  I think he'll be good, but honestly, I think people are overrating Mayfield too.  I don't think their offense is going to be as productive as people think.  I see Chubb as a high end RB2 for the first part of the season, but as the season closes, you might as well cut him because you can't count on him to start.

I see Hunt as an RB4/5.  At best, he'll play 6 games for you and most of them will be spot duty as he gets into the fold and then a part of an RBBC.

The only way either of these two are of season long value to you, is if one gets hurt.

Being productive has a direct correlation with being productive and that is exactly what he was last year, and now the Cleveland Offense is loaded. I'll take a guy who is awesome for the first ten weeks as long as you don't have to draft him in the top 15, deal with week 11 on when it gets there.

18 hours ago, jrokh said:

Being productive has a direct correlation with being productive and that is exactly what he was last year, and now the Cleveland Offense is loaded. I'll take a guy who is awesome for the first ten weeks as long as you don't have to draft him in the top 15, deal with week 11 on when it gets there.

Yes, if you believe it will be so.  I don't.  I don't think they're going to have as good of an offense as you.  I think Mayfield isn't as good as people think and won't be as effective the second time around.  I think the offense is going to struggle.  Not to the point where they'll stink, but to the point where they'll be very inconsistent and not trustworthy for fantasy.  That will have a direct correlation on Chubb's production.  Production which I would not target as an RB1 or RB2.

Drafting someone outside the top 15 still makes a player a "1" at his position.  I'm not taking a guy who will be a bench player, and best case scenario a RBBC guy, by week 10 or 11 as my RB1.  Now, if you think he'll be more consistent and more productive than I think he'll be, then by all means, have at it.

Now, when you say productive, do you mean where he averaged 13 ppg in weeks 7-9 - when he essentially became the starter... weeks 10-13 where he averaged 24.5 ppg, or over the last 3 during an actual playoff run where he averaged 9 ppg?  Personally, I want my RB1 to average 18+ ppg, which is what 8 RB's did last year.  Mixon, Johnson, White, and Fournette rounded out the top 12 with between 15-17 ppg.  Now, I don't know about you, but I'm guessing there weren't too many championship teams that had one of those four as their RB1.  I don't think Chubb hits 18 ppg next season.

Fair enough, think whatever you want. I would question why you think that based on something other than a feeling, but I can't say you are wrong for having an opinion, no matter how misguided it may be. What I can say is you started this debate by opining Chubb as an RB3, then you said RB2, now you have it that he won't be an RB1. Pick a lane...

23 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Fair enough, think whatever you want. I would question why you think that based on something other than a feeling, but I can't say you are wrong for having an opinion, no matter how misguided it may be. What I can say is you started this debate by opining Chubb as an RB3, then you said RB2, now you have it that he won't be an RB1. Pick a lane...

Clearly, I picked a lane.  I said I ranked him as an RB3.  I justified that ranking with saying that I believe he'll be an RB2 while he's the every down back, but come week 9, 10, or 11, he'll be either a backup or in a RBBC.

YOU said that you wouldn't pick him in the top 15.  I said that a RB taken outside the top 15 can still be an RB1.  I don't see how me saying we won't be an RB1 as being a contradiction to saying I think he'll be an RB3.

so if you think he is an RB3, can you name the 24 RB's you'd draft ahead of him? Or are you going to submit yet another hedge and claim you meant it in a 10 or 8 team league? Don't even bother, what you really ,meant was your not as high on Chubb as the early consensus, which if you had said in the beginning instead of the hyperbolic RB3, would have been fine and much more appropriate. Cheers... 

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

so if you think he is an RB3, can you name the 24 RB's you'd draft ahead of him? Or are you going to submit yet another hedge and claim you meant it in a 10 or 8 team league? Don't even bother, what you really ,meant was your not as high on Chubb as the early consensus, which if you had said in the beginning instead of the hyperbolic RB3, would have been fine and much more appropriate. Cheers... 

Sure, let's pretend you're right.  It'll make your life better if you think that way, so have at it.

We don't have to pretend anything. You made a silly ranking of a player, got called out on it, tried to move the goalposts, and got called out again. Don't feel too badly, happens all the time round these parts.

I'm liking Chubb more than most and am not too worried about Hunt next year.

Dorsey drafted Hunt. Knows him as a person and a player. Knew that Hunt would take a cheap deal and would toe the line to rehab his value.

Having another good rb on his team never hurts either, but I'm more of the opinion that signing Hunt was Dorsey doing him a solid rather than signing him to take Chubbs job.

When he gets back Chubb will most likely need a breather, but even then I see a 70/30 split. Then Hunt will be signed for more money by another team in 2020.

But Chubb could be a 1.5 Or a low rb1 before Hunt, and a low rb3 or 3.5 after Hunt returns, then he would be a low rb2 or a 5 divided by half which would equal a 2.5. 

Maybe.