Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

**Official MLB 2019**

11 hours ago, Reality said:

If you concentrate really hard, I have faith, you'll figure it out.

That's the thing, no one the Mets even deserve to be in the top three at least...

30 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/pitching/picomg4.shtml

Blyleven does the Twins commentary sometimes and this is one of his biggest complaints.  Not sure if it has to do with all the baseball metrics or specialization  or the fact that a lot of these guys are throwing harder for longer periods of time.  Dunno.  Whatever the case, pitchers who go 9 are a dying breed.

As far as I know, there are no metrics or science behind pitch counts. Particularly the 100 number.  It's completely imaginary.  But it's now ingrained in the brains of pitchers, managers, GMs and most of all, agents.

11 minutes ago, posty said:

That's the thing, no one the Mets even deserve to be in the top three at least...

Seriously? Is your goal to have zero credibility when it comes to baseball? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Seriously? Is your goal to have zero credibility when it comes to baseball? 

:lol:

You already have zero credibility being a Yankees "fan"...

Just now, posty said:

HT also thinks kickers are more important than RBs and Zack Ertz is just a “faster Jason Witten.” :lol: 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, posty said:

He's flirting with 3rd..  Check out some stats.

Of course, you shouldn't give MVP to a player who's team doesn't make the playoffs.  That could deny a few players.

24 minutes ago, MDC said:

HT also thinks kickers are more important than RBs and Zack Ertz is just a “faster Jason Witten.” :lol: 

You're such a dope. I laugh how easy it was to get you riled up about Ertz. Mr. Philadelphia indeed. Lol. 

27 minutes ago, posty said:

Bobby Cox was right in game 6 in 96.  Oh well, it happens. Lol. 

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

He's flirting with 3rd..  Check out some stats.

Of course, you shouldn't give MVP to a player who's team doesn't make the playoffs.  That could deny a few players.

Yes, he is definitely flirting with third, I would put him fourth at the moment behind Yelich, Bellinger and Rendon...  The .271 average (compared to the others) and 134 strikeouts drop him down in my book...

But he is fun to watch and should have some MVPs in the future...

Cubs fans are probably the only ones who care but Brandon Morrow was officially ruled out for the rest of the season today. 

Any hope of him rescuing this bullpen have now been dashed.  

They remain one solid reliever short going into crunch time.   

Great batting title race. 11 guys within 17 points of of the top. My man Anthony Rendon is having another silent MVP caliber season. The quietest superstar in baseball. About to get paid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Great batting title race. 11 guys within 17 points of of the top. My man Anthony Rendon is having another silent MVP caliber season. The quietest superstar in baseball. About to get paid.

And probably not by the Nationals...

13 minutes ago, posty said:

And probably not by the Nationals...

His offer will be higher than Bryce's. Whether he accepts it is another story.  10/350.

15 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

His offer will be higher than Bryce's. Whether he accepts it is another story.  10/350.

Really?  You think that high?

I am guessing around the 8/250 range...

2 minutes ago, posty said:

Really?  You think that high?

I am guessing around the 8/250 range...

Boros controls all so we'll see.  8/250 seems reasonable for a 30 year old.  We do know Rendon doesn't love the spotlight and loves DC. Leaving to be the face of another franchise doesn't seem like a right fit. He's a Texan, so the Rangers or Astros might tempt him.

16 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Cubs fans are probably the only ones who care but Brandon Morrow was officially ruled out for the rest of the season today. 

Any hope of him rescuing this bullpen have now been dashed.  

They remain one solid reliever short going into crunch time.   

Last nights game was not televised in my area :wall:

Getting ready to watch today and probably be a 2-1 game

38 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Lots of offense last night.  Kimbrel did close it out.  

Yankees stumbling. Good thing they have a nice sized lead. Their major weakness, starting pitching, being exposed. How much longer are they going to trot out Sabathia? It's over with him.  Cashman focked up. 

I like the trash talk from the Indians Twitter account.  This type of back and forth is fun.

Also makes the sweep that much more enjoyable.  Pretty sure the Indians think the Mets are for real..

:first:

Of course the Mets are for real, but it doesn't change the fact they're a fringe playoff team. The Indians are a fringe playoff team :dunno:

It was a tough series for me, cause I'm a big fan of Mickey Callaway. For obvious reasons. If the Mets make it, they'll be the NL team I root for 👍

Oh yippee...  Player's Weekend...  Time to head to some minor league games...

1 hour ago, crackattack said:

Of course the Mets are for real, but it doesn't change the fact they're a fringe playoff team. The Indians are a fringe playoff team :dunno:

It was a tough series for me, cause I'm a big fan of Mickey Callaway. For obvious reasons. If the Mets make it, they'll be the NL team I root for 👍

Agreed but, I like the back and forth.

Makes it fun.  I've always had an affinity for the Indians.  I blame it on being very young when I first watched Major league.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Reality said:

Agreed but, I like the back and forth.

Makes it fun.  I've always had an affinity for the Indians.  I blame it on being very young when I first watched Major league.

HA! :lol:

Orioles involved in 422 HRs to date.  At the height of the roid era, when McGwire broke the record, the Cards were involved in 374. The Cubs, 392.  

Yankees 444 last year.

21 hours ago, nzoner said:

20 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Lots of offense last night.  Kimbrel did close it out.  

Should've bet the under

• Like 1

Great win for the Bronx Bombers last night. Let's hope they can get some carry over and salvage what they can on this road trip. 

Congrats to the Orioles for being the first team to be eliminated completely from the playoffs...

Detroit currently has an elimination number of one, so they will probably be eliminated today...

The gutty, gritty group of has beens, cast offs, no names and over achievers that is the 2019 NY Yankees roll into Chavez Ravine back on their heels and take 2 of 3 from the NL's best. Well done. Boone has done an incredible job keeping it together. Gotta love this team. 

Nice going into Citi Field and sweeping the Mets and taking five-of-six from them over the past week...

Great that the Braves continue to win since the Nationals aren't losing...

One thing for sure, the Nats have a hell of a stretch coming up from September 5-18...

Braves are really good.  Hoping to get a rematch in the post-season but, probably less than a 50% shot of making it as of now.

Close games but, you gotta take win that series at home.

Next 3 against the Cubs, those will be huge as well.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Braves are really good.  Hoping to get a rematch in the post-season but, probably less than a 50% shot of making it as of now.

Close games but, you gotta take win that series at home.

Next 3 against the Cubs, those will be huge as well.

One thing for sure, that Braves-Mets games were all tight games...  The Mets 10-8 win game was 10-3 at one point, so they did make it interesting in the ninth...

Definitely all "on the edge of your seat" games...

Judge is on fire. Good to see. Did you know the Yankees have more homeruns on the road, in lesser games, than at home? 

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Judge is on fire. Good to see. Did you know the Yankees have more homeruns on the road, in lesser games, than at home? 

No... because they are the Yankers

3 hours ago, nospk said:

No... because they are the Yankers

Correct answer...  No one outside of New York gives rat's ass about the Yankees...

3 minutes ago, posty said:

Correct answer...  No one outside of New York gives rat's ass about the Yankees...

I noticed that when they had the highest road attendance for like the last 75 years. Posty gets it wrong again.  Nothing like hearing "let's go Yankees" being chanted in Seattle. Lol. 

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I noticed that when they had the highest road attendance for like the last 75 years. Posty gets it wrong again.  Nothing like hearing "let's go Yankees" being chanted in Seattle. Lol. 

Even if you hate the Yankees that was a stupid comment. They are like the Cowboys, they have large groups of fans everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Even if you hate the Yankees that was a stupid comment. They are like the Cowboys, they have large groups of fans everywhere.

It wasn't stupid as it got the response I was expecting...  It's very easy at times...