Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

**Official MLB 2019**

1 hour ago, crackattack said:

Mets have been on a great run.

Indians about to start a brutal 10 game stretch. 3 against Boston, 4 at Yankees, and 3 at the Mets. 

Red Sox are done. Stick a fork in them.  Yankees and Mets?  Different story.  

I will be glad when the Braves are done playing Miami...  Yes they are 12-4 against them, but it seems like most of the games even if they get out to a nice lead, the Marlins battle back to either tie it or take the lead...

Indians regain their rightful spot atop the AL Central. Even if it's short lived, they've had a hell of a run this last month and a half :thumbsup:

Huge 4 game series for Cleveland.  As much as I’ve been enjoying this Yankees season, it’ll be nice to see them play a quality team after 10 games against the worst garbage in baseball.

Indians need to keep winning because the Twins are winning and don’t seem inclined to go away.  I’m enjoying that division race and it’ll probably go down to the wire.

7 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Yankees better wake up. This isn't Baltimore they're playing.

Can't see Chad Green starting a playoff game. No sweat. 

49 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Eh, not their night.  can’t win em all, and Cleveland is a very good team.

Cubs leading 5-1 going to the bottom of the 9th.  They gave up 6, including a walk off grand slam to focking Harper. 

Darvish actually did well, and turned over a winnable game to the bullpen who once again managed to blow it.  

This sh!t needs to stop now.  

13 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Cubs leading 5-1 going to the bottom of the 9th.  They gave up 6, including a walk off grand slam to focking Harper. 

I got the alert on my phone and was like :doh:

3 minutes ago, nzoner said:

I got the alert on my phone and was like :doh:

I think I have to come to grips with the fact that this Cubs team is just mediocre.  It doesn't seem possible with all the talent they have, but they just can't seem to get all cylinders firing at once.

Last night, they were missing Baez and Contreras and they still managed to score enough to win that game.  Kimbrel is still on the IL, and Pedro Strop is just not a closer.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

I think I have to come to grips with the fact that this Cubs team is just mediocre.  It doesn't seem possible with all the talent they have, but they just can't seem to get all cylinders firing at once.

Last night, they were missing Baez and Contreras and they still managed to score enough to win that game.  Kimbrel is still on the IL, and Pedro Strop is just not a closer.  

A good friend of mine believes it's the absence of Zobrist,that he brought a unity to the club.just his .02

1 hour ago, nzoner said:

A good friend of mine believes it's the absence of Zobrist,that he brought a unity to the club.just his .02

He's on a rehab assignment in AAA right now.  He should be back soon. 

On 8/9/2019 at 10:35 AM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

If Tatis doesn’t win ROY it’s bogus

Sorry to hear about your guy. That sux!

Looks like Tatis might be out for the year...   Looks like Alonso might have just locked up NL ROY...

ROY is probably a forgone conclusion, MVP, that talk is on the table.

20 minutes ago, posty said:

Looks like Tatis might be out for the year...   Looks like Alonso might have just locked up NL ROY...

59 minutes ago, Reality said:

ROY is probably a forgone conclusion, MVP, that talk is on the table.

No it's not. ROY yes. MVP that's funny.

8 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I dont think hes talking about Alonso

the debate is Bellinger vs Yelich vs Acuna 

My bad. It's going to Bellinger. Done deal.

Go Urshela. Ex Indian. Guy couldn't hit above. 220. He has gold glove type defense. So glad he turned his hitting around. A steal for the Yankees. Happy to see him succeed 👍

59 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Go Urshela. Ex Indian. Guy couldn't hit above. 220. He has gold glove type defense. So glad he turned his hitting around. A steal for the Yankees. Happy to see him succeed 👍

Love this guy, he plays the right way.  Great defense and she has gotten his bat straightened out.  16 more at bats will have him qualifying, and in the lead, for the batting title.

3 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

Love this guy, he plays the right way.  Great defense and she has gotten his bat straightened out.  16 more at bats will have him qualifying, and in the lead, for the batting title.

As long as he keeps using someone else's pee for the roids testing all should be well.

On 8/15/2019 at 7:28 PM, crackattack said:

The 1948 Yankees called and said thanks for the advice. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The 1948 Yankees called and said thanks for the advice. 

:lol:

Trout just hit a career high 42nd home run...  He should be a lock for his third MVP award (unless he gets hurt again)...

2 minutes ago, posty said:

Trout just hit a career high 42nd home run...  He should be a lock for his third MVP award (unless he gets hurt again)...

Dude is amazing too bad he will never experience ultimate success in baseball.  Unless he is traded.

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Dude is amazing too bad he will never experience ultimate success in baseball.  Unless he is traded.

He is there until 2030...  The Angels can't be out of the playoffs every year, no?

He is there until 2030...  The Angels can't be out of the playoffs every year, no?

What makes you believe they will make the playoffs?  Albert was the last one that was going to deliver them to the promised land well it is now past time for him to retire.   

Just now, Bert said:

What makes you believe they will make the playoffs?  Albert was the last one that was going to deliver them to the promised land well it is now past time for him to retire.   

One would think in next 11 years, they would win the division or sneak into a wild card...  Not saying it will happen, but one would think it could happen...

One would think in next 11 years, they would win the division or sneak into a wild card...  Not saying it will happen, but one would think it could happen...

And you would think it would not take the cubs a 100+ years to win a world series......but it did.

Just now, Bert said:

And you would think it would not take the cubs a 100+ years to win a world series......but it did.

Yeah I know...  I guess just wishful thinking/hoping to see Trout make it to the post-season again...

Just now, posty said:

Yeah I know...  I guess just wishful thinking/hoping to see Trout make it to the post-season again...

I agree the guy is a helluva player and by all accounts a class act.  

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Loving those MVP chants in Flushing.

:headbanger:

For whom?

12 minutes ago, posty said:

For whom?

If you concentrate really hard, I have faith, you'll figure it out.

Strasburg gets pulled with a shutout after 7. 94 pitches.  Reason 1000000 why MLB is a joke.  Pitch counts trump common sense.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Strasburg gets pulled with a shutout after 7. 94 pitches.  Reason 1000000 why MLB is a joke.  Pitch counts trump common sense.

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/pitching/picomg4.shtml

Blyleven does the Twins commentary sometimes and this is one of his biggest complaints.  Not sure if it has to do with all the baseball metrics or specialization  or the fact that a lot of these guys are throwing harder for longer periods of time.  Dunno.  Whatever the case, pitchers who go 9 are a dying breed.