Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

**Official MLB 2019**

Rizzo now likely out for remainder of the reg season. 

Gonna be tough to make the playoffs now that big both and Baez are out.  

1 minute ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Now is a good time to be thankful your team didn't trade for Felipe Vazquez at the deadline. 

Seriously what a screw up...  Rejuvenated his career in Pittsburgh and then proceeds to mess it up like this...

On 9/16/2019 at 8:27 AM, vuduchile said:

Rizzo now likely out for remainder of the reg season. 

Gonna be tough to make the playoffs now that big both and Baez are out.  

Watching last night and thinking "what if" :(

All I ask is if the Cubbies don't make it please let the Brewers win the division.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Watching last night and thinking "what if" :(

All I ask is if the Cubbies don't make it please let the Brewers win the division.

Last night was a tough nut to crack with Sonny Gray on the mound.  Tonight is a must win game before the Cards series. 

It's essentially playoff baseball right now and I love it.

Cards, Cubs, Brewers, Nationals, A's, Indians and Rays are in the thick of it.  Mets, Dbacks, and Phillies still technically alive, but most likely will not be playing in October.   

Suarez hit what, #48 last night?

I wonder why the Tigers cant get guys like him   :dunno:

State police: Felipe Vazquez admitted to sexual encounter with 13-year-old girl

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/crime-courts/2019/09/18/felipe-vazquez-arrested-sex-charges-pirates-pitcher/stories/201909180128

Pirates pitcher Felipe Vazquez on Tuesday admitted to police that he had a sexual encounter with a 13-year-old girl, according to a criminal complaint released Wednesday in Westmoreland County.

The incident happened in August 2017, according to the complaint. The girl, who is now 16, told police that Mr. Vazquez drove his red Mustang to her house in Scottdale and that she met him at the end of her driveway.

She said she got into the passenger side and said Mr. Vazquez, then 26, pulled her onto his lap in the driver’s side of the car, removed her pants and put part of his in her vagina, the complaint said.

In an interview with police on Tuesday morning, Mr. Vazquez, now 28, called the incident “sex but not really,” according to the complaint, because he could not fully insert his .

He stopped trying after about a minute, the girl told police. In the interview with police Tuesday, Vazquez said he told the girl he had to leave “because he had a game that night,” according to the complaint.

As recently as July, Mr. Vazquez wrote a text message to the girl indicating that he wanted to continue having sexual contact with her, according to the complaint.

The August 2017 incident in the Mustang happened after Mr. Vazquez and the girl exchanged sexually explicit texts, according to the criminal complaint. On Tuesday, Mr. Vazquez told police the girl reached out to him on Instagram and said he initially refused to communicate with her because of her age, according to the complaint. He said she appeared to be 16 or younger, according to the complaint.

The legal age for consent in Pennsylvania is 16.

Mr. Vazquez told police the girl sent him naked photos, and he sent her sexually explicit photos and videos in return, according to the complaint.

Mr. Vazquez was charged with statutory sexual assault, unlawful contact with a minor, corruption of minors and indecent assault of a person less than 16 years old. He is being held without bond in the Allegheny County Jail.

Mr. Vazquez was arrested Tuesday on a Florida warrant for allegations that he used a computer device to solicit a child for sex and provide obscene material to a minor.

The same girl is the victim in both cases, Pennsylvania State Police confirmed Wednesday while holding a news conference in Greensburg.

The family moved to Florida, and while there, the girl’s mother discovered communication between the girl and Mr. Vazquez, police said. That prompted the investigation in Florida in early August, which then shifted to Westmoreland County when investigators in Florida learned the girl had had contact with Mr. Vazquez in Scottdale.

Trooper Stephen Limani said police have no indication of additional victims at this point in their investigation.

“When it comes to cases like this you always get concerned there may be someone else out there,” Trooper Limani said. “In this particular instance we only have one report. We are following through with that one report.”

He called the charges “horrific” and said police believe Mr. Vazquez had physical sexual contact with the victim only once.

“It’s a shame, it’s sad, it’s disgusting,” Trooper Limani said.

Mr. Vazquez’s attorney, Michael Comber, did not immediately return a request for comment Wednesday.

Trooper Limani said Mr. Comber is working with state police to determine how Mr. Vazquez will be arraigned on the new charges, and said it could either be via video or by transporting Mr. Vazquez to Westmoreland County.

That arraignment is expected to happen Wednesday afternoon. Trp. Limani said he expects Mr. Vazquez will face the Pennsylvania charges before he is extradited to Florida.

“We have no reason to relinquish Vazquez from our custody until we are able to work through the charges we have,” he said.

-------------

Enjoy prison life...

Cubs 3 games back hosting the Cards for 4,oh what I would give to see a repeat of the season opening series sweep +1.

• Like 1

Fockin Clown German out for possible domestic violence. Why can't these millionaires behave themselves? 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fockin Clown German out for possible domestic violence. Why can't these millionaires behave themselves? 

That is a ruff loss.  Its not like the yanks had a bunch of starting pitching.  

Do you think the yanks will go hard after Cole?

23 minutes ago, Bert said:

That is a ruff loss.  Its not like the yanks had a bunch of starting pitching.  

Do you think the yanks will go hard after Cole?

Cole may be a little long in the tooth. He'd be looking for a five year deal so I don't think so. They didn't go to 5 for Corbin. They should have. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What are you worried about?

According to you, as you laughingly lie to us, that the 2019 Yankees are "A gutty, gritty group of has beens, cast offs, no names and over achievers and we gotta love this team."

10 minutes ago, posty said:

What are you worried about?

According to you, as you laughingly lie to us, that the 2019 Yankees are "A gutty, gritty group of has beens, cast offs, no names and over achievers and we gotta love this team."

Wow Posty. You are truly obsessed. It's ok, you have your fun. You seem like the kind of guy that really needs some. Lol 

13 hours ago, nzoner said:

Cubs 3 games back hosting the Cards for 4,oh what I would give to see a repeat of the season opening series sweep +1.

Tie game!  Bottom 9!

Cubs/Cards rivalry is extremely relevant in late Sept.  

Did anyone see that sh!t Flaherty was throwing at 94 with the bottom dropping out?  

11 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Tie game!  Bottom 9!

Not getting the game in my area getting updates on phone 5-4 Cards

9 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Not getting the game in my area getting updates on phone 5-4 Cards

Yep. Bottom 10 now.  1 out Bote and Castellanos due up 

ETA: Damnit 

Terrible collapse by the Cubs down the stretch.  Maddon is likely done in Chicago, but I don't hang this team's lack of success all on him.  They haven't developed any decent pitchers since he's been here, and they have too many under performers at the plate.  They've tried to cobble together a pitching staff via free agency or trade, but picked up the wrong guys.  Kimbrel might be the biggest disappointment of all.  I guess now we know why he went so long without being signed.  

5 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Terrible collapse by the Cubs down the stretch.  Maddon is likely done in Chicago, but I don't hang this team's lack of success all on him.  They haven't developed any decent pitchers since he's been here, and they have too many under performers at the plate.  They've tried to cobble together a pitching staff via free agency or trade, but picked up the wrong guys.  Kimbrel might be the biggest disappointment of all.  I guess now we know why he went so long without being signed.  

My only hope now is that the Brewers can take care of their own business and the Cubs can at least help them win the division.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Terrible collapse by the Cubs down the stretch.  Maddon is likely done in Chicago, but I don't hang this team's lack of success all on him.  

A shame.  He is a good one. Would take him in DC in a heartbeat over the bumbler they have now.  Good managers lose jobs when the team underperforms and bad ones keep jobs when the team overperforms.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Good managers lose jobs when the team underperforms and bad ones keep jobs when the team overperforms.  

Exactly the reason I'm glad Ned Yost is retiring.

4 minutes ago, nzoner said:

My only hope now is that the Brewers can take care of their own business and the Cubs can at least help them win the division.

I'm just enjoying the ride right now, not even thinking of taking the division.  I'm just shocked that just barely being above a .500 club most of the year, have a negative run differential through today that this club has a chance for 90 wins.   

Someone needs to give Counsel the getting it done with smoke, mirrors and duct tape award.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'm just enjoying the ride right now, not even thinking of taking the division.  I'm just shocked that just barely being above a .500 club most of the year, have a negative run differential through today that this club has a chance for 90 wins.   

Someone needs to give Counsel the getting it done with smoke, mirrors and duct tape award.

As someone who lives just north of Kansas City I would love to see Moose and Cain help get you guys a ring.

• Thanks 1

so I guess the Mike Matheny era in KC begins :bench:

On 9/17/2019 at 11:43 AM, ZeroTolerance said:

Now is a good time to be thankful your team didn't trade for Felipe Vazquez at the deadline. 

i wanted the dodgers to trade for him badly.  amazing it was the right call not to.

Since the second wild card was added in 2012...

only 1 team with a +100 run differential has missed the playoffs:

2012 Rays +120  90 wins.

and only 2 teams have made the playoffs with a run differential under +10:

2016 Rangers +8 (lost 0-3 in ALDS vs Blue Jays)

2012 Orioles +7 (defeated Rangers in the wild card game on the road, lost 2-3 in ALDS vs yankees)

The 2019 Cubs will become the second team with a +100 run differential to miss.  One of the Indians, Rays, Twins and Athletics must ALSO miss with a +100 RD.  (Unless two of them tie and they have a 1 game playoff and you count that as a playoff game in your head)

The Brewers have a chance to become the first team in this second wild card era to make the playoffs with a negative run differential.  But they are only -2 and could turn it positive at the very end.

In the second wild card era, the most wins for a non-playoff club was 91 by the 2013 Rangers.  We will break that this season as the Twins have 97, the Rays and Athletics have 94, and the Indians have 93 and one of them MUST miss the playoffs.

Indians are basically eliminated.  At this point, the Indians could go 96-66 and win no division title, neither wild card, and not even get a play-in.  Outright eliminated with 96 wins.  Brutal.  And they even finished strong, too.  Won 7 of their last 10.  Its not like some huge collapse.  Sometimes stupid owners decide to clean house if a team with world series expectations misses the playoffs.  It would be funny to see Dolan get a broom out and fire some people for this season when it wasn't their fault at all.  They won a ton of games.  Just too many good teams in the AL.

If Kluber doesn't get hurt, this is obviously a 100 win team and they are division champs.  Just a freak injury cost them 2019.

1 hour ago, riversco said:

Indians are basically eliminated.  At this point, the Indians could go 96-66 and win no division title, neither wild card, and not even get a play-in.  Outright eliminated with 96 wins.  Brutal.  And they even finished strong, too.  Won 7 of their last 10.  Its not like some huge collapse.  Sometimes stupid owners decide to clean house if a team with world series expectations misses the playoffs.  It would be funny to see Dolan get a broom out and fire some people for this season when it wasn't their fault at all.  They won a ton of games.  Just too many good teams in the AL.

If Kluber doesn't get hurt, this is obviously a 100 win team and they are division champs.  Just a freak injury cost them 2019.

We have no idea how good the AL is outside of Houston. 3 100 loss teams. 3 more around 90. I would be happy to see the Indians pack it in since they play the Nats. 

23 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

We have no idea how good the AL is outside of Houston. 3 100 loss teams. 3 more around 90. I would be happy to see the Indians pack it in since they play the Nats. 

i believe the rays played 4 extra inning games in the past week or so and won them all.  just losing one of those means the indians are very alive.  they played 6 extra inning games in september and won all 6.

On 9/27/2019 at 6:34 AM, riversco said:

Add Cookie, Clevenger for over a month, Ramirez, Lindor early. This team overachieved with all their injuries. Tito did a hell of a job. 

Astros end season playing 63 games against teams that finished over .500 (2nd least in MLB) Miami played 120. 

Happy with the Mets winning 86 games. I never thought this team could finish 10 games over .500.

9 hours ago, crackattack said:

Add Cookie, Clevenger for over a month, Ramirez, Lindor early. This team overachieved with all their injuries. Tito did a hell of a job. 

Injuries? You know nothing about injuries. 

I guess we can put Alex Coras HOF induction on hold. Whiney bich