Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

**Official MLB 2019**

2 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

focking brutal

I thought Bryce would transform the hitting lineup. Losing Cutch was a huge blow but there’s something deeply wrong with this team at the plate. They changed half the batting order and still can’t manufacture runs. The defense is still atrocious. The bullpen still blows leads. The starting pitching has regressed.

Major organizational change is badly needed. Fire the GM and manager, burn it down.

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

I thought Bryce would transform the hitting lineup. Losing Cutch was a huge blow but there’s something deeply wrong with this team at the plate. They changed half the batting order and still can’t manufacture runs. The defense is still atrocious. The bullpen still blows leads. The starting pitching has regressed.

Major organizational change is badly needed. Fire the GM and manager, burn it down.

yup. 1st couple weeks of season i said this was best phils hitting lineup i ever seen. wtf happened!!! nola needs to step up. harper better get his sh;t together or fans gonna really turn on him soon.

So glad the Yankees didn't even sniff around Harper. 

Much like it is in the business world, individual stats are not the measure, but merely a component of the measure. If you look at OPS only, then you may get skewed results. While your sample size is small and not likely to happen over a larger sample, it needs to be a factor.  

We need to look at more than just OPS (or any other stat)

That's two for the Yanks vs the best. Gladly take one more from these guys. 

16 hours ago, MDC said:

Looks like Harper won’t be an all star this year.  Sorta surprising since the fan vote is basically a popularity contest.  

16 hours ago, porkbutt said:

yup. 1st couple weeks of season i said this was best phils hitting lineup i ever seen. wtf happened!!! nola needs to step up. harper better get his sh;t together or fans gonna really turn on him soon.

18 hours ago, MDC said:

No on field leadership. Said it before, Bryce was not that guy in DC and won't be in Philly. Not built for it. Yet everyone expects him to be, including him. Philly brought in Bruce to try to be that guy, but he is a selfish fock also. Firing the GM won't help this particular problem.

Atlanta has it all. Great leadership, hitting and pitching.  Don't think anyone will catch them.

10 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

No on field leadership. Said it before, Bryce was not that guy in DC and won't be in Philly. Not built for it. Yet everyone expects him to be, including him. Philly brought in Bruce to try to be that guy, but he is a selfish fock also. Firing the GM won't help this particular problem.

Atlanta has it all. Great leadership, hitting and pitching.  Don't think anyone will catch them.

Firing the GM won’t change this team, but this team has developed exactly one above average position player (Hoskins) in about 10 years. The Phillies problem clearly go well beyond one player or signing. 

Theyll finish around .500 and fire Gabe.

Hmm the Phillies:

1.  Starting pitching is sorely lacking.  Honestly, they probably need 2 more quality starters.

2. Hitting....Segura and Harper are both having down years at the same time.  Maikel Franco started hot and now is even having a down year for HIM which is baaaad. 

3. Scott Kingery is just a young pup. 

4. Lost Andrew McCutcheon to a torn ACL, however he was having probably his worst year in the bigs so its not a huge loss.

The Phillies are loaded with pitching prospects, so it would make sense to deal some of them to get an established ace.  Unfortunately, getting 1 ace is likely not enough because they still NEED Harper and Segura to hit better.  I think the Phillies need to bite the bullet here and assume the hitting will come around in the second half and trade for an ace.  Maybe even do ANOTHER Jay Bruce type of deal.  When you sign Harper, the time is go for it is now....

The thing about the MLB playoffs is that it is very random.  So when you are opening a window of contention, so always go for it, because you just NEVER know what will happen.  A lot of times, when you are in a window of contention for 3-6 years, your BEST team in that period gets knocked out of the playoffs early, while one of your weakest teams makes a deep run.  So always go for it.  You just never know.

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That's two for the Yanks vs the best. Gladly take one more from these guys. 

Yankees are playing the Dodgers?

1 hour ago, posty said:

Yankees are playing the Dodgers?

AL. And you know what I meant. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

AL. And you know what I meant. 

Twins?

;)

3 minutes ago, posty said:

Twins?

Nice little team. But we're talkin bout the big boys. 

In 96 post season appearances, Mariano Rivera had an 0.70 ERA. Both of those numbers are incredible.  

Pains me to say this, but if the Yankees can get help with their bullpen and pick up a SP1 or SP2 type, they're the frontrunners. That lineup is crazy good. :mad:

20 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Pains me to say this, but if the Yankees can get help with their bullpen and pick up a SP1 or SP2 type, they're the frontrunners. That lineup is crazy good. :mad:

Hopefully Betwnces makes it back. No one knows. But yeah, we need a stud and for the starters to give some length. At some point overused bullpens start to show it. Torre did it all the time. But he had Mo lurking. 

I know most of you phags are east coasters but if you get a chance to watch Fernando tatis at all you are in for a treat he’s becoming on of the most exciting players I’ve ever seen. Dude just scored on a normal pop up to 2b. Crazy

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/padres-vs-pirates/2019/06/23/566215#game_state=live,game_tab=videos,game=566215

• Thanks 1

JV is THE best, what happened SkansFan? Lol only one 3 run dinger against him 

50 minutes ago, nospk said:

JV is THE best, what happened SkansFan? Lol only one 3 run dinger against him 

Sure is. But 3 of 4.  Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. 

Indians keep rolling. Best record in the AL for the month of June. No quit in these guys. Very fun to watch. Can't wait until they're completely healthy.

Just now, crackattack said:

Indians keep rolling. Best record in the AL for the month of June. No quit in these guys. Very fun to watch. Can't wait until they're completely healthy.

It would be great if Bauer got his shite together. Killing my fantasy team so far. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It would be great if Bauer got his shite together. Killing my fantasy team so far. 

Agree. Ever since he made fun of Bregman he's been shitt. 

There's lots of talk of the Yankees going after Stroman, but I'd prefer they pursue Bumgarner. I want the guy with big time post season success. Not to get cocky, but I think the Yankees are going to the playoffs. I want the guy who has killed it in the post season. 

On 6/23/2019 at 10:13 AM, crackattack said:

Yankees have great hitters but really need an ace.

Dodgers have great hitters and very good starting pitching but really need bullpen help.

Astros can hit but need bullpen help and also want an ace.

Indians have the best bullpen and very good starting pitching but need another big bat.

Twins have a very good hitting line up and need more pitching in general.

Braves have great hitting but a bad bullpen and probably need another starter too.

Cubs need another bat.

Brewers need an ace.

Lot of interesting teams that need 1 more piece.

5 hours ago, riversco said:

Yankees have great hitters but really need an ace.

Dodgers have great hitters and very good starting pitching but really need bullpen help.

Astros can hit but need bullpen help and also want an ace.

Indians have the best bullpen and very good starting pitching but need another big bat.

Twins have a very good hitting line up and need more pitching in general.

Braves have great hitting but a bad bullpen and probably need another starter too.

Cubs need another bat.

Brewers need an ace.

Lot of interesting teams that need 1 more piece.

The Cubs can always use another hitter, but they need better pitching.  

Starters are older and they don’t have enough left handed relievers. Darvish doesn’t have a single win this season   

The new kid looks promising, but who knows if he’ll stay up.  

They also make too many base running mistakes. 

The blueprint to win in baseball is to have the best bullpen.  Then couple that with good starting pitching and enough hitting.  You shorten the game to 5-6 innings.  If the other team cannot beat you in the first 5-6 innings, you win because you're bullpen will be lights out.  Also critical is to avoid the wild card game.

The Athletics last year were very very dangerous because they had a great bullpen and enough starting pitching and hitting.  They wound up in the wild card game though and the Yankees knocked them out.  Right now the Indians are that very dangerous team because they have the best bullpen in MLB and they've got enough starting pitching and just need to trade for a big bat (unless Bobby Bradley does well for half a season).  The problem again is they are headed for that wild card game and might not survive it.

Looking at the league, I'd make a wager on the Indians.  But the Twins are screwing them over which means probably the Yankees win the world series instead.

13 minutes ago, riversco said:

The blueprint to win in baseball is to have the best bullpen.  Then couple that with good starting pitching and enough hitting.  You shorten the game to 5-6 innings.  If the other team cannot beat you in the first 5-6 innings, you win because you're bullpen will be lights out.  Also critical is to avoid the wild card game.

The Athletics last year were very very dangerous because they had a great bullpen and enough starting pitching and hitting.  They wound up in the wild card game though and the Yankees knocked them out.  Right now the Indians are that very dangerous team because they have the best bullpen in MLB and they've got enough starting pitching and just need to trade for a big bat (unless Bobby Bradley does well for half a season).  The problem again is they are headed for that wild card game and might not survive it.

Looking at the league, I'd make a wager on the Indians.  But the Twins are screwing them over which means probably the Yankees win the world series instead.

Indians are dangerous when healthy. They still need a big bat, even if Bradley does well. Ramirez is still struggling, Kipnis is playing well above his norms. Perez can't possibly keep up his hitting.....right? Jake Bauers has been a huge letdown. Luplow is meh. Naquin is inconsistent. 

I'm a big Indians fan, but I still think they have too many holes in that lineup against "playoff caliber" pitching. 

14 minutes ago, riversco said:

Nah indians are fine.  Hitting isnt the crucial component. Bullpen is.  

Red Sox are focked then.  

Wasn't aware. Stopped going a while ago. Place is full of rich diks and third world mongrels. I'm not spending 400 bucks to be in between those two.  

3 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Red Sox are focked then.  

Depends.  Indians get knocked out in the wild card, there might not be a dominant pen left alive.  

What makes baseball enjoyable is few teams know how to properly construct a team.  There are so many good teams with terrible to mediocre bullpens

I am truly enjoying this Yankee season.  They are heading to London a shocking 7 games clear of the Rays and 9 ahead of the Red Sox.

SP:  The Yankees need another starting pitcher, and they will add one.  I would love for it to be Bumgarner, as he is proven in the playoffs and the Yankees are on the way there.  However, if they get Stroman from Toronto, he would be a solid get for them as well.  Best case is that Severino pitches for them at some point this year and finds his form quickly.

Bullpen:  the Yankees bullpen is crazy good.  They can throw out 3 guys with an ERA under 2, and Kahnle and Chad Green look to have righted the ship.  If Betances gets healthy, then you can look for your starter to get 5 good innings and finish a game from there.

Lineup:  Incredible lineup from top to bottom.  Stanton just went back on the DL (I’m not calling it the IL, as that is stupid).  It’s a shame for him, as he’s only played about 10 games this season.  The rest of the lineup is healthy though and they are all hitting.  1-9 there are no real weak spots. DJ LeMahieu has been a steal at 12 million this year. Leading the AL in batting (around .336 or so) with 50 RBIs.  Also, batting almost .500 with runners in scoring position.  Those numbers are ridiculous.  

58 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I am truly enjoying this Yankee season.  They are heading to London a shocking 7 games clear of the Rays and 9 ahead of the Red Sox.

SP:  The Yankees need another starting pitcher, and they will add one.  I would love for it to be Bumgarner, as he is proven in the playoffs and the Yankees are on the way there.  However, if they get Stroman from Toronto, he would be a solid get for them as well.  Best case is that Severino pitches for them at some point this year and finds his form quickly.

Bullpen:  the Yankees bullpen is crazy good.  They can throw out 3 guys with an ERA under 2, and Kahnle and Chad Green look to have righted the ship.  If Betances gets healthy, then you can look for your starter to get 5 good innings and finish a game from there.

That's too many ifs regarding their bullpen.  IF some have truly righted the ship.  If Betances gets healthy.  That's like saying IF Andrew Miller is finally healthy again in 2018.  The bullpen is too important to be playing around with ifs like that.  Its good but not crazy good.

6 hours ago, riversco said:

That's too many ifs regarding their bullpen.  IF some have truly righted the ship.  If Betances gets healthy.  That's like saying IF Andrew Miller is finally healthy again in 2018.  The bullpen is too important to be playing around with ifs like that.  Its good but not crazy good.

That’s a fair point.  I will amend it to say that if Betances comes back as he was, then they can be crazy good.

for right now, they can make it a 6 inning game and throw Ottivino (1.40 ERA), Britton (2.3) and Chapman (1.45) out there.  That’s better than most can say, and with the lineup being what it is, it should be enough.

4 minutes ago, posty said:

Winning by four runs is not a thrashing...

If you're a Boston fan you think you got thrashed. But thanks Posty. You'll never get the NY/Boston thing. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You'll never get the NY/Boston thing. 

Thank God...