Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

**Official MLB 2019**

Got tickets for the White Sox/Angels game last night because my son wanted to go see Mike Trout play for his birthday.  

Of course, Trout was a late scratch!!!

He was excited to see Ohatani get 3 hits though.  It will be interesting to see what he does when he returns to pitching.  

Watched both teams take batting practice and the majority of these players are all swinging with an exaggerated uppercut now.  

Not surprising since there’s so much emphasis on launch angle, but it really jumps out at you when you’re watching them up close, in person. Many of them look like they’re golfing.  

4 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Cardinal fans are already chirping around here :mad:

I can imagine.  Focking Yelich!  I know walking him there puts the winning run at second, but you’d really wanna pitch to just about anyone in the league other than Yelich there. 

The Cubs now also need to be concerned about losing the wild card race.  The D Backs are charging hard. 

1 minute ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Baseball in 2019...four NL hitters at 44+ home runs, zero NL hitters above a .291 BA.

Huh?

The Astros have scored 36 runs in their last 2 games and there’s still another inning to play in tonight’s game. 

Thats insane.  

Nice to see Albert Pujols get over the .250 line. Plus he’s got 22 HRs and 85 RBIs. He’s one player that I still check on. Griffey and Big Hurt were the last 2 players that I followed like this.

7 minutes ago, Reality said:

47 HR's for Alonso, man, what a year...

McGwire type player.  The NL East has a treasure trove of young talent.  

10 hours ago, vuduchile said:

The Astros have scored 36 runs in their last 2 games and there’s still another inning to play in tonight’s game. 

Thats insane.  

In the last 3 games they have scored 38 runs and the pitching staff has given up 2!

ETA: While Yuli and Correa are injured and not playing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Uncle Leo said:

Nice to see Albert Pujols get over the .250 line. Plus he’s got 22 HRs and 85 RBIs. He’s one player that I still check on. Griffey and Big Hurt were the last 2 players that I followed like this.

We saw him play 1B against the White Sox the other night and the guy could barely bend over or jog.  

Pretty sad   

Yelich broke his knee cap tonight. 

Done for the season.  

Gonna be tough for the Brewers to make a serious run at the wild card spot now.  

Baez also out for the rest of the regular season for the Cubs.  The kid they called up last night to replace him was impressive in his debut, but the loss of Baez will be tough to overcome.  

8 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Yelich broke his knee cap tonight. 

Done for the season.  

Gonna be tough for the Brewers to make a serious run at the wild card spot now.  

Baez also out for the rest of the regular season for the Cubs.  The kid they called up last night to replace him was impressive in his debut, but the loss of Baez will be tough to overcome.  

Hopefully the Astros give Miley back to the Brewers.  Over two starts he has given up 12 runs and recorded 1 damn out.

• Like 1

That’s terrible news about Yelich.  I have no horse in that race, but it is a shame to see a team in a playoff chase like that lose the reigning MVP.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

That’s terrible news about Yelich.  I have no horse in that race, but it is a shame to see a team in a playoff chase like that lose the reigning MVP.

Agreed, that sucks, hoping for a speedy recovery.

Great dude and great ballplayer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Agreed, that sucks, hoping for a speedy recovery.

Great dude and great ballplayer. 

:thumbsup:

Yelich is clearly the best overall player in MLB.  Plays balls out every night.  A huge loss to the league.  Wish him well. 

1 hour ago, Big Blue 06 said:

Yep.  Even as a Cubs fan, I hate to see that.  Freak accident too. Fouled one off his knee and it hit it just right.  

On 9/10/2019 at 9:31 AM, Bert said:

In the last 3 games they have scored 38 runs and the pitching staff has given up 2!

ETA: While Yuli and Correa are injured and not playing.

Did you see how many the A's put on them last night?

WTF is going on?

2 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Did you see how many the A's put on them last night?

WTF is going on?

Miley has been worse than garbage his last 3 starts.  The Astros were going with a 4 man starting rotation and the bullpen for the fifth.  Today was suppose to be the bullpen day.  After Miley gave up 7 in the first and only got one batter out Hinch said screw it and left it up to the bullpen scrubs to finish yesterday so he could save his good relievers for today.   

TB v. Texas last night:

* Regular 9 inning game

* No interruptions, no weather delays

* 13 pitching changes................................................................................... let me repeat that, 13 PITCHING CHANGES!

* 4 hours and 9 focking minutes long

:wall:

21 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yeah it's been :( at the Honcho house since last night.   

Don't give up yet.  It seems like neither the Cubs or Cardinals really wanna win this thing. 

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Don't give up yet.  It seems like neither the Cubs or Cardinals really wanna win this thing. 

7 of the last 10 against each other,I guess it's the way it should be but living in my area with all these cards fans on the wrong side of the state gets real frustrating when they win.

4 minutes ago, nzoner said:

7 of the last 10 against each other,I guess it's the way it should be but living in my area with all these cards fans on the wrong side of the state gets real frustrating when they win.

Yeah.  It’s probably the right way to wrap it up.   It’s been a really frustrating second half for Cubs fans  

I stayed up til 2am on Tue just to watch Cishek walk the bases loaded and then the winning run.  

Stayed with them again last night just to see them lose again, generating no offense.  

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

TB v. Texas last night:

* Regular 9 inning game

* No interruptions, no weather delays

* 13 pitching changes................................................................................... let me repeat that, 13 PITCHING CHANGES!

* 4 hours and 9 focking minutes long

:wall:

A 10-9 game will do that...

Indians need to stay hot and sweep the Twins this weekend. Damn Oakland and Tampa aren't losing.

4 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Schedule down the stretch isn't intimidating...and just as I was about to post this Hader gets the last out against the Marlins, making it 7 straight.   

More injuries for this gritty group of cast offs and overachievers that are the 2019 Yankees. You have to appreciate the resiliency. Go ahead and give Boone MOY now. 

Thought the Mets were out of it..  Maybe, not so much, big series against the Dodgers this weekend coming off a huge 4 game sweep of Arizona.

I like it..

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Thought the Mets were out of it..  Maybe, not so much, big series against the Dodgers this weekend coming off a huge 4 game sweep of Arizona.

I like it..

Definitely have a shot, but the Cubs have the Pirates at home this weekend, so with their record at home the Mets better win the series against the Dodgers to have a chance IMO...

47 minutes ago, posty said:

Definitely have a shot, but the Cubs have the Pirates at home this weekend, so with their record at home the Mets better win the series against the Dodgers to have a chance IMO...

The Metties could survive winning 1 out of 3, a Dodgers sweep would pretty much finish off their season though. Both teams have their top 3 starters going, should be a good series.

On 9/12/2019 at 12:01 PM, vuduchile said:

It’s been a really frustrating second half for Cubs fans  

They're rockin' today 10-4 bottom of the 3rd,been a fun game to watch,Rizzo just hit a GS which was the clubs 10th this season tying a franchise record.

3 hours ago, nzoner said:

They're rockin' today 10-4 bottom of the 3rd,been a fun game to watch,Rizzo just hit a GS which was the clubs 10th this season tying a franchise record.

Yeah. Crazy game. I was listening to the first half of the first inning when the Pirates got 4 and was pissed.  

Got home, took the dog out, put groceries away and turned on the game. It was still the first and the Cubs were up 5-4.  

Watched for awhile and saw the Rizzo slam.  

Ate dinner, cleaned up got back in the truck to go to the HS football game just in time to hear Hoerner clear the bases with a triple to put them up 15-7.  

Braves Charlie Culberson hit-by-pitch in face by 91 mph pitch from Nationals Fernando Rodney...

I know, outlaw bunting...

10 minutes ago, posty said:

Braves Charlie Culberson hit-by-pitch in face by 91 mph pitch from Nationals Fernando Rodney...

I know, outlaw bunting...

Damn