Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

**Official MLB 2019**

The game of baseball is poorer for not having the Athletics go deep into the playoffs on a regular basis.  They have the best fans in MLB.  Their enthusiasm and joy and emotion is unrivaled.  But, the Rays and their dead fanbase advance.

1 hour ago, riversco said:

The game of baseball is poorer for not having the Athletics go deep into the playoffs on a regular basis.  They have the best fans in MLB.  Their enthusiasm and joy and emotion is unrivaled.  But, the Rays and their dead fanbase advance.

:lol:  The A's attendance is one of the worse in the league.  They only fill up about 1/3 of the stadium for home games.  Sure the Rays are worse but not by much. 

At this point I am now a fan of anyone playing St. Louis,hopefully the Braves will be the only team I'll be adopting.

13 minutes ago, nzoner said:

At this point I am now a fan of anyone playing St. Louis,hopefully the Braves will be the only team I'll be adopting.

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Bert said:

:lol:  The A's attendance is one of the worse in the league.  They only fill up about 1/3 of the stadium for home games.  Sure the Rays are worse but not by much. 

Most teams go up and down in attendance with playoff success.  If they were regularly going deep in the playoffs, their attendance would be much better.  But none of that hides the fact that their fans are a different breed and a whole nother level of awesome.

1 hour ago, posty said:

Mets canned Mickey Callaway after two seasons at the helm...

Mistake.  Basically that is blaming him for 7 losses.   They are clearly 2-3 hitters away from anything.

Mets don't cheat hard enough.  Twins had Michael Pineda taking PEDs all year and rode his butt to the division title.  Then he takes a 60 game suspension.

5 hours ago, riversco said:

Most teams go up and down in attendance with playoff success.  If they were regularly going deep in the playoffs, their attendance would be much better.  But none of that hides the fact that their fans are a different breed and a whole nother level of awesome.

Fair enough.  Like the Raiders, they have a couple of thousands crazy dedicated fans. 

I've been to Oakland for a playoff game, when they were really good with Giambi, Chavez, Zito and that crew. Not impressed with the fans. They cared more about the raiders/ niners game that was on that day. 

Let's hope that clown not running hard comes back to haunt the Braves. 

Yup, it's October. Braves cough up another lead. Great game though. 

Well, that was easy. Now let's hope  Tampa can extend Houston. Not easy vs Verlander, but he is going on short rest. 

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, that was easy. Now let's hope  Tampa can extend Houston. Not easy vs Verlander, but he is going on short rest. 

TB up 3-0 in the 2nd.  Justin is likely to sit down soon. 

5 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

TB up 3-0 in the 2nd.  Justin is likely to sit down soon. 

Not a big fan of the short rest or taking top guys out of turn in a playoff series.  I know R Johnson and others have done it with success, but I thought then and I think now that Torre messing with Mussina in 04 was the fatal mistake he made. 

Wow. What a play by the Rays. Perfectly played, great throw and relay, great tag. One of the best I've ever seen. 

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not a big fan of the short rest or taking top guys out of turn in a playoff series.  I know R Johnson and others have done it with success, but I thought then and I think now that Torre messing with Mussina in 04 was the fatal mistake he made. 

Agreed. Hindsight is 20/20 but today's pitchers struggle on short rest. It's well established. You should be happy. The Stros rotation will be in disarray if they win.

11 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s definitely a gamble. 

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Agreed. Hindsight is 20/20 but today's pitchers struggle on short rest. It's well established. You should be happy. The Stros rotation will be in disarray if they win.

Yes. I was very happy that Tampa has extended them at the very least. Shouid be a good game 5 now that Tampas bats are going. 

Starting with the 2016 world series between the Cubs and Indians, there have been 16 playoff series completed.  Only 1 of them ended with a home victory.  The other 15 ended with a road victory.  This excludes wild card games which are not playoff series.  The only playoff series won at home was the 2017 ALCS by the Astros over the Yankees .

19 of the last 22 playoff series ended with a road victory.  (2016 cubs over dodgers, 2016 blue jays over rangers)

The last 5 world series have ended with a road victory.  

42 minutes ago, riversco said:

Starting with the 2016 world series between the Cubs and Indians, there have been 16 playoff series completed.  Only 1 of them ended with a home victory.  The other 15 ended with a road victory.  This excludes wild card games which are not playoff series.  The only playoff series won at home was the 2017 ALCS by the Astros over the Yankees .

19 of the last 22 playoff series ended with a road victory.  (2016 cubs over dodgers, 2016 blue jays over rangers)

The last 5 world series have ended with a road victory.  

I wouldn't be surprised to see both road teams win tonight, especially the Cardinals...

7 hours ago, posty said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see both road teams win tonight, especially the Cardinals...

Wow.  Just turned on the Braves/Cards game.  

13-1 is a serious drubbing in a win or go home game.  

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

It was 10-0...in the first f*cking inning. The Cardinals put in their defensive substitutions before they even threw a pitch.

35 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Yeah...  I was really nervous with Folty starting...  There was a reason that he was sent to the minors during the season...

Oh well...  Things like this happen...

35 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

It was 10-0...in the first f*cking inning. The Cardinals put in their defensive substitutions before they even threw a pitch.

Rough way to go out. 

4 minutes ago, posty said:

Yeah...  I was really nervous with Folty starting...  There was a reason that he was sent to the minors during the season...

Oh well...  Things like this happen...

Don’t follow the Braves.  Was he on short rest or is he at the end of the rotation?

Acuna not running came back to haunt the Braves. 

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Don’t follow the Braves.  Was he on short rest or is he at the end of the rotation?

He started Game 2 on October 4...  He had pitched better after returning to the majors, but he is usually toward the end of the rotation...

• Like 1

Fockin fell asleep with LA up 3-0. That's twice I missed comebacks. I wish they would start these games a bit earlier. Anyway, chalk says to root for the Rays, but they scare me too. Push comes to shove I'd rather have them, but they are a tough team. 

21 minutes ago, posty said:

Sounds like the Phillies are firing Gabe Kapler...

Ken Rosenthal is definitely reporting that as he confirmed the original report from Salisbury.

Another good line from last night's tweets:

"Joe Kelly just kills the Dodgers in October".  :lol:

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I wish they would start these games a bit earlier.

Get used to it...  Pretty sure the Yankees will always be the late start when both games are going, even if the Astros don't make it...

12 minutes ago, posty said:

Get used to it...  Pretty sure the Yankees will always be the late start when both games are going, even if the Astros don't make it...

I know. It didn't bother me In years past, but I'm getting older and I work earlier now. So sleep is going to win out when the Yankees aren't in it. I used to be at the stadium for a lot of these games. Fock that noise at this point in my life.