Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Krafty move

For his sake he better hope he was only a customer and not someone that was running the operation. This situation keeps sounding worse and worse from the human trafficking standpoint.

The Patriot way?

Twitter rumors abound.

One that is out there:

"Patriots owner Robert Kraft being charged with soliciting prostitution related to what FL police say is a massage parlor where women - who were told they were coming to US for legit jobs - were in fact held as virtual prisoners/sex workers."

Que the Patriot Missile jokes, or is it too soon or insensitive?

The denials have begun...

Associated Press

In a statement, a spokesperson for Kraft said they "categorically deny that Mr. Kraft engaged in any illegal activity. Because it is a judicial matter, we will not be commenting further."

No missile jokes from me....................... but how about "When it showers it pours............................. for poor Mr. Kraft"

Kraft Heinz stock is sinking after falling short on earnings and revenue, reporting a $15B write-off, and revealing that the SEC is looking into its accounting practices.

Kraft stock (KHC) is down over 27% right now

Mr. Buffet down $4 Billion on that too... 

P.S.  Is a table shower what it sounds like?

Goodell has stated in the past that owners should be held to a higher standard than players. Jim Irsay got a 6-game suspension and was fined $500K after drug charges in 2014. Not sure what the NFL penalty is for misdemeanor solicitation of prostitution but it will be interesting to see what judgement is handed down.

When u have more money than god, why on earth do you need to do this, especially outside your house. Plus the dude is in his seventies? How high can his libido be? SMH

Money the root of evil. 

It would be odd if he was just there for a happy ending and didnt have a part in the operation.

Why would a multiple billion dollar man walk into any old massage parlor in florida?  I know he is old but he hasnt "lost it".  You would have to be an idiot.  Only logical answer is he had a part in it.   But peoplr fo surprisingly dumb things all the time so it shoulfnt shock me I guess.

I'm in a Boston suburb; this will be THE news, until Mueller releases his report.

*I* highly doubt Kraft was involved in the massage parlor, other than a customer.  Per TheBostonGlobe's article on it:  Kraft would be driven there - Uber?  And, he visited the location TWICE.  :-o

Brings up memories of Hugh Grant getting busted in Hollywood, years back.  But, as the owner of the NFL team that just won the Superbowl - obviously on a much bigger stage.  Can't wait to see how big the fine will be, from the Commissioner.  My guess is seven-figures ($1M-plus).

I guess Kraft is missing Craig's List Personals and Backpage just like most of America, hunh?

According to Shefter report..............Kraft is not the biggest name involved in the bust.

Personally, I think Robert Kraft is an really, really big name not only in football but in the world of business..............gotta be top 200 for me so it will be interesting to see who else is behind the curtain.

21 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Goodell has stated in the past that owners should be held to a higher standard than players. Jim Irsay got a 6-game suspension and was fined $500K after drug charges in 2014. Not sure what the NFL penalty is for misdemeanor solicitation of prostitution but it will be interesting to see what judgement is handed down.

If there's no punishment. Then you know Goodell has made a visit himself.

17 hours ago, lesjroza said:

According to Shefter report..............Kraft is not the biggest name involved in the bust.

it will be interesting to see who else is behind the curtain.

Brady... Goodell... or how far away is Mar-a-lago?

Whattaya know? More asterisks and tarnish on the most shady "dynasty" ever.  I bet belichick helped him tape the pre wank warmups to gain an advantage.  What a dirty old man.  Taking advantage of other human beings to get his rocks off. Nice, Bob.

• Thanks 1

Lol Roadlizard, it’s been a little bit longer the I thought. 

But I knew you would join this thread. 

On 2/24/2019 at 7:20 PM, weepaws said:

Lol Roadlizard, it’s been a little bit longer the I thought. 

But I knew you would join this thread. 

Sure thing.  Hey, it is what it is.  The golden child of the NFL has been exposed as a scumbag, basically.  Nice job, bob.  Ironically, he just hired a famous defense lawyer that specializes in defending child rapists.  The lawyer is the same guy that got that disgusting Jeffrey Epstein guy reduced charges and whatever else after being involved with underage prostitution.  Such wholesome characters.

spygate, tuck rules, deflate gate and now rape gate.  I love it.  Tarnished.  Forever.  Can’t be avoided.  Sorry.

On 2/26/2019 at 5:15 AM, RoadLizard said:

Sure thing.  Hey, it is what it is.  The golden child of the NFL has been exposed as a scumbag, basically.  Nice job, bob.  Ironically, he just hired a famous defense lawyer that specializes in defending child rapists.  The lawyer is the same guy that got that disgusting Jeffrey Epstein guy reduced charges and whatever else after being involved with underage prostitution.  Such wholesome characters.

spygate, tuck rules, deflate gate and now rape gate.  I love it.  Tarnished.  Forever.  Can’t be avoided.  Sorry.

So, I'm lost on your train of thought here.  I don't think anyone has intimated that Bob Kraft was anything special.  Brady?  Yes.  Belichick?  Yes.  Kraft?  Not really.  He's really only the guy who signs the checks.  Besides, he was fined and penalized a decade ago, so it's not like he's been squeaky clean in the past you seem to imply.

If you play by all the rules.......you dont get that high up in the world of business.   You just dont.

Of course hes not squeaky clean.  

I'd be surprised if any of the old boys club at the NFL are.

He will get fined by the league as sort of a punishment for getting caught, and the other old boys will probably high five him in private.

If all he got was a happy ending, I guarantee nobody at NFL HQ really cares.

if it turns out to be he was the man behind the human trafficking (ie. the owner of the massage parlor) then we may have a more serious matter. 

On 2/26/2019 at 5:15 AM, RoadLizard said:

Child rapist?  Rape Gate?  Underage prostitution?

There has been no one charged with trafficing by the way...

Apparently, the women he was caught on video with are the 45-year-old spa manager and a 58-year-old licensed masseuse.  Seems like these characters were doing their job, which I'm sure Kraft appreciated.

9 hours ago, jaxjag said:

Child rapist?  Rape Gate?  Underage prostitution?

There has been no one charged with trafficing by the way...

Apparently, the women he was caught on video with are the 45-year-old spa manager and a 58-year-old licensed masseuse.  Seems like these characters were doing their job, which I'm sure Kraft appreciated.

I said the lawyer that he’s hired is the same guy that gets molestors offf the hook.  The whole thing is just shady and bad.  Like really bad. And remember, just like the Patriots.....when you get caught doing stuff that’s wrong its highly likely that you’ve done other stuff wrong too that you didn’t get caught for.  It’s OK, it’s just tarnished and shady.  Sorry.  

Lawyers are like prostitutes, they get people off.

Kraft will likely get off as it sounds like much of the police's behavior was "shady" as well.  Illegal planting of cameras... illegal traffic stops...  perhaps they went overboard in their claims of trafficking, etc. as it fits their agenda.  Linking Kraft's name to trafficking while he was with two middle aged women seems irresponsible to me.. 

As for Kraft,  he is a 77 year old billionaire that paid for sex.  Surprisingly poor taste, in my opinion, but I can't say what it is like to be 77 either...  Maybe they guy is starting to slip?

On the flip side, Kraft has given over $400 million dollars to charity over the years.  I'm sure you never gave him any props for that, right?  I also suspect you were less vocal when Jim Irsay was charged with DUI and possession of a controlled substance.  I believe Irsay's actions were worse than Kraft's but expect the NFL to fine Kraft more harshly.

of course Jaxjag.   that's why good lawyers get the big bucks.

As for Kraft:    

Poor taste?   Absolutely.

Stupid (on this issue at least)  Absolutely.

But as I said in my earlier post, anyone who gets that high up in the world of business generally does not make it their by playing by all the rules.   There are people he has stepped on both legally and likely illegally at some point in the past.  Very few people with the kind of money he has are truly squeaky clean.

but the NFL is an old boys club.   he will get a slap on the wrist after his lawyers get him off the hook.

Hiring a hooker isnt an EXTREMELY terrible crime in the grand scheme of things.    It's tacky, maybe a bit shady, but hes not hurting anyone other than potentially himself and his image.

maybe next time he will be smart and hire someone who does house calls so he does not have to go into places like this himself.

in life, having a lot of money and a good lawyer can buy you an awful lot of forgiveness.   I am sure he will walk.

as for the supposed frame up and such..... I dont know what to make of it.  seems goofy.  

I suspect we will never know all the facts on this unless it goes to court.   but I'm pretty sure this will be settled before getting to that point.  Especially if the police botched the job as bad as they say.

and no.... nobody cares at this point how much the guy gave to charity.  That wont matter until the heat has died down.   You know how it is.... bad news travels farther and faster than good news ever does.

unfair?   Maybe.   but that's life.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

Hiring a hooker isnt an EXTREMELY terrible crime in the grand scheme of things.    It's tacky, maybe a bit shady, but hes not hurting anyone other than potentially himself and his image.

This part of your statement is completely untrue. Prostitution has opened the door for sex trafficking. Its become a massive problem and it's one of the worst crimes. Women and young girls are being abducted, ripped away from their lives and forced to live in terrible conditions and do unspeakable things all because perverted men want to pay for sex and some men want to make money on the perverts desires. 

I understand the moral implications.   The reality is Craft was not found with a young  or underage girl (which would be considerably more serious)  he was found in the company of an older lady in the employ of the establishment.

My understanding is he was not found in a compromising position, so I think the odds he can get off on the charges is probably pretty good.

apparently they have videotaped him entering and leaving the supposed 'spa' and I dont know that they can prove much more than this.

the quote from one article says the following:

According to police in court documents, Kraft was videotaped entering the facility twice and engaging in sexual acts with women at the parlor before handing undisclosed amounts of cash each time.

this quote came from the following link:

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/431567-kraft-visited-massage-parlor-on-day-of-afc-championship-police

I would be very surprised if they actually having a video of him engaging in the act.   I think it is speculation as to what happened behind closed doors at the establishment.

while we all know what probably did happen, a court needs physical proof.   He will, of course claim he had a sore back or something of the like.

and so to rebut what you said Brutus,  I do think there are many worse things that have been done by NFL players and owners alike.   I have no doubt of that.  We just cannot prove it.  and from a proof perspective, all we can prove is that he went into a shady establishment, may or may not have partaken in the services, and then left. 

how many players and owners have likely gone to strip clubs?  further to that, I suspect there is also a form of prostitution that goes on in these places as well but generally only for people with boatloads of money to spend.

we dont have stories about that, but I'm sure it happens.   I also have no doubt there are varying amounts of alcohol & drugs present for this as well.

anyhow, I do stand by what I have said.  I do think money talks, and Krafts Lawyer will get him off and may even get a retraction or apology from the police unless they have some pretty good evidence to show otherwise.

Not hurting anyone but themselfs is the issue about your post that I have a problem with. 

Yes those things happen as you stated in the post above. 

But when those things do take place a lot more people are hurt then just the person that’s partaking in buying for those acts. 

The other person, and in most cases a woman, is being used in many many cases, and there is abuse and problems behind the scenes that most will never know. 

And how about family members and friends of the person paying for those services, many get hurt when foolish people participate in those type of acts of selfishness. 

Thanks. 

my question is... how would you prove someone received such services without having a camera in the room the supposed services took place in.   I find it hard to believe a judge would grant anyone a warrant to put a camera inside any establishment (even this type of establishment).    If I were a betting man I"d guess they have video evidence of him going in, paying for services, then leaving to a private room.     I cannot see him accepting this kind of deal..... but perhaps if there was a gag order on info released to the public to keep his name clean he may choose to accept it.

I have enough lawyer friends who have talked about this (over a beer because the topic is interesting) and they all claim proving this sort of thing is actually very difficult unless someone actually walks in on you while you are in the process of receiving said 'services'

either way, the story is interesting to say the least, but I would expect Kraft would not accept such a deal without making modifications to the deal.

On 3/19/2019 at 3:40 PM, Bills04 said:

So - at least now we know.  He received two blowies.  Definitely NOT "standard masseuse service!""

It's not?  No wonder she always looks put off when I leave a $10 tip!

Just my opinion, but if you're that old, and your soldier is still able to stand and salute (with or without modern pharmacology), you should be exempt from certain laws.  He has money, the women want money.  I suggest a new constitutional amendment;  If a person is over the legal retirement age to collect full social security, getting a helping hand at an Asian Massage Parlor should not be a criminal offense, provided the women are at least half your age (at least 33 if you are full retirement age) and it's consensual.  I don't think I understand America.  A person in prison for murder can legally get a sex change and the tax payers have to subsidize it.  An old man gets 11 minutes of satisfaction, pays for it himself, it's totally consensual, and it's a crime?  Something is backwards here. 

• Like 1

I think the flaw in the argument is the women in this establishment were allegedly forced to perform said duties...

10 hours ago, jrokh said:

I think the flaw in the argument is the women in this establishment were allegedly forced to perform said duties...

At least that is what was reported in the first 10 minutes.  Kinda quiet on that front since then.

There are huge volumes of pressure and money being thrown around down in Jupiter right now.

Billionaires and the massage parlor owner selling access to trump at mara lago along with the trafficking angle  - its real bad optics all around.

Still the local DA & the police force need something to justify the sting & subsequent expenditures, so they're trying to throw Kraft a bone. Everyone saves face, Bobby K makes a nice donation to their fallen officer fund and a much bigger one to anti trafficking orgs and walks away.

Good for everyone right?

"

On 3/22/2019 at 10:52 AM, jrokh said:

At least that is what was reported in the first 10 minutes.  Kinda quiet on that front since then.

Jax:  From what I read, ONE woman that worked there WAS cooperating with the policy, until a lawyer showed up (from NYC?), who spoke Mandarin.  The woman IMMEDIATELY stopped cooperating..  I've seen documentaries and movies on human trafficking, and the ones involved usually threaten the trafficked women's families, back home..  Me-thinks the lawyer told the one cooperating witness to shut the eff up, or criminals in her home country would kill her entire family.

From profootballrumors:

Documents released by the Palm Beach Attorney’s Office indicate Kraft visited the Orchids of Asia Day Spa twice in a 24-hour span, and on Jan. 20 was videotaped receiving “oral and manual sex” from a woman at the Jupiter, Fla., Spa. According to officials, Kraft gave the woman a $100 bill and another bill before leaving. He flew to Kansas City shortly after this alleged act, being in attendance for the Patriots-Chiefs game later that day.

Whoa dad, that's bad!

The article goes on to specify that his lawyer thinks the sting violated the 4th amendment and the traffic stop after the rub & tug was also a violation of the constitution.  But now the local police are threatening to release the tapes, so it could get worse.

One of the reason that prostitution is illegal is because of the sex trade. Women forced to be a part of this business against their will. If that didn't exist, then there should be no problem with it.