Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Play gm for your team and manage your cap

It's only harder because you can't trade.  I mean, I'd have no problem at all in cutting Winston and his $20M.  I mean, that would take me 0.2 seconds.  The problem is McCoy and Jackson.  While I can cut them and get the cap savings, I'd rather trade them because I know I could get something for them.  Them 3, plus Vinny Curry... I just shaved almost $52M off our payroll and didn't even hurt the team.

If I was a GM, I would never pay an offensive skill position player a premium besides qb. I would pay offensive linemen, defensive linemen, and corners top dollar. If I had a MBL like Lee or Kuechly, I would pay them also. The rest would be replenished through the draft or bargain free agency signings. I also would never hire a coach who was stuburn and unwilling to change his plan based on his personnel. Freddy Kitchens impressed me a bit when he said he didn't have a set system, but a system that adapts to the strengths of his players. It seems like a simple concept, yet most coaches do not seem to be able to utilize it. 

On 2/23/2019 at 10:24 AM, Frozenbeernuts said:

If I was a GM, I would never pay an offensive skill position player a premium besides qb. I would pay offensive linemen, defensive linemen, and corners top dollar. If I had a MBL like Lee or Kuechly, I would pay them also. The rest would be replenished through the draft or bargain free agency signings. I also would never hire a coach who was stuburn and unwilling to change his plan based on his personnel. Freddy Kitchens impressed me a bit when he said he didn't have a set system, but a system that adapts to the strengths of his players. It seems like a simple concept, yet most coaches do not seem to be able to utilize it. 

I'm with you in this completely. It is nice to see the Bears with a decent defensive backfield. From a fan's perspective, it makes the games fun. 

Sounds like the Hoody.