Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

**Official MLB 2019**

Cleveland wins AL Central. Bounced in first round. 

**trades pending. Could update.

Yanks win AL East, meet Houston in ALCS, win in 7. Defeat Cubs for #28, beginning another multi championship run for the evil empire. 

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Please God of Baseball make Craig Kimbrel a Brewer.   Amen.  

Yeah.  That's what you need.  Another arm in that bullpen. 

Dbacks got rid of all of their stars not named Greinke, and the Padres are tooling up, so... it will be a long year. :(

not going to be a fun season for the giants.  they are in rebuild and missed on stanton and harper, with no back up plan.  i liked last year's signings of  longoria and mccutchen, but right now we have some young guys and some guys on the back end of their careers (accumulating  injuries)

56 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Yeah.  That's what you need.  Another arm in that bullpen. 

Knebel and Jeffress both beginning the season on the DL with no real timetable.   Two tough guys to replace if they miss significant time.

• Like 1

Cubs should contend again. 

Kris Bryant back at 100%.  

Lester, Hamels, Hendricks, Quintana and maybe Darvish looks solid 

Getting Morrow back in the closer slot is also a big deal   

who cares. Baseball sucks and is a waste of time.

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

who cares. Baseball sucks and is a waste of time.

Yup. The only thing to look forward to sports-wise right now is the Masters.

4 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

Sadly even the playoffs suck for baseball. they take even longer. I couldn't even watch the World Series last year without FF through most of it

5 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

The only thing to look forward to sports-wise right now is the Masters.

Not even close...

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Sadly even the playoffs suck for baseball. they take even longer. I couldn't even watch the World Series last year without FF through most of it

You're like the parents in our youth league who want us to keep the kids playing machine pitch as long as possible because it makes for a faster, more exciting game.  

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

You're like the parents in our youth league who want us to keep the kids playing machine pitch as long as possible because it makes for a faster, more exciting game.  

what age?

and they may be on to something.

1 hour ago, dain11279 said:

Fo sure. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

9 & 10

they're not

Juggs should be used for every age, through college and into the pros. Real pitchers can come into the 7th inning of a major league game. If extra innings are needed, bring back the juggs

7 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Wow that would suck...  I would be really against it and would definitely voice my opinion...

Had my fantasy draft yesterday. Got Jimenez for 27 on a 260 budget. Trout for 64. AL only. Can't wait! 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Juggs should be used for every age, through college and into the pros. Real pitchers can come into the 7th inning of a major league game. If extra innings are needed, bring back the juggs

Shut up

Sit down

1 hour ago, posty said:

Wow that would suck...  I would be really against it and would definitely voice my opinion...

We reached a compromise.  3 innings machine pitch and 3 live pitch.  Gives the kids a chance to get introduced to live pitch at the plate and gives the kids a chance to learn to pitch.  I'm ok with it.  The sooner they start playing real baseball, the better it is for them.  

29 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

We reached a compromise.  3 innings machine pitch and 3 live pitch.  Gives the kids a chance to get introduced to live pitch at the plate and gives the kids a chance to learn to pitch.  I'm ok with it.  The sooner they start playing real baseball, the better it is for them.  

And importantly---like in my brothers case---learn the ability to get out of the way of a bad pitch.   Jeebus, my little brother got hit so many times, every time the ball was coming towards him he would freeze like a deer in the headlights...and THUD, down like a sack of potatoes.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

And importantly---like in my brothers case---learn the ability to get out of the way of a bad pitch.   Jeebus, my little brother got hit so many times, every time the ball was coming towards him he would freeze like a deer in the headlights...and THUD, down like a sack of potatoes.   

Can't score if you don't get on base...  Good job boosting his OBP...

• Haha 1

It's funny the one rule I'd be most in favor of baseball doing I don't think has been seriously on the table---computer calling balls and strikes.   Screw umpires with 2 inches off the plate, screw strike zones that change during the game.  I'm guessing a consistent strike zone speeds the game up too.   

And I'm pretty much a traditionalist, but I just hate watching games where different pitchers get different calls.   Though I will miss the catchers who are really good at sneaking balls back into the zone, that's pretty cool.

47 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

It's funny the one rule I'd be most in favor of baseball doing I don't think has been seriously on the table---computer calling balls and strikes.   Screw umpires with 2 inches off the plate, screw strike zones that change during the game.  I'm guessing a consistent strike zone speeds the game up too.   

And I'm pretty much a traditionalist, but I just hate watching games where different pitchers get different calls.   Though I will miss the catchers who are really good at sneaking balls back into the zone, that's pretty cool.

I consider myself a traditionalist too, and I agree with everything you just said.

55 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Does your video game version of baseball include a computer that will adjust the size of the strike zone to each batter? Or does it use the same size for every batter? 

2 hours ago, edjr said:

What the hell?  How does anyone learn to, I dunno, pitch in this scenario.  

Interestingly, I think baseball and golf are two sports where, if you played them, you appreciate them a lot more.  I played both and enjoy watching both at the highest level.  You golf but I don't recall any baseball, and your attitude is consistent.  Then again, you played soccer and I find a typical 1-nil boat race to be the epitome of mind-numbingly boring "sport".  You I presume would lecture me on the nuances of kicking the ball backwards to preserve your lead.  :dunno:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nospk said:

Does your video game version of baseball include a computer that will adjust the size of the strike zone to each batter? Or does it use the same size for every batter? 

Pretty sure pitch analysis can in real time adjust for different size batters.   

Pirates continue to milk the league for revenue while putting a barely AAA team on the field...trading away expensive players for prospects.

60 wins by accident

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

What the hell?  How does anyone learn to, I dunno, pitch in this scenario.  

Interestingly, I think baseball and golf are two sports where, if you played them, you appreciate them a lot more.  I played both and enjoy watching both at the highest level.  You golf but I don't recall any baseball, and your attitude is consistent.  Then again, you played soccer and I find a typical 1-nil boat race to be the epitome of mind-numbingly boring "sport".  You I presume would lecture me on the nuances of kicking the ball backwards to preserve your lead.  :dunno:

I golfed played baseball and soccer.  baseball is the worst to watch

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

I golfed played baseball and soccer.  baseball is the worst to watch

Soccer is by far the dumbest game ever invented.  By extension, everyone who watches it is dumber than those who don’t   

In the last 10 years, only 2 vegas favorites (on opening day) have won the world series.  The 2016 Cubs were favorites heading into the season at 9/2 and won it all.  The 2009 Yankees were +500 favorites and won it all.  The worst odds for a winner was the 2013 Red Sox at 35/1.  As it turns out, the world series winner often is a division champ that had very poor odds going into the season. 

AL picks have comically bad as of late.  In 2016, the Red Sox and Astros were the two favorites in the AL and it was the Indians who broke thru from 35/1 odds to win the pennant.  In 2017, the Red Sox and Indians were the top 2 favorites in the AL and that was the Astros year who won it all from 14/1 odds.  Then in 2018 it was the Astros and Indians who were the two favorites and it was the Red Sox year to win it all from 17/1 odds.  Talk about not being able to hit the broad side of a barn door....

This year its the Astros and Red Sox as the 2 favorites and the Indians are down (and the Yankees have great odds even tho they are picked as a wild card), so expect the Indians to get career years out of several players, expect CarGo and Oscar Mercado to be huge contributors, and for the Indians to trade for a big time OF or something and they wind up steamrolling the AL.

Berrios should contend for a Cy Young.  He added a nasty cutter to his arsenal this offseason for righties.

Rosario is fun to watch hit.  If they get ANYTHING out of Buxton, I will be surprised.

That is all the Twins have going for them this year.

48 minutes ago, riversco said:

In the last 10 years, only 2 vegas favorites (on opening day) have won the world series.  The 2016 Cubs were favorites heading into the season at 9/2 and won it all.  The 2009 Yankees were +500 favorites and won it all.  The worst odds for a winner was the 2013 Red Sox at 35/1.  As it turns out, the world series winner often is a division champ that had very poor odds going into the season. 

AL picks have comically bad as of late.  In 2016, the Red Sox and Astros were the two favorites in the AL and it was the Indians who broke thru from 35/1 odds to win the pennant.  In 2017, the Red Sox and Indians were the top 2 favorites in the AL and that was the Astros year who won it all from 14/1 odds.  Then in 2018 it was the Astros and Indians who were the two favorites and it was the Red Sox year to win it all from 17/1 odds.  Talk about not being able to hit the broad side of a barn door....

This year its the Astros and Red Sox as the 2 favorites and the Indians are down (and the Yankees have great odds even tho they are picked as a wild card), so expect the Indians to get career years out of several players, expect CarGo and Oscar Mercado to be huge contributors, and for the Indians to trade for a big time OF or something and they wind up steamrolling the AL.

Been 10 years since those Bronx Bums have won it all and 19 years they have won it all JUST once? Bigly sad

28 minutes ago, edjr said:

Been 10 years since those Bronx Bums have won it all and 19 years they have won it all JUST once? Bigly sad

Let me know when they hit one of those 86 year droughts I've heard about. 

If everything breaks right for the Phillies they should win 90+ games and make the postseason. The hitting lineup should be vastly improved. Phils need Arrieta to have a bounce back year and another starter outside Nola to take a step up. I’m excited for the season for the first time in ages.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

If everything breaks right for the Phillies they should win 90+ games and make the postseason. The hitting lineup should be vastly improved. Phils need Arrieta to have a bounce back year and another starter outside Nola to take a step up. I’m excited for the season for the first time in ages.

Hey look, it's Mr, Philly. Via Long Island. Via via New Jersey. 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Hey guys you may have heard I grew up and lived  in Queens, Long Island and NJ and rooted for the Jets, Mets and Knicks. before moving to the greater Philadelphia area and now live in the city.

Im sad and need to fit in  

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

This from the fake cop / Marine with a tough guy resume and IP address in Texas who plagiarizes Trip Advisor reviews to sound worldly. :lol:

Been all over the world skippy. Places you'll never see. But hey, I'm sure you'll love the Olive Garden this weekend. Lol.