Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

**Official MLB 2019**

Just now, shorepatrol said:

That DP was focking awesome!!! 

That was a great play.  Stros OF has been damned good tonight.  

15 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

That DP was focking awesome!!! 

Yeah, that was a great play and a killer for the Yankees.  You go from having 1st and 2nd with one out to inning over.  

I’m sorry, but this ump is absolutely awful with the balls and strikes.  I’ve always been against the idea of machines calling balls and strikes, but this guy makes me want it.

Just now, shorepatrol said:

Another DP!!!!!!! That was a rocket to first base

Everyone b!tches about baseball being boring but I love seeing these guys play defense like that. 

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Everyone b!tches about baseball being boring but I love seeing these guys play defense like that. 

It has been. This game is an outlier from days past. This game is fantastic

4 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

It has been. This game is an outlier from days past. This game is fantastic

This game had been incredible.  I want them to keep the score right here so that we get a tense bottom of the 9th.  6-2 isn’t quite as exciting

Well, this is it.  Let’s see what the Houston closer is worth here.  The Yankees can’t get a hit with men on base, so the best thing Osuna can do is walk the lead off guy. 

Given the setting, given it was off Chapman - that was one of the all time greatest clutch hits in the history of the game.

Has to be. 

Chapman can't be giving into Altuve with a defensive replacement up next, with two outs. Stupid. 

8 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Given the setting, given it was off Chapman - that was one of the all time greatest clutch hits in the history of the game.

Has to be. 

Chapman is a girl choking thug. Glad to see him blow it. Fock him

Neck tats are so cool, brah.

If anyone, I don’t mind that it was Altuve.  I respect him as a player and he seems like a humble guy.

if it was Correa, it would be worse.  I focking hate that guy.

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Chapman can't be giving into Altuve with a defensive replacement up next, with two outs. Stupid. 

Blame Boone. Sorry I am not high on the guy. Other managers would refuse to get beat by the other team's superstar.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Has to be. 

Great game! The HR Rajai Davis hit off Chapman in game 7 of the WS in 2016 is up there for me. Even tho the Indians lost, a HR in the 8th off of arguably one of the best closer in mlb. I'll always remember that.

This was the type of series I thought it would originally be. Very good game 👍

I wanted another day. The games were great and the pace of the games were too, even with all the pitching changes. Kept Bregman in check and beat Verlander once. If you told me that at the start I would have thought we were going to a game 7 at least. W.S. should be a dandy. 

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I agree.  Should never give a guy like Altuve anything to hit in that situation. 

Just now, vuduchile said:

I agree.  Should never give a guy like Altuve anything to hit in that situation. 

A slider no less. The exact same pitch he threw prior. Sanchez ain't bright either. 

Just saw a Yankee stat. First time the Yankees haven't made a WS in a decade since 1910. Love em or hate em, that's a commitment to excellence. 

1 hour ago, posty said:

GFB another World Series without the Yankees ruining it...

What a joyless loser.  

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:37 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I was somewhere and couldn't hear the game call. Did Smoltz or anyone else say that was nuts?

I still can't believe they threw him anything near the plate.

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I was somewhere and couldn't hear the game call. Did Smoltz or anyone else say that was nuts?

I don't remember if they said it afterward, but during the AB Smoltz said Chapman had to make a decision about whether to challenge Altuve or go after Marisnick. 

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Buck said something prior. I don't know what was said after the fact. My TV was off. It wa just a blunder. I was shocked after 2-0 when Chapman went into his windup. 

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Altuve swings (and hits) at most things within a mile of the plate.  You are better throwing the ball down the middle to a bad ball hitter.  Just put him on.   

7 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Altuve swings (and hits) at most things within a mile of the plate.  You are better throwing the ball down the middle to a bad ball hitter.  Just put him on.   

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Buck said something prior. I don't know what was said after the fact. My TV was off. It wa just a blunder. I was shocked after 2-0 when Chapman went into his windup. 

I've heard a little more debate on the subject since my initial reaction and learned a few statistics that might have played a part in this decision.   It's important to remember that Springer was not in scoring position when Altuve was at bat.

1. Altuve hit for extra bases 11% of the time this season and the Yanks OF was playing deep so odds of an extra base hit were slightly less than that.

2. Chapman only gave up 7 doubles and 3 homers this whole season.

3. Marisnick hit .233 on the season. If you walk Altuve, and move Springer to 2nd, a base hit would likely end the game.   

So it boils down to an 11% chance for Altuve to end the game there, vs a 23% chance Marisnick would end it. 

The big mistake was execution.  Altuve's zone for extra base hits is up and away.  Guess where Chapman left that slider.  

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I've heard a little more debate on the subject since my initial reaction and learned a few statistics that might have played a part in this decision.   It's important to remember that Springer was not in scoring position when Altuve was at bat.

1. Altuve hit for extra bases 11% of the time this season and the Yanks OF was playing deep so odds of an extra base hit were slightly less than that.

2. Chapman only gave up 7 doubles and 3 homers this whole season.

3. Marisnick hit .233 on the season. If you walk Altuve, and move Springer to 2nd, a base hit would likely end the game.   

So it boils down to an 11% chance for Altuve to end the game there, vs a 23% chance Marisnick would end it. 

The big mistake was execution.  Altuve's zone for extra base hits is up and away.  Guess where Chapman left that slider.  

Good stats.  But Marisnick isn't hitting .233 against Chapman.  Closer to .200.  He had only one career PA against Chapman and K'd.  Altuve was 3/7 off Chapman.  Still, as a manager, I have an easier time trying to explain being beaten by Marisnick than Chapman.

I'm going after a cold Marisnick off the bench over Altuve every day of the week. Case closed. 

20 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Good stats.  But Marisnick isn't hitting .233 against Chapman.  Closer to .200.  He had only one career PA against Chapman and K'd.  Altuve was 3/7 off Chapman.  Still, as a manager, I have an easier time trying to explain being beaten by Marisnick than Chapman.

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'm going after a cold Marisnick off the bench over Altuve every day of the week. Case closed. 

I'm not saying I disagree, but I am saying it's not as cut and dried as I'd originally thought.  

If Boone walks Springer into scoring position and Marisnick manages a hit, then everyone's second guessing that decision.  

3 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I'm not saying I disagree, but I am saying it's not as cut and dried as I'd originally thought.  

If Boone walks Springer into scoring position and Marisnick manages a hit, then everyone's second guessing that decision.  

I'm not. That's baseball is what I would say. Bucky Dent gets you sometimes.