Big Blue 06

Books you are reading

37 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'm reading the Red Rising series by Pierce Brown. I think a lot of you geeks would love it. It's pretty badass. Apparently they are making a tv show. 

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Rising-Pierce-Brown/dp/034553980X/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=3BT1HTTD7LXNK&keywords=red+rising+trilogy&qid=1553996853&s=gateway&sprefix=red+rising&sr=8-1

Read them... not bad.. good formulaic poor village boy becomes underdog hero story for sure.

11 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'm reading the Red Rising series by Pierce Brown. I think a lot of you geeks would love it. It's pretty badass. Apparently they are making a tv show. 

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Rising-Pierce-Brown/dp/034553980X/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=3BT1HTTD7LXNK&keywords=red+rising+trilogy&qid=1553996853&s=gateway&sprefix=red+rising&sr=8-1

I read the first one. I guess I am burned out on those kinda books

8 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I read the first one. I guess I am burned out on those kinda books

I never read sci-fi. Guess it kind of strikes me as a more manly version of hunger games. 

9 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I never read sci-fi. Guess it kind of strikes me as a more manly version of hunger games. 

That's what I mean it's a hunger games, Name of the wind, sword of truth, etc... story format.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:58 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

I finished Winter World. I think that was my single favorite book by AG Riddle. It was much more to the point than his other books, so it was nice to see a little change in style. I am now eager about the second book in the series

So actually started it this weekend.  Didn't get a ton of time to read but made it about 50% through.  Really good so far, and you're right.  It was great from the get go, no time to get into the action.

23 hours ago, Kanil said:

So actually started it this weekend.  Didn't get a ton of time to read but made it about 50% through.  Really good so far, and you're right.  It was great from the get go, no time to get into the action.

I finished it last night.  Really good and did a good job wrapping up the story while leaving part 2 open.  Glad book two is the end and I only have to wait until July for it to come out.

Currently reading the council wars by John Ringo....definately different than his other stuff.  In the second book...enjoying the history lesson.

• Like 1

12 Rules for Life, An Antidote to Chaos - Jordan Peterson

And if you want something fun to read, try this one, guy is able to point out how politicians flipflop on legislation to enrich their friends and family....cools stuff

Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends

• Like 1

I'm reading expeditionary force: book 7 renegades

Sam books Trump is reading

1 hour ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

12 Rules for Life, An Antidote to Chaos - Jordan Peterson

And if you want something fun to read, try this one, guy is able to point out how politicians flipflop on legislation to enrich their friends and family....cools stuff

Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends

I read to escape from reality.  I'd rather stab myself in the ear with a rusty railroad spike than read about politics.

Just finished Never split the difference. I thought it was amazing.

https://www.amazon.com/Never-Split-Difference-Negotiating-Depended-ebook/dp/B014DUR7L2?pldnSite=1

A former international hostage negotiator for the FBI offers a new, field-tested approach to high-stakes negotiations—whether in the boardroom or at home.

After a stint policing the rough streets of Kansas City, Missouri, Chris Voss joined the FBI, where his career as a hostage negotiator brought him face-to-face with a range of criminals, including bank robbers and terrorists. Reaching the pinnacle of his profession, he became the FBI’s lead international kidnapping negotiator. Never Split the Difference takes you inside the world of high-stakes negotiations and into Voss’s head, revealing the skills that helped him and his colleagues succeed where it mattered most: saving lives. In this practical guide, he shares the nine effective principles—counterintuitive tactics and strategies—you too can use to become more persuasive in both your professional and personal life.

Life is a series of negotiations you should be prepared for: buying a car, negotiating a salary, buying a home, renegotiating rent, deliberating with your partner. Taking emotional intelligence and intuition to the next level, Never Split the Difference gives you the competitive edge in any discussion.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:46 AM, mmmmm...beer said:

So a new author I tried out and ended up really getting into his series is Will Wright.  It's a fantasy book, sorta martial arts with different magic... anyway... pretty good series.  I was pleasently surprised.  I'll be watching this guy for sure.  The 6th book just came out... finished it in a day.  Here's the first book.  All are free on Amazon Unlimited or like $2.99 on Kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/Unsouled-Cradle-Volume-1/dp/B07GT7XT9T/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=RSULNR1M8O0W&keywords=will+wright+cradle&qid=1551979196&s=gateway&sprefix=will+wright&sr=8-6

Cruising through this series.  Currently on book 6.

• Like 1

I have been reading the books based on the series Monk...  Really quick reads and nice relaxing stories...

48 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Cruising through this series.  Currently on book 6.

I started the Traveler series with House of Blades. Honestly i didn't like it. I am pretty sure it was an early series in his career, so his style hadn't been refined yet. In the Cradle series he wasted no words and made every book as smooth of a read as I have read. In House of Blades he skips details a little too much and doesn't transition between events very smoothly. 

• Like 1

The Last Tribe by Brad Emanuel.

I've always been drawn to post apocalyptic survival stories for some reason.  This one is doesn't have zombies, road warriors or smokers, but it's still pretty entertaining.

The Dixons are pandemic survivors, the last known people alive in a newly destroyed post-apocalyptic United States. As the flu virus ravaged across the country, the four adult brothers and one teenage son were separated. Chaos, fear, and the coming of winter forced them to wait for the world to die before they could start to find one another. 

Now that winter is past, and the world is dead, they must begin their journey. Guided by their last phone call together before power and cell phones were lost, one message drives them. 

“Get to Hanover.” A remote northeastern hometown where they believe they’ll be safe. 
As the Dixons struggle to reunite, new questions arise. Should they look for survivors, and when and if they find others, where should they settle to restart humanity?

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'm going to Vietnam next week. So I'm reading novels and histories on that.

Anyone got a good Nam book?

Word of Honor and Up Country by Nelson Demille.  

Both fiction novels about incidents that took place during The Vietnam War 

Just got this in my email book guys.

All Will Wights ebooks for free... if you haven't had a chance to read the Cradle series, here you go.

blocked

This Thursday, I'm giving my ebooks away!

If you or someone you know is suffering from a terrible lack of books, fear not! I have decided to make all my individual ebooks free all day on July 4th, so you can remedy your terminal case of book withdrawal.

Pro tip: The collections (Traveler's Gate Trilogy Collection and the Cradle Foundation Collection) won't be free, but allthe books inside them will be, so just pick them up individually if you want them. Every novel I've ever written will be free.

I'm warning you now so that you have the time to spread the joy of free books far and wide! Happy 4th of July!

-Will

Copyright © 2019 Hidden Gnome Publishing, All rights reserved. 
You are receiving this email because you opted in at www.WillWight.com to be updated on new book releases. If you're seeing this email, you've succeeded! Congratulations! If you'd like to talk to our shipping department about your new cyborg implants, press the star key. 

Our mailing address is: 
Hidden Gnome Publishing
P.O. Box 350501
Palm Coast, FL 32135

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list. 

Hey beer...so I picked up that Ringo series that starts with Ghost..the navy seal one.   Christ it is like 50 shades of gray lol...wtf.

I just started the Wheel of Time. 

3 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Hey beer...so I picked up that Ringo series that starts with Ghost..the navy seal one.   Christ it is like 50 shades of gray lol...wtf.

Ya that one needs a warning/disclaimer.  Good when it's not about his dark vice.  I read he was going for a duality of man type of thing.  Can you root for a hero fatally flawed?

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Oh that fockers long....  at least you don't have to wait years for the last books to be done like we did, only to have the author die!!  They had Brandon Sanderson (Mistborn series and a great author) finish the series.

Looks like they are doing a tv show, ala Gsmr of Thrones, about this series.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Great series. Took me 20 years to finish. The authors fault, not mine.

And you could easily cut several thousand pages out and not miss a thing. 

26 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Oh that fockers long....  at least you don't have to wait years for the last books to be done like we did, only to have the author die!!  They had Brandon Sanderson (Mistborn series and a great author) finish the series.

Looks like they are doing a tv show, ala Gsmr of Thrones, about this series.

The TV show is why I started reading it. I never read Mistborn, but love the Storm light archives by Sanderson. Knowing he finished the books is another reason I picked it up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Great series. Took me 20 years to finish. The authors fault, not mine.

And you could easily cut several thousand pages out and not miss a thing. 

So I've heard which books do you suggest I skip?

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

So I've heard which books do you suggest I skip?

Can't really... towards the end you're like... fock... we could have the big battle already..  wtf... lots of character development in that series made you like the characters... but lots to wrap  up/keep in line later.

10 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Can't really... towards the end you're like... fock... we could have the big battle already..  wtf... lots of character development in that series made you like the characters... but lots to wrap  up/keep in line later.

Agreed. It's not like entire books that are superfluous. Just large chunks here and there. You'll figure out where to skim. 

I've read through book 7 of WoT at least 3 times.  Always end up quitting after or during 7.  I doubt I'll ever pick it up again.

For those that read Winter World by AG Riddle, the second (and final) book Solar War has released.

16 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Just got this in my email book guys.

All Will Wights ebooks for free... if you haven't had a chance to read the Cradle series, here you go.

Thanks!  I'm up to date on the Cradle series (I think on your suggestion) and it's possibly my favorite series of all time.  Very excited for the next book in August.

Will Wight release schedule

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kanil said:

For those that read Winter World by AG Riddle, the second (and final) book Solar War has released.

Winter World is in my que...  wait it's "The Winter Soldier" thats in my que... nvm.

Just now, mmmmm...beer said:

Winter World is in my que... worth it?

It was really good.  I'm more of a fantasy than a sci-fi fan but Winter World put me on a sci-fi binge.  It's excellent.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Thanks!  I'm up to date on the Cradle series (I think on your suggestion) and it's possibly my favorite series of all time.  Very excited for the next book in August.

Will Wight release schedule

Holeeee... that's a lot of forthcoming Cradle books.  Something to look forward too I guess.

11 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Can't help you with Winter Soldier.

More of a war/love story.  Accidentially bought it thinking I was buying winter world a few months back! 😠...😄

16 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Holeeee... that's a lot of forthcoming Cradle books.  Something to look forward too I guess.

Two a year seems to be a crazy pace but I'm all for it.

• Like 1