Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

National Emergency

So, is frump going to declare a National Emergency like he says? Or is he just begging for attention yet again?

Sounds like even the Republicans are against that idea.

Seems kind of stupid. He has to turn in his budget in 3 weeks anyway. Just put whatever it is in funding he wants in that request. There's no way the National Emergency doesn't make it out of the courts in less than a month anyway.

He never should have given in on the shutdown. When the airports started getting backed up (surprise surprise) he felt like he had to. A bunch of underworked, overpaid federal workers cried because they missed one check and our borders remain a sieve. Once whites are the minority in this country you can start the clock on the downfall of the greatest civilization the world has ever seen, problems and all. Book it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

He should have declared it two years ago.  :thumbsup:

Build the wall.  MAGA

• Like 2

I hope he doesn't. It's one step further down the road to tyranny.

Bush's patriot act era spy stuff was wrong. Obama doubled down. Obama's executive order governance was wrong. Trump seems to want to continue it.

Now any time Congress won't play ball we just declare emergency?

That is a bad bad precedent. If it happens, you can count on seeing "climate change state of emergency" next time a dem is in office. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That is a bad bad precedent. If it happens, you can count on seeing "climate change state of emergency" next time a dem is in office. 

Yep, thats a done deal. The Dem will even have scientists backing her/him up. For anyone supporting this now, they shouldn’t even feign anger about that then.

And when another Sandy Hook type shooting of young ones happens, if a Liberal is in office...

But hey, DT has half a campaign promise he needs to be able to say he is keeping at upcoming campaign rallies, so long term implications be damned. It’s kinda funny if you are into that sort of thing. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Yep, thats a done deal. The Dem will even have scientists backing her/him up. For anyone supporting this now, they shouldn’t even feign anger about that then.

And when another Sandy Hook type shooting of young ones happens, if a Liberal is in office...

But hey, DT has half a campaign promise he needs to be able to say he is keeping at upcoming campaign rallies, so long term implications be damned. It’s kinda funny if you are into that sort of thing. 

I try to be unbiased.

Our entire system of government is based on the premise that no one man should decide things. Period.

R or D. It's that simple.

Yes, Obama did it. It was wrong then too. If I didn't call him out back then (I honestly don't recall) bad on me. 

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I hope he doesn't. It's one step further down the road to tyranny.

Bush's patriot act era spy stuff was wrong. Obama doubled down. Obama's executive order governance was wrong. Trump seems to want to continue it.

Now any time Congress won't play ball we just declare emergency?

Thinking the same thing. If this low speed trainwreck is an emergency, then guns,  climate change, health care, national debt.

Also, I'd like our emergencies to be declared from WH, PEOC,Camp David, etc.

- Not Mar a Lago.

28 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I try to be unbiased.

Our entire system of government is based on the premise that no one man should decide things. Period.

Yes, Obama did it. It was wrong then too. If I didn't call him out back then (I honestly don't recall) bad on me. 

I will admit I’ve never called out anyone previously, simply because there hasn’t been an emergency declaration high profile enough for it to be argued about on the radar of someone that follows politics as (un)closely as I do. 

That said, and I suppose you all can easily prove me incorrect, but I assumed most declarations of emergency were a reaction to an event that occurred....whereas this is a reaction to Congress not supporting something Trump wanted.

And our checks and balances aside, just logically.....He is literally going to sign a negotiated and voted on bill that addresses and funds the very item that he will one minute later declare an unaddressed national emergency. Think about it. 

• Thanks 1

Trump has been talking about military bases on the border for 2 years.  He is exiting Syria.  What is next should only be a surprise to those who really aren't paying attention.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Trump has been talking about military bases on the border for 2 years.  He is exiting Syria.  What is next should only be a surprise to those who really aren't paying attention.

Using the military to police illegal immigtation also raises some legal issues under posse comitatus.

Look, I have no real problem with the wall. But it has to be done legally. And yes, I get that Congress, as per usual, is being a bunch of children and abrogating their responsibility. But such is the state of american politics. 

6 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Using the military to police illegal immigtation also raises some legal issues under posse comitatus.

Look, I have no real problem with the wall. But it has to be done legally. And yes, I get that Congress, as per usual, is being a bunch of children and abrogating their responsibility. But such is the state of american politics. 

This is on a fast track to the SC, no doubt.  

They are going to ruin this country with these people running amuck and draining our resources. My SIL is a teacher. Half the kids in her class are illegals and it requires an additional teacher to be in the room to explain things to them. Sucker taxpayer gets to pay for that. Go to the ER or the local jail in many towns and see who it's full of. 

Pretty sure...just by definition...an emergency isn't something that has been debated on the senate/house floor for months.   

• Thanks 1

Whatever. At some point everyone is going to turn around and say "what the Fock happened" ?  And when these people become a permanent voting block they are going to want stuff. And they'll get it. From you. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They are going to ruin this country with these people running amuck and draining our resources. My SIL is a teacher. Half the kids in her class are illegals and it requires an additional teacher to be in the room to explain things to them. Sucker taxpayer gets to pay for that. Go to the ER or the local jail in many towns and see who it's full of. 

Live in Sanctuary County that is in serious trouble.   The numbers thrown around are 10K new kids every year into schools.  None can read, write or speak english.  They all get free breakfast and lunch.  You can guess where all the resources go. 

I think Barry referred to it as a crisis. 

I'm of the feeling that a crisis should be dealt with. 

I think Barry guys would support that notion therefore they should support POTUS taking action to address this crisis.  

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I try to be unbiased.

It would immediately go to the courts, prolly all the way up.  We have that check.

However I am with you I wish it didn’t come to this.  But the Dems have forced his hand by not being even remotely serious about immigration.  

I mean Beto says he’d even tear down existing barriers.  Open Borders!

14 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Live in Sanctuary County that is in serious trouble.   The numbers thrown around are 10K new kids every year into schools.  None can read, write or speak english.  They all get free breakfast and lunch.  You can guess where all the resources go. 

It's an invasion. Why these idiots on the other side think it's a good idea is unexplainable. Cheap labor and the quest for it has benefitted so few and screwed so many in the history of this country. 

Some people don't seem to understand that border security falls under the president's purview, the climate doesn't. The president cannot usurp the constitution with regards to guns. The Dems may try to pull some shenanigans in the future but SCOTUS will put an end to it. 

There is a National Emergency and it's been created by years of government not doing it's job and securing the border. 

Not one liberal can come up with a valid reason why the Dems/uniparty want to keep the border open. 

The Koch brothers have to be laughing that the same clowns that were in a drum circle a few years ago railing about the 1% are now doing their bidding for them and screaching to keep the cheap labor flowing into our country.  Nice job libtards. The oligarchs and the banks thank you.  

If Trump shuts the border where will his golf courses and properties get their Mexican slave laborers?

I have to admit.  The left has done a brilliant job at brainwashing their sheep into refusing to examine any issue without invoking Trump.

Just now, TimmySmith said:

I have to admit.  The left has done a brilliant job at brainwashing their sheep into refusing to examine any issue without invoking Trump.

Crazy that Trump would come up in a discussion about Trump’s border policy. :unsure:

Put me in the camp of:  this is not a "national emergency," and it would set a bad precedent if Trump takes that route.  Whoever said that the next Dem POTUS would invoke a climate change national emergency was spot on.

Trump should get his funding the old fashioned way -- buy off folks to support their pork projects.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MDC said:

Crazy that Trump would come up in a discussion about Trump’s border policy. :unsure:

There, you just did it.  :thumbsup:

I love this part. It's a national emergency! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go spend the weekend at Mar-A-Lago.

Just now, wiffleball said:

I love this part. It's a national emergency! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go spend the weekend at Mar-A-Lago.

Does that mean he's not going to be in your head all weekend? 

58 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Put me in the camp of:  this is not a "national emergency," and it would set a bad precedent if Trump takes that route.  Whoever said that the next Dem POTUS would invoke a climate change national emergency was spot on.

Trump should get his funding the old fashioned way -- buy off folks to support their pork projects.  :thumbsup:

You realize Obama already called 12 National Emergencies and one was a national emergency for cartels at the border. I don’t know the specifics but the precedent has already been set. And the fact of the matter is there is an emergency at the border and one side is activitly working against fixing the problem. 

You also know there is funding in the budget Trump just signed for a wall in Ukraine and Poland. 

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

It would immediately go to the courts, prolly all the way up.  We have that check.

However I am with you I wish it didn’t come to this.  But the Dems have forced his hand by not being even remotely serious about immigration.  

I mean Beto says he’d even tear down existing barriers.  Open Borders!

The thing is....this is a debated issue... with valid points on both sides that has been debated for years and even been a focal point of the last 2 elections (with a split result)....Like climate change, guns, abortion, and more, people are split on the immigration issue, all of which can claim to have lives at stake ......Yet you seem to be taking the stance that those on the other side are just not taking is seriously if they don't agree with you.

I mean, I could take your exact post and change a few words to say "However I am with you I wish it didn’t come to this.  But the Republicans have forced his hand by not being even remotely serious about climate change. I mean, Trump says he’d even tear down existing environmental protections.  Pollute away!" and my post would be just as valid (I'd argue way more so actually) than yours.

It's easy for me to say because I don't think a wall is important, but I think any Republicans that support this, even if its hesitantly, are being extremely short sighted. That said, I think we are obviously trending that way anyhow. We will blow things up for a small win today even if we know it hurts us tomorrow.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Does that mean he's not going to be in your head all weekend? 

He wanted me to Let you know that it's damn tough for him to swing a club with your tongue so far up his arse.

4 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

What’s your opinion on Obama using it for DACA? Was that a national emergency?

I don't agree with any of the uses of the National emergency act so far. But if we're going to compare global warming or gun control to this fiasco let's do that for a minute.

Every single legitimate study from Trump's own border patrol has told us that we are at a decades-long low in terms of cross-border immigration. every single study has shown that the majority of illegal drugs are entering through legal ports of entry and or our own US Post office for Pete's sake.

Tens if not hundreds of thousands of people are dying from firearms in America well above the industrial nation average bye an exponential order.

There's so many instances of wild extremes in climate that it would be hard to argue that things haven't gotten worse.

so of the three things, there's only one that is documented as actually being far less urgent now than it was 40 years ago.

And that's the one that's a national emergency? Blow me.

The Koch brothers are going to snap one off in this guy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

If Trump shuts the border where will his golf courses and properties get their Mexican slave laborers?

0/10 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

0/10 

Please don’t hurt me badass. :o

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Please don’t hurt me badass. :o

Again your reading comprehension is very poor. I’ve told you countless times I don’t hit women.