Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

**Official MLB 2019**

And with all the Yankmees success, they still have never beaten the Tigers in a playoff series, so ya got that goin for ya son

6 minutes ago, nospk said:

And with all the Yankmees success, they still have never beaten the Tigers in a playoff series, so ya got that goin for ya son

Yeah, that really burns me up. Maybe if the Tigers made the playoffs more often......

You love to brag about the Yankers great history. In 3 playoff series in the past 12 years, the Tigers own them 10 wins to 3. Not even close. Deflect away! 

Just now, crackattack said:

Guess which team has played the easiest schedule to date? 

Let me guess? The Yankees? The question you should be asking is what is their record against the good teams they have played. The AL is full of tomato cans. Everyone gets to play them. I bet you won't answer that though. I'll give you a hint though: It's pretty darn good! 

4 minutes ago, nospk said:

You love to brag about the Yankers great history. In 3 playoff series in the past 12 years, the Tigers own them 10 wins to 3. Not even close. Deflect away! 

1984 called and sent its congratulations. And how's that Verlander trade working out? Who needs that guy?  But hey, keeping Cabrera in Ring Dings and Funions can get pretty expensive. 

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He would rather have is beard than go to the big, big show. Sour grapes. 

Incorrect...

"Despite being labeled as the reported favorites to land Keuchel, the Yankees seem content to only offer a pro-rated one-year, $17.9 million deal, the on-paper dollars matching the qualifying offer the veteran left-hander turned down from the Houston Astros during the offseason. In actual dollars, Keuchel would receive roughly $11.5 million for the rest of the season if he signed Thursday."

6 minutes ago, posty said:

Incorrect...

"Despite being labeled as the reported favorites to land Keuchel, the Yankees seem content to only offer a pro-rated one-year, $17.9 million deal, the on-paper dollars matching the qualifying offer the veteran left-hander turned down from the Houston Astros during the offseason. In actual dollars, Keuchel would receive roughly $11.5 million for the rest of the season if he signed Thursday."

I have sour grapes. I guess he didn't factor in the WS share he's going to miss out on. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have sour grapes. 

Understandable...

I was kind of shocked that he signed with the Braves as well...

At least Didi is back. Going to play him two on, one off. Love it. My favorite current Yankee. Too bad Tulowitzki didn't work out. 

Really impressed with Zach Plesac so far. Shut down Boston and NY power lineups, and the White Sox. I know it's a small sample, and the league will catch up, but not bad for an Indiana kid that played his collegiate ball in the MAC. Ball State.

Eta: 12th round pick. Good for him.

• Like 1

Now the Yankees lose German. It never stops. You have to wonder how long this band of misfits, cast offs and no names can keep it together. 

Whew. Yankees needed that one. Didi has to make that play. 

Yelich

Home     Away

BA.        .438.       .259

HR.         19              5

SO.          16.           27

Muncy to Bumgarner

”If you don’t want me to watch the ball, you can go get it out of the ocean.”  

• Haha 2

Bumgarner's schtick is old. Stop focking crying when a hitter goes yard and admires his work. Don't like it, then don't give it up. Dude gets mad at everything.

4 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Yelich

Home     Away

BA.        .438.       .259

HR.         19              5

SO.          16.           27

On the road he's just another Bryce Harper.  :dunno:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

On the road he's just another Bryce Harper.  :dunno:

People argue that Ruth and other Yankees had it easy in the House that Ruth built, but check these numbers out.  Is Miller Park really that much of and advantage for a left-handed hitter?

Babe Ruth - Career 

Home            Away

BA        .346                .338

HR         347                 367

SO         614                  717

Mickey Mantle - Career

BA          .305               .291

HR           266               270

SO           807                911

27 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

People argue that Ruth and other Yankees had it easy in the House that Ruth built, but check these numbers out.  Is Miller Park really that much of and advantage for a left-handed hitter?

Babe Ruth - Career 

Home            Away

BA        .346                .338

HR         347                 367

SO         614                  717

Mickey Mantle - Career

BA          .305               .291

HR           266               270

SO           807                911

So much for that Yankee stadium makes hitters better nonsense 

8 hours ago, vuduchile said:

13 dingers in Philly tonight.  

Thats an MLB first. 

None by you know who.  Atlanta catches Philly, both Nats and Mets coming on.  The NL East will be a fun ride this summer.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

None by you know who.  Atlanta catches Philly, both Nats and Mets coming on.  The NL East will be a fun ride this summer.

I didn’t realize sh!thair didn’t get in on the act.  Even better.  

Yanks have hit the skids. Kinda had the feeling that it wasn't going to last. No confidence in any starting pitcher right now. Stanton and Judge on the way back but it won't be enough without a stopper. 

Edwin Encarnacion traded to the Yankees. Another lowly castoff, no name scrub. However will the Yankees compete  :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Edwin Encarnacion traded to the Yankees. Another lowly castoff, no name scrub. However will the Yankees compete  :lol:

Makes me think something is up. He's not really a great fit if Stanton and Judge are on the way back. 

15 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Makes me think something is up. He's not really a great fit if Stanton and Judge are on the way back. 

I'd imagine when Stanton and Judge get back the Yanks will be sending Frazier and Tauchman(spelling?) down. Release/trade Morales. Or, move some of these pieces to upgrade their pitching/Bullpen. 

Encarnacion will be a great backup 1st base/alternating DH. He also allows the outfield to alternate from starting to DH. What a great pickup. So many options for the Yankees now.

1 hour ago, crackattack said:

I'd imagine when Stanton and Judge get back the Yanks will be sending Frazier and Tauchman(spelling?) down. Release/trade Morales. Or, move some of these pieces to upgrade their pitching/Bullpen. 

Encarnacion will be a great backup 1st base/alternating DH. He also allows the outfield to alternate from starting to DH. What a great pickup. So many options for the Yankees now.

It really was a good trade for the Yankees.  Only paying him 3 million this year.  Gives them a chance to give their big sluggers days off.

I don't know who the TV announcer for Boston is, the one with the heavy Boston accent, but he makes listening to the game impossible. Just horrible. Thank God for the baseball package, I can flip it to the Baltimore announcers.

He's as bad as Hawk Harrelson.

22 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Jerry Remy?

Yes. I had to Google to see his face. 

ETA. Not saying he doesn't know his stuff, it's simply the heavy accent. 

Yanks back on track. Looking good for the sweep.  Remember when people here were saying they hadn't played anyone good? Still need a top of the rotation stud. Get that and I'll have to make them co-favorites with the Astros. No disrespect to the Twins. 

Nice win for the Yanks last night, with a farmhand taking the mound. Three more vs the best. One would be nice, three would be outstanding. Four is pushing it. 

Is there a more overrated stat than what has become of OPS?  In the homerun age, that is all it measures.  That and walks.  It was a Moneyball stat.  A ton of walks with a smattering of HRs can make someone $330M.  

10 PAs with 3 walks and 1-7 with one HR = OPS of .971 = HOF.  Really?

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Is there a more overrated stat than what has become of OPS?  In the homerun age, that is all it measures.  That and walks.  It was a Moneyball stat.  A ton of walks with a smattering of HRs can make someone $330M.  

10 PAs with 3 walks and 1-7 with one HR = OPS of .971 = HOF.  Really?

I understand why it's a thing, but I don't pay attention to it.  Being disciplined enough to take walks certainly helps the team, but it's not a good measure of actual baseball talent.  

I still look at batting avg as they key offensive stat.